Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+79
ggaagg57
LungTube
59suicide
720boy
vdubbers
SavannahVW
Do Work 93YJ
Beetle Bailey
macollins105
tronview
Laz
Johnny
shaky
blupuick
Clyde
39coupe
Major62
dirtyd73
56rag
panic_fan
vwkultur
bulldawgdude
ping349n
rican11
65type2dailydriver
Brooks424
Geib
57RTOval
laith
tmerritt
primer00
type901
fifty9singlecab
67vdub
Cave Man
jerryg66
Raggtop
rpm750
casey.adams
loves trim
vwtattooed
aircooledaddicts
86vwgti8v
johnvalkennedy
68buggirrl
68beetlebug
adams77
meinvw
stasher1
ASBug
buggin70
callahan
Wildo
drewBAKER
Muffler Bearing
pwmcguire
PeeWeeMan91
camch
DiggerD
jamrens
zabo
Hobug
frehstan
fried_chicken
sploval53
LB Bedwell
BKiller
bumblebuggy
Knumb Knucks
hly3rd
vwovalchild
Damn-it Don
bakertim2
DOODLE BUGG
Bugman114
Grifspop
fluxcap
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
peregrine67
83 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Grifspop Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:24 am

peregrine67 wrote:Replaced pop-out rubber on one side. Then I replace the master cylinder and drove Judy up to the stop sign and back. I must not have all the air bled out or the brakes just aren't quite adjusted. It locked up one rear wheel and didn't feel like the rest were helping at all.
I think I have my clutch cable too tight too. I just barely made it up my driveway.

Did you start at the furthest wheel from the master cylinder and work back to the closest?
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by peregrine67 Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:06 am

Grifspop wrote:Did you start at the furthest wheel from the master cylinder and work back to the closest?
Yup. The right rear was the only one that was stopping. I'll tinker with it again tonight.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:33 am

Oh wow- first post of the day! sunny
While I was painting in the shop at 3am, I polished and painted my vintage dealership frame- Can't wait to see it in the daylight!
G'night! Sleep
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:42 am

Finshed replacing the rubber on my pop-outs and reinstalled them.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:19 pm

brought home a new project. its a 1973 Apache Mesa pop up camper. tows quite well, cept the tires rub if i accelerate too hard, lol. gonna have to either get new tires, or roll the fenders. needs a little work, but nothing major. been sitting for 17 years. hope to have it ready for BAP next year.

EDIT: BTW the camera dates are messed up.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 100_3227

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 100_3265

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 100_3264

had to install a hitch:
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 100_3266
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Did some maintenance to O.B. today. I changed the oil, adjusted the valves, checked the tranny fluid level, vacuumed it out, cleaned up the headlight wiring in the trunk, fixed the horn, and hooked up the heat just in case for this weekend. Just need to wash it and raise it up a little and it will be ready.

I also changed the oil in Java and re-installed the decklid.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:58 am

adjusted valves an carbs installed igniter in the dizzy on my bus to get it ready for circle yer wagens
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:47 am

Halfway in to work I had to pull over. Wicked knocking in the rear. Checked the driver's side rear wheel and 3 of the 5 lug nuts were loose. That's the third time that's happened and it's always the drivers rear. I've rotated the tires and even swapped brake drums. Go figure.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:54 am

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 Dumbbells-13935
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:00 am

yeah that's what I thought too. but why would I always leave them too loose on just that wheel?
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:20 am

so it sill hapens on that one wheel even tho you've swapped the drum? if thats the case did you try replacing the lug bolts themselves? maybe the tapered part that grips on the wheel is out of round due to them comming loose (prolly got pounded out a little). i'd change them all out on that wheel and see if that solves the problem.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:43 am

Added/ Built a new Accessory to a Accessory,A Fishing Pole Holder made of BambooWhat did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 8 B12798b9-orig
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Bugman114 wrote:so it sill hapens on that one wheel even tho you've swapped the drum? if thats the case did you try replacing the lug bolts themselves?
That's the only thing left. The lug bolts are the only thing common to the problem at this point.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Did some maintenance to O.B. today. I changed the oil, adjusted the valves, checked the tranny fluid level, vacuumed it out, cleaned up the headlight wiring in the trunk, fixed the horn, and hooked up the heat just in case for this weekend. Just need to wash it and raise it up a little and it will be ready.

I also changed the oil in Java and re-installed the decklid.
Dang you are turning out some Cool labor on it. Pre show preparations are mega fun,I have two other cars I'm doing stuff to tonight and tommorow. Can't sleep we are so excited about goin. Weather is gonna be perfect.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Knumb Knucks wrote:Added/ Built a new Accessory to a Accessory,A Fishing Pole Holder made of Bamboo
very cool!
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWeeMan91 Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:02 pm

new exhaust gaskets and no backfire anymore. but the other day I let a rather large man sit in the car to take a pic and now my steering squeaks any ideas why.
PeeWeeMan91
PeeWeeMan91
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:26 pm

are the tie rods hitting the body or gastank????
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWeeMan91 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Nope it sounds like around the steering box
PeeWeeMan91
PeeWeeMan91
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Put a new carb on the 72 westy and it fired right up, now a bit of wiring and bolting the interior in and if it does not sell might be White Trash 2!!!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Hoping he Knight comes home soon.......cleaned up her room, now it's just a clean, neat, empty garage Sad
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:38 am

well jolene died on the way home from cyw made it about an hour. then total power loss, limped her about 30 minutes to the next town. blowing oil out all over the place and sucking gas like a mofo. but still starts up and idles fine. had to leave her at a hotel in etowah. going back for her wednesday morning then i'll tear into her and see what happened
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:41 am

ah man that sucks bad!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:04 pm

did a little experimenting yesterday. i wanted to see how running a stock 34pict carb on my 2085cc motor would run. not to mention that the cold is a commin, and with no preheat, the weber 44 ice's up and runs like crap. so i put the ole stock 34 pict, back on with my preheat, and it ran pretty good. i was suprsed how well it ran. throttle response is instant, and theres a ton of low end power. top end didn't suffer too much, suprisingly. its a real blast to drive around town tho. it litterally pulls you back in your seat fronm idle to 3000ish rpm, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by camch Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:41 pm

got to dyno both of my engines today, 1 was a let down with a turbo,the other was great, gained 30hp just by changing jets, and thats rear wheel hp
camch
camch
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://yubuggin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:38 pm

tore jolene down today and looks looks like she's just got some glazed over juggs and some messed rings so gonna give them some love and get some new rings then put it all back together and she should be good to go
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next