Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+79
ggaagg57
LungTube
59suicide
720boy
vdubbers
SavannahVW
Do Work 93YJ
Beetle Bailey
macollins105
tronview
Laz
Johnny
shaky
blupuick
Clyde
39coupe
Major62
dirtyd73
56rag
panic_fan
vwkultur
bulldawgdude
ping349n
rican11
65type2dailydriver
Brooks424
Geib
57RTOval
laith
tmerritt
primer00
type901
fifty9singlecab
67vdub
Cave Man
jerryg66
Raggtop
rpm750
casey.adams
loves trim
vwtattooed
aircooledaddicts
86vwgti8v
johnvalkennedy
68buggirrl
68beetlebug
adams77
meinvw
stasher1
ASBug
buggin70
callahan
Wildo
drewBAKER
Muffler Bearing
pwmcguire
PeeWeeMan91
camch
DiggerD
jamrens
zabo
Hobug
frehstan
fried_chicken
sploval53
LB Bedwell
BKiller
bumblebuggy
Knumb Knucks
hly3rd
vwovalchild
Damn-it Don
bakertim2
DOODLE BUGG
Bugman114
Grifspop
fluxcap
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
peregrine67
83 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 13 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by buggin70 Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:20 am

there is a ground from the gauge to the body? lol

i think i need a new sending unit anyways mine dosnt move like it should
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 13 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by peregrine67 Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:06 am

So a few weeks ago our heating an air guy came out to service the HVAC. Today I try to tune the carb and my wife comes out to the garage complaining about how much her head hurts. I go in the house and there is more exhaust in the house than in the garage. After a quick inspection I found that the HVAC guy had left the cover off when he changed the air filter. The heater was drawing air straight from the garage rather than through the return. Glad I caught it before I killed the whole family.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Bedwell Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:09 am

^^death by volkswagen....not good for the site?
LB Bedwell
LB Bedwell
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:44 pm

fluxcap wrote:
DiggerD wrote:
fluxcap wrote:Put the door guts in all the doors of the bus. The all shut, latch and lock as they should! Also checked all the door handles, and the front and cargo door codes are all the same, so now I just need to get a key cut.

Gabriel Garcia did all mine. Here is his Samba ad if you want to give him a try:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=95923
Yeah, that's who I'll get it from. He found me a locking T-handle and did a couple of keys for my bug a while back.

Well, I actually didn't go with Gabe this time. Found another person on the samba that had an ignition switch and would key it to match my door handles and cut me two keys. I could have re-keyed the ignition switch myself, but I can't cut keys. Got them in the mail today and everything looks great. Ended up using this guy. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1169945

He was very responsive to e-mails and worked me out a deal I thought was pretty good.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Washed Geek and finally finished my roof rack hold downs. No more ratchet strap.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Drove Warbird home. Had a nagging feeling that I was forgetting something. About 1/2 way I remembered my vice grips were still clamped to the clutch cable. Stopped and found them right were I left them.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by casey.adams Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Fixed my air leak in my front air shocks.
Front beam bolt broke while I was parking, got it all back together, glad it broke while going 2mph not 60.
casey.adams
casey.adams
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWeeMan91 Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:34 am

bumblebuggy wrote:Drove Warbird home. Had a nagging feeling that I was forgetting something. About 1/2 way I remembered my vice grips were still clamped to the clutch cable. Stopped and found them right were I left them.

Sorry i havent been on the site in a while i might have had an assyembly laying around, where in PTC were you?
PeeWeeMan91
PeeWeeMan91
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:48 am

PeeWeeMan91 wrote:Sorry i havent been on the site in a while i might have had an assyembly laying around, where in PTC were you?

At a buddies house off of Peachtree Parkway.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Scored these today!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 13 Img0784gh
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:44 pm

i tried to work out my gas gauge problem and i found out that if i push up the terminal on the right (wire goes to sending unit) it goes all the way up when i let go it goes down

i have a new agitator and when i got the car the tank and sending unit was new. so should i try a new gauge?
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Just pull the wire off the sending unit and find a clean ground while someone watches the gauge. If you ground it and the gas guage goes to full, the gauge is likely OK. If the gauge is OK, the sender/float may be bad/stuck.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Scored these today!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 13 Img0784gh
Byrce?? You know im looking for these. You buy them to sell to me?
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:02 pm

they are delswifts, not the ones you are looking for....I have been looking for these for a while....had to dip into the bus parts fund for them
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:04 pm

I know there not the exact ones i have the bases for. I might have to go with those if I cant find the ones for mine. Keep your eyes out for me. You seem to spot those things better than I
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Last few weeks car has been missing and stuttering. It wasn't constant and would just happen randomly. Then on the Providence cruise the other week, it got a lot more frequent. Well today we drove to mcdonough and the car did great on the interstate. We took the exit and went to meet Phillip and see his cool 66 deluxe bus, and from the exit ramp to his subdivision the car just ran like complete crap. We chatted for a bit and then decided to limp the car to Kelly's mom's house about 12 minutes away. Car started running even worse. Points looked great, so I thought about swapping the condensor, but decided to just pull the 009 altogether and put in the spare 034 I keep under the back seat. Took it for a 14 mile roundtrip to Summit and back and it ran like a top. Hopefully it'll do good tongiht on the trip to AMS for the lights. If so, I guess it's time to do a tune up on the 009.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Pertronix.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Haha, I already fried one of those, though the engine for the bus has one!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:13 pm

fluxcap wrote:Haha, I already fried one of those, though the engine for the bus has one!

I ran the same unit for almost 10 years till I tried to static time it. They're great IMO. Just keep the points and condenser as a backup.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:29 pm

Yeah, I just left the key on too long accidently once. It was great until i did that, just didn't feel like paying for another one.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Got this awesome camshaft lamp this evening as a present!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 13 Downsize3z
Thanks again Sonia and Michael!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Got this awesome camshaft lamp this evening as a present!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 13 Downsize3z
Thanks again Sonia and Michael!
that's flippin cool!!
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:22 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:
fluxcap wrote:Haha, I already fried one of those, though the engine for the bus has one!

I ran the same unit for almost 10 years till I tried to static time it. They're great IMO. Just keep the points and condenser as a backup.
i agree with Glen, they are great if you match the coils resistance...and don't leave the key on Embarassed
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryg66 Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Cleaned my motor up and put new rings in. Replaced all the seals too.
jerryg66
jerryg66
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:41 pm

so today i noticed my tail lights went out. spent 2 hours tracing wires, and found two wire ends broken off at those plastic connector block things. and another wire popped off the fuse box. got that fixed, and then installed a trailer conector that has both 4 and 7 pin outlets. got itm and the converter spliced in, so now i can tow legally, lol. i bought a pop up trailer a few months back, and gutted it because it was too messed up. Installed new tailights, and wiring. the existing wiring was held together with duct-tape, and just twisted together in random places, lol. just gotta figure out how to tag it, and slap some new tires on it and i'm good to go.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next