Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Funny that Eric was working on tunes...I was as well. Built myself a box for a couple of 6x9s i got the other day. The main reason I did it was because I had a peice of plywood that I bought for the buggy which I was hauling in the bus for the last week. The wood dampened some of the engine noise comming from under the seat in back. I decided that I would eliminate engine noise all together with the radio cranked. :Rockit: Works pretty well.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 MiscVWpics004-1
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Bugman114 Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:17 pm

did some more grinding and sanding on my rear clip for my sand rail:
SHINY Cool !!!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 101_2005
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 101_2008

Those wer epics of the bottom, still got a little left on the top:
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 101_2010

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 101_2014

I wonder what this will sound like on the motor Twisted Evil :
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 101_2015
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:27 pm

I welded up the antenna hole in the '68 and put filler and primer over the weld after grinding the weld flush. I also DA sanded the drivers side rear quarter panel and acid etch primed the bare metal spots. I ordered a hidden antenna off of ebay. I chased some low spots on the hood lip seal area with filler and primer.

I looked at the used alternator and it needs cleaning as well as the fan itself and the tins that go with it. Maybe soon I'll jump on those pieces.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:24 am

Took the carb apart at the firestation and cleaned it out and blew it out between calls.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:12 am

I went to Billie's show in Commerce in the morning. I had a good time putting faces with the board names. I bought some parts from Ralph and Clyde. Pedal rubbers, brake return spring, gas pedal cover, fuel flap bumper, tag light body seal, engine main seal and an engine gasket kit. I installed the new pedal covers and the fuel flap bumper when I got home. Cool

I got a call and was invited to a cook out at Billie and Alex's new shop that started at seven-ish. We had grilled chicken, hot dogs and all the trimmings. I met a lot of nice people and well behaved children. Cool

Before we ate I spent my time making cardboard patterns for the rest of the engine cover for the waterbug. It was tedious and time consuming but really satisfying to my artsy-craftsman side. Monday I'll go pick up the .050 aluminum and take them to BJ's shop and get them cut out and broken.

I almost forgot that I picked up a used 36 hp shroud with the dog house modification from Clyde.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Installed new kick panels.
Relocated my front speakers.
I mounted them in/underneath the glove box.
And hid them on the inside of the box with some black board.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 P3082198
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 P3082202
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Built a workbench and clean the garage up a little to get it ready to bring my 39 coupe home this weekend.
The bench is 4ft long by 29 inch wide so that it will fit through the door to the back room of the garage, it's on casters so I can move it around were I need it.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 DSC02879
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 DSC02876
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 DSC02877

And my helper - for those of you that went to the Commerce show you met the other one.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 DSC02878
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:03 pm

Cleaned on my alternator but it doesn't look much better. I may wind up painting the housing with semi-flat or flat aluminum paint.

I welded up the extra holes in the 36 hp doghouse fan shroud I bought at the Commerce show. I pounded out some dents along the backside folded edge. Filled around the holes with Metal to metal filler. I will fill some more and prime and paint soon.

I bolted my case halves together and torqued the nuts. I checked the crank bore with telescoping bore gauges and it checks out fine. I had been told by the PO it had been line-bored. It has not. It appears the machine shop he paid for the line bore merely cleaned up the the bearing saddles and charged him for a line bore that is "IF" the PO was telling me the truth.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:55 am

rebuilt the carb, found tons of vac leaks and wrong parts, it ran like an angry bull after i threw it back on and took me a little while to get it tuned right, I had to do the 1.98 fix by revving it up and putting my hand over the top of the carb and that helped.. it problably had some dirt from the rebuild, changed the oil did the valves, got the other door popper installed, couldnt find my camera... oil leak has ceased to exsist Laughing runs better than ever now. my plans are to get some webber 44 idf's because i feel that would make Toby happy Twisted Evil
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:39 pm

