Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+79
ggaagg57
LungTube
59suicide
720boy
vdubbers
SavannahVW
Do Work 93YJ
Beetle Bailey
macollins105
tronview
Laz
Johnny
shaky
blupuick
Clyde
39coupe
Major62
dirtyd73
56rag
panic_fan
vwkultur
bulldawgdude
ping349n
rican11
65type2dailydriver
Brooks424
Geib
57RTOval
laith
tmerritt
primer00
type901
fifty9singlecab
67vdub
Cave Man
jerryg66
Raggtop
rpm750
casey.adams
loves trim
vwtattooed
aircooledaddicts
86vwgti8v
johnvalkennedy
68buggirrl
68beetlebug
adams77
meinvw
stasher1
ASBug
buggin70
callahan
Wildo
drewBAKER
Muffler Bearing
pwmcguire
PeeWeeMan91
camch
DiggerD
jamrens
zabo
Hobug
frehstan
fried_chicken
sploval53
LB Bedwell
BKiller
bumblebuggy
Knumb Knucks
hly3rd
vwovalchild
Damn-it Don
bakertim2
DOODLE BUGG
Bugman114
Grifspop
fluxcap
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
peregrine67
83 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by fluxcap Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:02 pm

DiggerD wrote:
fluxcap wrote:About 5 days ago, I tried contacting a seller on thesamba for some fresh air deflectors http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=741446, but I guess he doesn't really want the money, cause he never got back in touch with me??? Mad Anyways, decided to go to home depot and bought a 12"x18" piece of sheetmetal and went to town making my own. Here is the trial fit. Gonna trim it down a little more and round of the edges like the one in the ad, and then paint it to match the fresh air box. Took it for a test spin and it's an amazing difference. Actually had to move the main front flap lever to the first notch, and then put the front/rear selector to about 10% front and 90% rear to get it where it wasn't blowing what's left of my hair away. Total cost was $4 and the sheet of metal is probably big enough to make two sets.

That's funny that you posted this, I had a set I got from Chad about a year ago and finally got around to installing them the other night. Those adjustable ones are awesome tho!!

Got my ghetto homemade version of the adjustable one finished up a few days ago. Well, I guess it isn't finished, cause I still plan to paint it to match the fresh air box, but it's been test fit and works well!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 CIMG2128
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by rpm750 Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Worked on Moto this past week. Was going to the beach but I stayed home and worked on the Bus. I have a cool wife, I'm sure she enjoyed a few days away from the crazy!

Anyways still got a shit load of stuff to do but some how some way it will get done. No pics to busy to snap any!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Got t boned in the vert yesterday about 5 my friend will "geib " in the pass seat. Were both pretty much ok. Wish I could say it about the vert What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 2012-048
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 56rag Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Man that sucks! That was a sharp looking vert. Whats the plans for it?
56rag
56rag
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Hopefully fix it. She is my baby.
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:11 am

sploval53 wrote:Hopefully fix it. She is my baby.
X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Ouch!!! So glad you guys are okay.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Major62 Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Ouch must have been a bad match up !! Hate that
Major62
Major62
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:51 pm

sploval53 wrote: Got t boned in the vert yesterday about 5 my friend will "geib " in the pass seat. Were both pretty much ok. Wish I could say it about the vert What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 2012-048

Oh shit!!! damn that sucks. that was such a nice car. hope you get it running again. i hope the other guys insurance will pay for it (assumin it was his fault and he had insurance, lol). good luck bro. Sad Sad Sad
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:05 pm

so saturday i'm just cruisin along, and all of a sudden i hear KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. snapped the crank in half. I knew the it was inevitable, tho, so no biggie. had a spare 40 horse lyin around (thanks Bryce!!!!), swapped a few parts over, had to mod the hell out of an adaptor plate to get a 34pict on it. started up great, no issues. only thing i couldn't figure out was it seems someone had put some brand new bosch platinum plugs, but they were only in hand tight. thought that was wierd, lol. also it had a stepped crank. the only way to get my 12V flywheel on was to stack a shit load of metal and paper crank gaskets i had to make up the extra space. it worked, but of course has like 1/8'' of play. so i'm not expecting the flywheel to hold up too long, lol. but it runs great now. gotta admit, that 40 horse is torquier the i thought it would be. i'm glad i bought a motorhome to tow the bug to BAP tho. that 40 horse would have just pissed me off the whole way up there, assuming the flywheel would have even stayed attached Laughing .
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:25 pm

If all.goes well orange peel will be back on the rd better and bader than ever
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:42 pm

my generator light was acting up - red light getting brighter with higher revs. I went to take a look and saw a ton of sparks flying out of it. Shocked
Not sure what was going on brushes still looked good but it was a bit hard to spin so maybe bearings?

