Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Met yet another PO today...

2 posters

Go down

Met yet another PO today... Empty Met yet another PO today...

Post by vwgirl Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:56 pm

So I bought my 71 fasty from Jerome... who got it from Tim's... Jerome said some guy named Major owned it before... haven't met him yet... Met some guy at Bugapaluza last year that said he owned it around 1992... and said it was black when he owned it (how did he know it was his car if it is yellow?)... anyways... he didn't know who major was... guy today said he is the one that painted it yellow, it was a $700 Maaco job... he'd only paid $500 for it and got it from Decatur. Said he'd heard it had gone to FL and then came back... I took it to FL, does that count? Found out that he is the one that put the white interior in it... and it at least had dual carbs back then. He wasn't sure when he had it, but the starter button was already installed when he got it. Even back then it had issues starting I guess.

He was driving a primer/black standard beetle and said he'd just found this site... so perhaps we will see him around! My car turns 40 next year... wonder where else it has been?

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Met yet another PO today... Empty Re: Met yet another PO today...

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:36 am

I keep seing a primer black late model around Austell/Powder Springs- just the other day he had a luggage rack now. Same guy? (Haven't gotten a good look at the owner when driving)
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:43 am

Its grey and black. I only saw it from a distance... the Hood was both colors, like the indented part was one and the outer another if you know what I mean. I work in austell, so that's where he found me

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down