Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by BKiller Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:55 pm

meinvw wrote:
BKiller wrote:Drove the SP2 to work for the first time...

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 SP2Seats002

Very nice ride. One of my favorite VW's, one of these days will have one myself! The puma and sp2 are beautifull machines. Do you know when they quit production on them? I seem to remember one year they redesigned them and moved the headlights below the bumper and it would not meet lumens requirements so they quit production vs re-working them??

The SP2 was made from 72-76 with a total of 10,205 units. Design never changed but the low headlights were part of the reason it was never imported to the US. The first year they were made, they had a smaller motor and were called an SP1.
The PUMA and SP2 are of no relation. The SP2 was made by Volkswagen, the Puma was made by a another company using VW drivetrain.
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Found two 64 tags the other day both patinad and only number apart!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 S3010021
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:43 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Found two 64 tags the other day both patinad and only number apart!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 S3010021

I found two sets of 63 tags like that a few years ago, always thought it would be cool to have two same year cars with sequential numbered tags. Cool
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 Tagsf[/URL][/img]
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:57 am

Drove the bug to Little River to go fishing, no fish but caught a HUGE Turtle!! Came home and finished up the brakes on the westy, man what a PITA, its from Maine and the backing plates on the rear were rusted into place! But got everything on, bled them and can lock them up now, even have a working e-brake!! Got the engine sealed up and no leaks and drove it around for about an hour. Then washed it, man what a difference a bath makes, all shiney and clean now, almost brought a tear to my eye...
Pulled the v-dubsaround to the garage for a few pics, then waited until dark to get a night shot. Well as soon as it got dark and I went out for the piccs it started pouring rain, so washed some of the drivers seats off getting them back to their spaces.....
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:09 am

Added a CAI to the water bug and pulled the driver's side seat and insulated the floor. I also new raised seat brackets after cutting and grinding off the old ones I had fabricated. The reason? The seat was sitting too low.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:11 pm

Had 1/2 a day off today. So, I decided to change the oil, new bosch plugs and wires, and I performed my first valve adjustment!
cheers
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Washed it after cleaning the garage a little and getting the 39 and mustang out of the garage took some pics of them.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 DSC03187
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 DSC03189
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 DSC03190
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:29 pm

On my waterbug.

My alternator was charging intermittently. I pulled it and took it to Auto Zone and it tested good. I stalled the car yesterday afternoon right after leaving Stockornaut. I finally roll started it and started monitoring the voltmeter all the way home and it was fluctuating wildly from 10 to 14 volts.

I pulled it again and took it to Sleepy Hollow Auto Electric. 770-887-2649 They are right off of GA 20 on Franklin Gold Mine Rd. He tested it and immediately said the internal voltage regulator was on then, off, then on, basically shot. He repaired it on the spot for $25.00. Great reasonable service.

The cheapest re-man alternator I found online was $139.00 exchange.

So if you need your generator, alternator or starter fixed these are the people I'd recommend.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Stripped the bumpers and started sanding them to get them ready for re-paint.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 Bumperrefurb1[/URL][/img]

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 Bumperrefurb2[/URL][/img]

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 Bumperrefurb3[/URL][/img]
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:06 am

39coupe wrote:Washed it after cleaning the garage a little and getting the 39 and mustang out of the garage took some pics of them.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 DSC03189
Nice collection there! Funny how the beetle is considered such a small car and it holds its head higher than the mustang!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:27 pm

I welded up the antenna hole on the waterbug and straightened two dents in the left front fender. I filled, primed and sanded. Shot it the same flat black. I'm beginning to see the virtue of flat black it's so forgiving.

I also flat blacked the top of the wing as it reflected sunlight irritatingly into my eyes when I looked in the rear view mirror.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:40 pm

69panel wrote:I welded up the antenna hole on the waterbug and straightened two dents in the left front fender. I filled, primed and sanded. Shot it the same flat black. I'm beginning to see the virtue of flat black it's so forgiving.

I also flat blacked the top of the wing as it reflected sunlight irritatingly into my eyes when I looked in the rear view mirror.
do you have any pics of this thing i havent seen any in a while maybe i missed them Embarassed
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:53 pm

Adjusted the clutch cable and rear brakes!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Spent a good chunk of money on the 64. New wheels and tires....