Anyway found a deal on ebay old stock rebuilt 6v gr11x & bosch regulator for 125.
Shipped from miami and got here the next day. Very Happy

just finished getting it back in, working great.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:04 pm

zabo wrote:my generator light was acting up - red light getting brighter with higher revs. I went to take a look and saw a ton of sparks flying out of it. Shocked
Not sure what was going on brushes still looked good but it was a bit hard to spin so maybe bearings?

Anyway found a deal on ebay old stock rebuilt 6v gr11x & bosch regulator for 125.
Shipped from miami and got here the next day. Very Happy

just finished getting it back in, working great.

Cool
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Note to self: Next time you have your 14 year-old daughter install a sending unit gasket be sure to double check that she screwed it down tightly before you top off the gas tank.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Cleaned a few more pounds of grease and grime from the bus while I removing the center pin from the beam. Got the old pin and bushings out. Tomorrow I'll get the new bushings in, ream them, and install the new pin. It needed to be replaced, but after being under there and taking a good look, I'm not sure it'll help my sloppy steering. Really need to get a new drag link. One of the ends on the current drag link has a TON of slop in it. Doubt anybody local has one, but I'll call around in the morning and see if I can get lucky.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:21 am

fluxcap wrote:Cleaned a few more pounds of grease and grime from the bus while I removing the center pin from the beam. Got the old pin and bushings out. Tomorrow I'll get the new bushings in, ream them, and install the new pin. It needed to be replaced, but after being under there and taking a good look, I'm not sure it'll help my sloppy steering. Really need to get a new drag link. One of the ends on the current drag link has a TON of slop in it. Doubt anybody local has one, but I'll call around in the morning and see if I can get lucky.

Jack Denton, (jacks68ghia) had a new one for sale a while back. You might send him a pm and see if he still has it.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:39 am

fluxcap wrote:Cleaned a few more pounds of grease and grime from the bus while I removing the center pin from the beam. Got the old pin and bushings out. Tomorrow I'll get the new bushings in, ream them, and install the new pin. It needed to be replaced, but after being under there and taking a good look, I'm not sure it'll help my sloppy steering. Really need to get a new drag link. One of the ends on the current drag link has a TON of slop in it. Doubt anybody local has one, but I'll call around in the morning and see if I can get lucky.

I think I have a few, will look and see if interested. Maybe could find a shuttle to get it to ya
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Jerome. I actually searched the Samba classifieds this morning and saw that Jack had one listed that he had bought for his splitty that he sold. He's meeting up with me tomorrow morning so I can get it from him. Thanks though!

Got my front bumper stripped and primed. Just did a quickie job on it so it's still got a bumps and lumps here and there, but once it's all one color, it'll look tons better than the rusty covered beast it was before.

Got the new bushings in for the center pin and reamed them to spec. Thanks Bryce and Glenn for the use of the tools for this job. They both worked great!
Not gonna put the pin in until I get the new drag link installed. So that'll have to wait until tomorrow morning. My dual circuit master cylinder kit got here a couple of days ago, so I'm about to get started swapping it out.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Drove my Bay today. So cool.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:33 pm

Awesome Bob.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:35 am

Drove Kermit to work today.
Painted part of the body white on Kermie this weekend.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:55 am

Bob. Pics or it didn't happen lol
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Well my wife found out what was causing the rattle sound I was having at higher revs.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 26 Photo-4
she found a crushed tranny mount in the driveway.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:50 pm

rpm750 wrote:Drove my Bay today. So cool.
very nice
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:00 pm

peregrine67 wrote:Well my wife found out what was causing the rattle sound I was having at higher revs.
she found a crushed tranny mount in the driveway.
urethane No
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next