Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+79
ggaagg57
LungTube
59suicide
720boy
vdubbers
SavannahVW
Do Work 93YJ
Beetle Bailey
macollins105
tronview
Laz
Johnny
shaky
blupuick
Clyde
39coupe
Major62
dirtyd73
56rag
panic_fan
vwkultur
bulldawgdude
ping349n
rican11
65type2dailydriver
Brooks424
Geib
57RTOval
laith
tmerritt
primer00
type901
fifty9singlecab
67vdub
Cave Man
jerryg66
Raggtop
rpm750
casey.adams
loves trim
vwtattooed
aircooledaddicts
86vwgti8v
johnvalkennedy
68buggirrl
68beetlebug
adams77
meinvw
stasher1
ASBug
buggin70
callahan
Wildo
drewBAKER
Muffler Bearing
pwmcguire
PeeWeeMan91
camch
DiggerD
jamrens
zabo
Hobug
frehstan
fried_chicken
sploval53
LB Bedwell
BKiller
bumblebuggy
Knumb Knucks
hly3rd
vwovalchild
Damn-it Don
bakertim2
DOODLE BUGG
Bugman114
Grifspop
fluxcap
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
peregrine67
83 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Geib Sun May 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Me and Taylor lowered the front of my 74, now on to the back.
Geib
Geib
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2012-01-12

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by blupuick Mon May 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Got my new muffler in today! Finally able to ditch the un-baffled stinger for an Empi quiet pack. It is so much nicer to drive now and I am sure my neighbors are happier!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 Picture1415
blupuick
blupuick
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon May 14, 2012 6:54 pm

for as long as i've had my bug i've never been able to shut my hood all the way, as the glove box was missing, and i only had the the little end of the cable left. so its been under the hood, and i always just closed the hood on the first click. i finally messed up, and shut the hood all the way. according to thesamba the only way to get it open was to cut the handle off. screw that, so i was able to unbolt the hood thru the glovebox. the driver side wa a little more challenging, but just took a bunch of extensions, and was able to see the bolts thru the speedo grille. i was able to open the hood fromt he windshield about a foot, from there i had to find something long enough to push the thingy on the bottom of the latch (where the cable attaches too). i broke a metal broom handle. the only thing that worked and didn't flex, was a giant chisel we had. not sure whats its used for, but its like 1.5 inches in diameter, solid, bout 5 feet long, and weighs like 50 lbs. anyhoo, once i popped the thing on the latch sideways, it opened.

definately better then cutting the handle off. not sure if this is a common way to open the hood but i didn't see it on thesamba so i figured i'd share.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Mon May 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Bugman114 wrote:for as long as i've had my bug i've never been able to shut my hood all the way, as the glove box was missing, and i only had the the little end of the cable left. so its been under the hood, and i always just closed the hood on the first click. i finally messed up, and shut the hood all the way. according to thesamba the only way to get it open was to cut the handle off. screw that, so i was able to unbolt the hood thru the glovebox. the driver side wa a little more challenging, but just took a bunch of extensions, and was able to see the bolts thru the speedo grille. i was able to open the hood fromt he windshield about a foot, from there i had to find something long enough to push the thingy on the bottom of the latch (where the cable attaches too). i broke a metal broom handle. the only thing that worked and didn't flex, was a giant chisel we had. not sure whats its used for, but its like 1.5 inches in diameter, solid, bout 5 feet long, and weighs like 50 lbs. anyhoo, once i popped the thing on the latch sideways, it opened.

definately better then cutting the handle off. not sure if this is a common way to open the hood but i didn't see it on thesamba so i figured i'd share.