Also figured out why the hood wasn't latching. The threaded washer that keeps the main shaft of the latch from moving is mia.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Played around with the engine tins on the 1200 with 1300DP heads again today. Doesn't look good. These 1600DP cylinder tins are not working with the 1200 fan shroud. It's really strange. I knew the cylinder tins would be a little long as the 1200/1300 is at least 1/2 to an 1 inch narrower than the 1600, at leaset between the exhaust ports on the ends. So I trimed down the cylinder tins so that they screen onto the heads correctly and fit correctly around the exhaust ports, but when they are screewed down the fan shroud is 1/4 inch or so too long, it wont fit down inside the cylinder tins. Any suggestions?

Update: - I checked and the fan shroud is 22inch from the inside of the left cylinder tin to the inside of the right is 21.5 inches.

Oh yeah as I'm sitting here typing this I'm watching past time on speed and they just had a VW Rail run a 1/4 mile in 11.01. A 69 camaro ran after it and ran an 11.48

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 DSC03198
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 DSC03197
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:50 pm

I just measured a 1600 shroud I had laying around and it is 22" outside to outside, I don't think the 1200 shroud is the problem, looks like they are the same width.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:21 am

Hey 39, you should be able to peen that to work. Had to do the same on mine. Tried putting a porsch style shroud on mine and it would not fit, drove me nuts for about an hour measuring and cussing to finally figure out the oil cooler was hitting and kicking it to the side!

Here is where I spent yesterday, under here, replacing the brakes. OMG what a pita. Looking for parts today to finish it so will be under it half a day today. Its from Canada so everything is rusted on. All new from the rears forward including the steels/rubbers/proportioning valve. Took me all day to just do the rears. The fronts are half done, just need the rubber lines and the short piece between the caliper and rubber line. Anyone know where to get them? Can get the rubber lines, but the metal from the caliper is only about a 5-6" piece. Shortest I can find is 18". Might have to use a long one and coil it, then it would look like I was running a still under there!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 Gonbrakes002
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 9 Gonbrakes001
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:59 am

Oh yeah as I'm sitting here typing this I'm watching past time on speed and they just had a VW Rail run a 1/4 mile in 11.01. A 69 camaro ran after it and ran an 11.48

I think that was Mike Gagnier. He was the 06 SEVWA Super Pro Champ.

Joe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://ATVW.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:36 am

fearthefat138 wrote:

do you have any pics of this thing i havent seen any in a while maybe i missed them Embarassed

I sent you a link to the pictures.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:39 am

I joined in on the cruise to Mestisos last night and I was still having cranking problems. I thought again it was the battery or the alternator. I believe it's the starter now. I got home and turned on the lights and the A/C wide open at an idle checked the charge and had 14.4 volts at idle.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Did some buffing on the 64 (didn't finish) The hood and roof have taken the most sun abuse and it has dulled the paint some.

Painted the face of the drums black because they looked like crap. They had white and off white all over them and I am running without hubcaps right now.

Adjusted the door catch so you don't have to slam the door to get it to latch.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:53 pm

I pulled my starter on the waterbug and took it to Sleepy Hollow Auto Electric and they said the solenoid was bad. They didn't have one in stock so late tomorrow it will be ready. I'm really tired of chasing electrical gremlins. scratch Hopefully this will be the last of them.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:28 am

Rewired the stereo in the SP2. What the hell was Grandpa thinking when he installed that thing?
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:29 pm

well i got really bored so i wired the 67 bus bleed the brakes swapped the transmission and put in a engine now its a driver so... pretty good day i guess
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:54 pm

fearthefat138 wrote:well i got really bored so i wired the 67 bus bleed the brakes swapped the transmission and put in a engine now its a driver so... pretty good day i guess

Sweet... lets see some pics Smile

A few days worth of work, my surgery is healing up nice now so Ive been doing more and more each day, taking advantage of my sick days... two weeks worth Twisted Evil. Ok I changed out the bicycle bearings in the front for cone rollers and used green grease all around in all the zert finttings and all, made a nice difference on stability in corners and the steering loosend up and is more predictable now. I put new seals in both rear axles, the bearings were good back there, I thought the brake cylinders were leaking but it was gear oil so now I have some new spare cylinders. Changed the oil/water mixture in my transaxle put some synthetic blend 80/90 valvoline and replaced the drivers side axle boot also put on some OE oil shocks, the old ones were on upside down when I first got it so I left 'em and they filled with water, they basically were there just for show.
Changed my oil and fixed the stripped stud hole where the oil plate goes with a 8/6mm stud drilled and tapped, no more stream of oil just drips from the valve covers< bolt ons should fix that right now there the chrome aftermarket bail clip ones. I used Valvoline 20w50 racing oil with the k/n hp-3003 oil filter.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next