Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+79
ggaagg57
LungTube
59suicide
720boy
vdubbers
SavannahVW
Do Work 93YJ
Beetle Bailey
macollins105
tronview
Laz
Johnny
shaky
blupuick
Clyde
39coupe
Major62
dirtyd73
56rag
panic_fan
vwkultur
bulldawgdude
ping349n
rican11
65type2dailydriver
Brooks424
Geib
57RTOval
laith
tmerritt
primer00
type901
fifty9singlecab
67vdub
Cave Man
jerryg66
Raggtop
rpm750
casey.adams
loves trim
vwtattooed
aircooledaddicts
86vwgti8v
johnvalkennedy
68buggirrl
68beetlebug
adams77
meinvw
stasher1
ASBug
buggin70
callahan
Wildo
drewBAKER
Muffler Bearing
pwmcguire
PeeWeeMan91
camch
DiggerD
jamrens
zabo
Hobug
frehstan
fried_chicken
sploval53
LB Bedwell
BKiller
bumblebuggy
Knumb Knucks
hly3rd
vwovalchild
Damn-it Don
bakertim2
DOODLE BUGG
Bugman114
Grifspop
fluxcap
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
peregrine67
83 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by DiggerD Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Changed oil, and did a valve adjustment for the run up to Cherokee on Friday. Also I may have fixed a pesky oil leak, but we will see....... Cool
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by ping349n Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Started putting Bella back together to make a trade for her. Got a sweet deal from a friend for an all og 63 anthracite grey with a running engine! All we have to do is do a pan swap to a 61 pan with adjustable front beam already installed, run the breaks and install the engine and I'll have my running VW in nearly 15 years! Very excited to say the least!
ping349n
ping349n
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:15 pm

I polished my knob

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 Rad_kn11
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:34 pm

I need the inner knobs if you ever find a set.
My Bendix is missing them. It isn't wired up so it isn't a big deal.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:34 am

A year ago today my 66 RHD got totaled by a tree during a Typhoon... Since then I have not found one on this Island anywhere for sale, Okinawa is horrible on cars, especially rust prone ones, that being said Aircooled VWs are RARE!!
I got my hands on a popular Japanese vehicle to keep my hands dirty while here, Toyota AE86, and ship it back to the good 'ol US of A next year, then I will sell it for a hefty profit and buy a BUS!! I will not go into detail about my yota because I know most of you would give 2 shite's about them, I know I dont Laughing

Just thought I would post on the anniversary date of the death of my '66... See y'all in a year!
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by hly3rd Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Made a set of wheel tubs for the 67 single cab and finishing up the seat frame. Bottom and top hinge and are quick disconnect.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 Brentscab1

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 Brentscab2
hly3rd
hly3rd
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.youngchoppers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:56 pm

put the carb i rebuilt back in - wouldn't start - 20 min later I realized the tank was empty Embarassed
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:00 am

cut the grass around them
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:30 am

zabo wrote:put the carb i rebuilt back in - wouldn't start - 20 min later I realized the tank was empty Embarassed

I've done that Embarassed
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:59 am

Got a new Roof Rack for the '70 Bus.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 12081510
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 12081511

Took the 2 youngest ones for a ride in the bus up and down the driveway 4 times. Driveway is 1/4 mile long, was able to get it into 3rd gear, too short for 4th...

Some more sanding and it'll be ready for paint.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tronview Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Started sanding on the chalk bus, Getting it ready for a new coat of chalkboard paint. Going green this time.
tronview
tronview
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Changed a leaking oil pressure sending unit out on Java and tested its fuel pressure to make sure it was good. Grease the beam up real good on O.B. much quieter now. Also cut out the rusted out/patched up battery tray in Jenny. Got the new tray fitted pretty good. I am just going to lap weld it in and seam seal it real good.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 Downsize23
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 Downsize2s
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Drug a couple VWs home and put the Jolly Rancher's wheels on Warbird. Needed the stock wheels to pull a couple more early cars home.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 418822_4043031567038_1846986023_n
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by shaky Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Glenn's VW bone yard....nice.
shaky
shaky
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Pulled the engine out the bus and took it over to Volkstock last night. Replaced the leaky main seal and ran it on the engine stand to do some tuning. Found and fixed a vacuum leak on the left carb and fabbed up a new metal crossover tube as the rubber one was getting sucked closed at WOT. Today swapped the fuel tank with a new one and gonna re-install the engine this afternoon. cheers
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by stasher1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Walked past it again and thought about boxing it all up and putting it on Craigslist. Haven't touched it in quite a while now, and thinking it might need to go to someone with more time and money to put it all back together.
stasher1
stasher1
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:24 pm

What u thinking about selling
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by stasher1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

73 Super with roughly 75K miles. I bought it from the original owner, a little old lady who couldn't drive a stick anymore due to a bad hip. No lie. I have the original title and application for insurance from '73. It had the dealer tag ring on it when I got it, but I think I traded it to DiggerD.

The seats had been recovered by the PO's mechanic right before I bought it, and I have ~$2400 in brand new parts (with receipts) sitting in the garage, rebuilt popouts with new seals and hardware, german wheel cylinders/master cylinder, complete interior (including premium carpet kit and the matching 5-piece kit for behind the seat), headliner, visors, factory armrests, door panels, window cranks, vapor barriers, replacement side panels (inner and outer) for both front seats, complete german polished alu. trim kit, new OEM outer door seals, OEM hood seal (original style, not mexi), Scat shifter, billet running boards (satin black with wide polished lip), etc.

This was supposed to be a weekend "family" car, so I bought parts that I thought would last a while. It needs a windshield (I broke the original one taking it out), battery (it's been on the shelf for 6 yrs now), a driver's seat installed, and fenders/lights to be put back on and it could probably be driven home. I haven't started it in a while, but I drove it home from Decatur when I bought it and it had no problem doing 70 mph most of the way here. It didn't want to stop, but pedal was firm so it's probably just rust/crap in the drums from sitting.
stasher1
stasher1
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Email me some pics and a price. Taterquick13@gmail.com
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:15 am

DiggerD wrote:Pulled the engine out the bus and took it over to Volkstock last night. Replaced the leaky main seal and ran it on the engine stand to do some tuning. Found and fixed a vacuum leak on the left carb and fabbed up a new metal crossover tube as the rubber one was getting sucked closed at WOT. Today swapped the fuel tank with a new one and gonna re-install the engine this afternoon. cheers

It was hard work,but somebody had to do it. Very Happy

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 Volkstock6092
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:15 pm

lowered it some more
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:02 pm

callahan wrote:lowered it some more

how many mm? scratch
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LungTube Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Took apart the Weber 32/36 and cleaned it.

Last edited by LungTube on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
LungTube
LungTube
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by stasher1 Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:45 pm

sploval53 wrote:Email me some pics and a price. Taterquick13@gmail.com

I'll put some thought into it and see if I can come up with a reasonable price. I know I'm going to take a beating on it, but it's just a pile of parts at this point.
stasher1
stasher1
Dub Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Put a new drag link on Leon, put a dome light in O.B. and started working on the suitcase stereo for Dads car.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next