Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 69panel Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Went to Sleepy Hollow and picked up my starter. The waterbug cranks first time every time with a new solenoid. bounce
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by DiggerD Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:33 pm

69panel wrote:Went to Sleepy Hollow and picked up my starter. The waterbug cranks first time every time with a new solenoid. bounce

Hope that is the end of your electrical woes!! It sure is a good feeling when you finally get all the gremlins out!! cheers
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:44 am

DiggerD wrote:Hope that is the end of your electrical woes!! It sure is a good feeling when you finally get all the gremlins out!! cheers

I heard that! It was embarrassing and a pain in the butt not knowing whether it was going to start or not. I can put up with many things not working right but not being reliable isn't tolerable. Very Happy
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:16 pm

59suicide wrote:
......I used Valvoline 20w50 racing oil .....

Same oil i use. I used to use castrol synthetic, until i read somewhere that synthetic oil in vw engines and transmissions was bad. so a little reasearch, and found that zinc=good, lol. Laughing

And the best part, is we sell it where i work (advance auto), and i get 20% off Twisted Evil.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:25 pm

Bugman114 wrote:
59suicide wrote:

Same oil i use. I used to use castrol synthetic, until i read somewhere that synthetic oil in vw engines and transmissions was bad. so a little reasearch, and found that zinc=good, lol. Laughing

And the best part, is we sell it where i work (advance auto), and i get 20% off Twisted Evil.

thats why i use it zinc its been recommended to me by multiple great vw mechs. I get my 10% at autozone.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:35 pm

took off the 28 pict to send off to get rebushed/rebuilt. took off the leaking coil.
Suspect
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:46 pm

started hooking up a flame thrower to my turbo bug. I'm doing it the safe way tho. spark plug in the exhaust, hooked up to a second coil, with a button inside the car. got the plug installed today, and hopefully get the coil and everything wired up tomorrow Twisted Evil
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Bugman114 wrote:started hooking up a flame thrower to my turbo bug. I'm doing it the safe way tho. spark plug in the exhaust, hooked up to a second coil, with a button inside the car. got the plug installed today, and hopefully get the coil and everything wired up tomorrow Twisted Evil
sounds like fun i used to have a bay with one and lets just say people didnt ride my bumper
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:38 pm

EXACTLY. i want to hit that button, and hopefully the @ss hole riding my tail will back off (or crash Twisted Evil)...... "why no officer, i don't know what happened. i guess it backfired, and he got scared". lol, JUST KIDDING........ but no seriously, i hope they will atleast back off lol!
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:48 pm

59suicide wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:
59suicide wrote:

thats why i use it zinc its been recommended to me by multiple great vw mechs. I get my 10% at autozone.
I sat through one of Charles Navarro's classes and here is the short lesson. He is an oil guru.
http://www.lnengineering.com/oil.html
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:13 am

Well I celebrated too soon. There is still something wrong with the electrical system. I will find the problem because it's made me angry now.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:30 am

Finally fixed my wipers yesterday.

Left the house for work this morning, all was good. Got about a mile from the house and the car starts pulling to the right real hard. Another flat, no jack. Was able to get to the gas station and put air in the tire, it seemed to hold fine so I moved the valve stem a little and woosh. Found the problem, but now it won't stop. Had to wedge a piece of road trash between the valve stem and the wheel to keep the air in long enough to get back home. Looks like i'll be throwing my smoothies back on until I get the cash to visit stockornaught for some new tires.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:57 am

Hey Eric,
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=794176
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 2664744
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:46 am

Started shaping the rubber inserts for the Deluxe bumper trim. Had to cut them to length and shape the ends by sanding:
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Bumpertrim1[/URL][/img]

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Bumpertrim2[/URL][/img]

I ordered the rubber from Wolfsburg West and it is very close to the original.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:14 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:
59suicide wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:
59suicide wrote:

I sat through one of Charles Navarro's classes and here is the short lesson. He is an oil guru.
http://www.lnengineering.com/oil.html

long read but great and informative. thanks I did learn quite a bit from that. Cool
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:06 am

Broke the Clutch Cable on the way to work this morning. Crying or Very sad I hope IAS has one so I can install it before leaving work!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:58 am

rpm750 wrote:Broke the Clutch Cable on the way to work this morning. Crying or Very sad I hope IAS has one so I can install it before leaving work!

What about the cable we took out of my car before bug-a-paluza? Granted it has been cut a little Laughing. Let me know if IAS doesn't have one. I have a spare you can use.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:21 am

Actually, this was last Thursday........The picture says it all.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 BugatSteves

Still haven't gotten any news back on the prognosis, Mr. Loophole. Still got those parts?
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:27 am

Don Hall wrote:Actually, this was last Thursday........The picture says it all.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 BugatSteves

Still haven't gotten any news back on the prognosis, Mr. Loophole. Still got those parts?

Steve's hours are awesome Cool there were plenty of times when I was building my engine and went by there after 7pm for that part I forgot, I think I made 4 lists which were all the "last list" of parts I needed to finish Laughing
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:51 pm

I found the wire was intermittently shorting out between the alternator and the positive lug of the starter. So the alternator was charging but the charge wasn't making it to the battery. It was a 3 foot long 6 gauge wire. I went to a automotive stereo shop and they put one together for $5.00.
The battery is getting 14.4 volts now. The starter spins faster as well. Maybe (Crossing my fingers) it's over and the problem is finally behind me. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by skunk Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:40 pm

i took the engine out..havin to put a new pressure plate and clutch in. sux balz...and thinkin bout doin a tranny lift anybody have any plans or blue prints i cud go by to do this...im thinkin bout liftin the trans. bout 3 in.
skunk
skunk
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2008-12-29

http://www.mcnuggitsgoochhairs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Changed teh oil, adjusted the valves on the bus. Replaced valve cover gaskets on the buggy. alien
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:13 pm

pulled of the generator and shroud.- waiting for parts
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:15 am

skunk wrote:i took the engine out..havin to put a new pressure plate and clutch in. sux balz...and thinkin bout doin a tranny lift anybody have any plans or blue prints i cud go by to do this...im thinkin bout liftin the trans. bout 3 in.

Why? that seems like a lot of work. And info on that would be with the baja bug guys. they sell two main kits. one that raises the whole drive train up, so you would have to cut out a hole in the body, and have the shifter rod over the tunnel, instead of inside (over the tunnel kit). the other kit is called the 10 degree kit, where it angles the engine and tranny 10 degrees, so the shifter stays iside the tunnel, but raises the ass end up. I'm pretty sure those kits are for bus tranny conversions tho, not sure if they are for bug tranny's (been a while since i've reasearched that). but hell, i'd prolly throw a bus tranny in there, because if you ever plan to have more horsepower, atleast you'd be ready for it, Twisted Evil

Oh, and haven't really done anything to my VW's yet. All i've done is mount a second coil next to the existing coil, for the flame thrower, and routed a plug wire from it, to the spark plug in the exhaust. all i gotta do is run a button up front, and hope this shit works, lol. i'm running rich as hell, so it should, but we'll see.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 65type2dailydriver Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Drove it up to Cumming and dropped it off at Stockornaut to get some much needed love done to it.
65type2dailydriver
65type2dailydriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.gregoryalanclark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next