VW's never actually have leaks. its just the car trying to tell you somethings wrong. once you fix the problem, the leak will stop. lol!
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:10 pm

or just marking his territory Laughing
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:34 am

worked on the jetta all sat, took the dash out 4 times, everytime i put it back to gether something was wrong, lol, still got fix the ac switch, today i did some cosmetic stuff, some interior painting, and aluminizing! Laughing

check it out... http://forum.georgiadubs.com/later-dubs-80-on-f25/my-new-jetta-t690.htm#7918
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:46 pm

lowered the caddy check it out in the build section Twisted Evil
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:44 pm

I replaced the points, adjusted the fan belt and reset the timing in Ashley's car. This was after driving around today and noticing that it was running a little warmer than usual. After turning the car off while making random stops of 10-30 minutes I noticed that the fuel filter would empty out. The car would crank right up but run out of gas before the filter would fill up. I think I got to re-route the gas line as I believe that it was getting hot and it was vaporizing the gas.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:04 pm

Spun the carb and made it a race car.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:50 pm

I took my sheet aluminum to BJ's and got it cut to my patterns. I brought the pieces home and cut the vent holes in the engine cover. I took all the pieces up to Stockornaut, Billie's place and put the engine cover on. It looks Pro-Mod. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:10 pm

I welded up the bumper slot and turn signal holes in the passenger front fender. I ground all of the rust and acid etched primered the bare spots.

I pressure washed the old front end after soaking it in purple stuff. It blew chunks of Sh*t every where. I swear the assembly lost ten pounds.

I'm thinking about painting the '68 the same color green as the '68 tag with white sides to match the lettering. Or white with green sides. Or another color...I can't make up my mind.

Fedex delivered my hidden antenna yesterday. I guess I'm nuts because I haven't bought a radio yet but I'll be ready when I do.

I went to Tractor Supply and picked up four 50 pound bags of 80 grit black diamond blasting sand to blast the new pan at Billie's Saturday. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by petervalle Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:40 pm

purchased a mig welder to start doing some body work and fabrication on my VW's

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 DSC03021
petervalle
petervalle
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:04 pm

Peter, you're gonna have a lot of fun with that. Not just with your VW's, but you'll soon be fixing up all kinds of stuff around the house. They come in handy for everything!

Today I stripped all the paint off the temporary replacement fender I bought at Reynolds. In it's life that fender had been cream, gold, red, green and blue. Took it all down to bare metal and only found one small area of filler. It's just going to be on the car temporarily while I finish my bullet fender, so I'm not worried about getting it straight, but it's in real good shape for a $10 og fender. I also washed the car today. First time I've ever washed it Shocked . I usually just dust it off every other month, but it got pretty dirty in Reynolds so I had to break out the water and soap.

Started making measurements for my lower door replacement. I think I'm going to go on and use the replacement piece I got from Cip1. I'm excited to start on this and hope to start cutting and welding next week.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Where did you get the welder??? and how much????
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:19 pm

Looks like Northern Tools and Equipment
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by petervalle Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Yes, Northern Tools and Equipment www.northerntool.com The welder is on sale for $249 + shipping (helmet not included). It is the same as a Lincoln, they even tell you that if you need any replacement parts, that you get them for a Lincoln. You can use it with or without gas. I used it this afternoon and it works awesome with CO2 cheers
petervalle
petervalle
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:39 am

I stripped the, brake-lines, half-shafts, brake assemblies and axles off of the the new/old IRS pan I bought. Moved it outside to sand blast it.

I also finished riveting the engine cover to the wing. Now it only lacks two Dzus fasteners toward the bottom to attach it to the rear fenders. It really changes the appearance of the water-bug. I'm trying to figure out how to put the engine air intake somewhere other than the engine compartment yet be out of the weather without being in the cabin. This so much fun being creative and since there is no precedent there are no rules.Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:13 am

69panel wrote:I also finished riveting the engine cover to the wing.

That thing is a wing??! I thought it was just for eating Taco Bell off..... Wink
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Empty subject,"What did you do to your volkswagen today"

Post by jim conner Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Reset the time on the 40 horse to 10 degrees,put new brake rubber lines on the super beetle,looking foward to thr Sonic Saturday. They call me SLIM JIM
jim conner
jim conner
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next