You should run the cable thing down and out of your front apron for next time that happens
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tmerritt Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 pm

finally got around to fixing the broken side clips on the bumper. she sags no more cheers
tmerritt
tmerritt
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Mon May 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Got my rear tires mounted, starter installed, hooked up a battery to see what electricals worked. As I should've guessed, nothing worked.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Tue May 15, 2012 8:03 am

Put a new fuel pump in Warbird and drove it to work.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Tue May 15, 2012 9:32 pm

I got my headlight switch changed out and figured out that I only have one light working and that's my lf headlight. Still have a lot to do before Friday. Anybody that has some time to spare can come on out and help. That would be appreciated greatly.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Changed my bowden tube, had a little clutch chatter, wow my clutch is smooth as buttah.
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Thu May 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Pulled the engine out of the Jolly Rancher to figure out what the noise was.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Geib Thu May 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Lowered the rear of my car with a lot of help from taylor
Geib
Geib
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2012-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Thu May 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Drove it - Vroom Vroom.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu May 17, 2012 4:30 pm

ASBug wrote:Drove it - Vroom Vroom.
KC

I let mine rest.....I actually didn't drive my VW today for the first time in a few years.... Very Happy
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri May 18, 2012 6:44 am

been doing a few little things on the bus in the evenings this past week.

-Finally got my passenger side mirror mounted
-Finished my wardrobe closet (well, for the most part, still may redo one of the doors)
-Got my spare 15" beetle rim sandblasted, painted, and tire installed. Fits in the spare tire well much better than the 14" spare I had, but is overall the same diameter, so it'll work well.
-Got my church key in the mail and mounted it, so I don't have to use my mini socket wrench to open the gas flap anymore
-Failed at getting my clutch chatter to go away. Installed a new clutch cable and the proper retaining pin (old cable was held in place with a cotter pin!). Added a couple of washer shims to the bowden tube to give it a little more bend. Stupid chatter is still there when shifting in 1st through 3rd gears. It did not do this with the old transmission, so I guess it's probably related to the slightly misaligned front transmission mount. One of these days, I'll order another mount and see if that fixes it.
-checked valves and timing
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat May 19, 2012 10:23 pm

I finished preping a set of bus spindles today. Ground them so they could be flipped, sand blasted and painted them. Hope to get them pressed back together tomorrow! I will get some pics before I send them off.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by blupuick Sun May 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Got my gas tank bolted in thanks to Tim Baker providing the hold down tabs and also swapped the rear coilover shocks for new regular shocks. The old shocks were so bad they could collapse and not return. Car rides ten times better now.
blupuick
blupuick
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun May 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Started cleaning and removing parts from my '71 beam. Looked and planed out how to add the adjuster. Should be straight forward and It might be done before YUB.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Sun May 20, 2012 9:24 pm

drove Chelles car to Helen and back this weekend, little hiccup on the way up,but that's dubbin!!
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 Empty removed gas tank from 81 caddy

Post by bulldawgdude Sun May 20, 2012 9:44 pm

[img:3d39]http://forum.georgiadubs.com/What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 102_1119[/img]Removed dirty gas tank from caddy -------------LOTS O CRUD ................. taking it tomorrow to Bens radiator shop in Macon ----to be cleaned and sealed .......................................maybe this will FIX my fuel problems.

Last edited by bulldawgdude on Sun May 20, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
bulldawgdude
bulldawgdude
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldawgdude Sun May 20, 2012 9:45 pm

[img:f2f6]http://forum.georgiadubs.com/What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 102_1122[/img]
bulldawgdude
bulldawgdude
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldawgdude Sun May 20, 2012 9:46 pm

[img:babf]http://forum.georgiadubs.com/What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 102_1121[/img]
bulldawgdude
bulldawgdude
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 Empty Bamboo brake cover for 66 beetle

Post by bulldawgdude Sun May 20, 2012 10:17 pm

[img:f986]http://forum.georgiadubs.com/What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 102_1132[/img]Put some bamboo on bake cover,,,,,,,,,
bulldawgdude
bulldawgdude
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldawgdude Sun May 20, 2012 10:18 pm

[img:ff9f]http://forum.georgiadubs.com/What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 102_1131[/img]BEFORE pic
bulldawgdude
bulldawgdude
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 67vdub Sun May 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Got the tools out.....Got a phone call from my wife we left a bag at her grandparents house in Jefferson put down the tools and off I go....The sad part is I live in dallas!
67vdub
67vdub
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 689
Registration date : 2010-03-25

http://<style>.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Mon May 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Got a new 1600 DP for the bus.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next