Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Bugman114 wrote:guess its time to upgrade. Embarassed
Don't upgrade, expand. I found a 100gal that was discarded because of a bad pump and added it as a parallel tank on my 60ga Black Max.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Sanded my finger tips off correcting the runs in Winifrid.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Fingers1
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:25 pm

finally got around to installing the rear interior panels:

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Backpanel[/URL][/img]

now the front and back match:

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Frontupholstery[/URL][/img]

D
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:59 pm

well it wasnt today, but I put my stereo system in on wendsday, Pioneer head unit, 2 10inch subs in a ported box, kicker 500wtt amp, powersonic cross over and thanks to garett a sony 222 watt amp to push the mids and highs.. (rockford fosgate, and some others i had in the shed..)
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:05 am

Got the trans back together and the axles done, both back in the bus. New cables all around and the brakes are 100%. Picking up a few parts this morning, hopefully have the adapter on the engine and have it in this weekend. goal is to have it off the stands by Monday and start buttoning up the interior and putting the glass in! Can almost smell the exhaust!!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Got the front beam and trans pulled from my other pan. Trying to get this thing cleaned up and coated with rust bullet before I put it in storage.
Trying to get my garage cleaned out so I have a place to put my 39 Chevy. Heading to Illinois to pick it up March 13th.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 DSC02850

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 DSC02852

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 DSC02855

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 DSC02856
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:00 pm

I got the wing installed tonight up at Billie's shop. Welded on the tabs for four Dzus fasteners to hold it on. Just four quarter turn screws and it comes off to access the motor. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself for less than $50.00 in materials. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:12 pm

Got any pics of the wing.
Been thinking of putting a 4 barrel on mine.

Joe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 219

http://ATVW.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Got a little more work done on Piper over the past couple days......

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Image003-1[/img][img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Image004-1[/img]
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:36 pm

well, i got mud all over my bug today, lol. Snow is very fun to drive in. my yard went from a nice snow covered wonderland, to being almost entirely covered in a muddy slush, lol
i shoulda taken "AFTER" pics, but here it was before the snow got heavy:
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_1985
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_1987
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Joe wrote:Got any pics of the wing.
Been thinking of putting a 4 barrel on mine.

No I don't but I think Alex does. If he doesn't I'll shoot some before long. The bug is at Billie's shop Stockornaut so you could drop by and see it.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:58 pm

also i was still workin on the rear end for my sand rail:

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_1988

Here's the side i haven't gotten to yet:
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_1989

And the side i was workin on (thats bare metal baby!!!):
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_1990

Spring plate too (well one side atleast, lol):
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_1991

Here's the rear floor pan support i cut off:
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_1993

And yes, i wore a mask so i don't go retarded or anything (i think i was confused in that pic, hahaha):
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_1999
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:36 am

I ordered a new front firewall today from Mid America...the water-bug firewall is rotten to the core.

Last night I helped Billie & Audie put some tools in his shop off of his trailer. Billie got a new model 252 Miller MiG unit. It's really trick with digital read outs and a consumables pocket tray and trick pull along handles that also serve as lead holders. It's so much cooler than my old Miller 250.
He'll be putting it to work soon on my defunct firewall. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Picked up my bearings from Gary last night, took them to the machine shop today so they could install and put my cam and dizy gears back on. Picked up the block, crank, rods, and case from the machine shop and will clean the case a little more and paint before I start re-assembly.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:21 pm

I met up with Tim (AKA Bakertim2) today at Billie's shop and bought his IRS pan. Thanks Tim.

The waterbug will receive this pan and a new front firewall in the near future to make it safe to drive. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fried_chicken Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Took off the rear control arms(IRS) and put in my swingaxle spring plates and tranny....... the autostick to manuel swap is going good(so far)..
fried_chicken
fried_chicken
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:22 pm

I gave my car a bad case of the runs! Attempted to paint my passenger front fender. This was actually my second attempt. I tried it first last week but the gun had about a 1/2 pound of old dried up crud in it. Job went fine for about 30 seconds, then chunks of crud just started coming out with my paint. I just kept going with it. It was already ruined, but I figured I could practice my technique. Spent a couple of nights taking both guns completely apart and cleaning every nook and cranny in them. Then today I tried again. Started spraying the headlight area, then the side, then the rear. As I was going it looked great, then as I stepped back over to the headlight area, I saw the runs! Laughing They are some big uns! I don't have much experience painting big panels (and it shows). Last week the gun was so cruddy I was probably only getting about 30% of the paint flow that I should have been getting. So today I just wasn't used to the gun working so well and I overloaded the fender with paint. Oh well, third time should be a charm and I'm learning what not to do Cool
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:51 pm

Turn the fluid knob down and lower the air pressure and adjust the fan pattern and fiddle with each until you see and even mist of paint coming out. You can easily see when it's right by looking with the light coming in toward you with the gun at a 90 degree angle from your face. Yea you'll lose a little paint but when it's dialed in it makes spraying much easier.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Well my front firewall arrived by FedX today for the waterbug along with my new Sunpro tach and gauges off of ebay.

I spent some more time on filling and priming around the deck lid mating surface. I also mounted my late model multi-vented deck lid. I tweaked it for about an hour until it fits up near perfect. I also installed quick pins instead of hinge pins so the deck lid will come off easily and will not lose it's adjustment when I need to pull it to adjust the carbs or tighten up the fan nut. (The fan nut came loose once since I got the car...hideous noise. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:02 pm

69panel wrote:Turn the fluid knob down and lower the air pressure and adjust the fan pattern and fiddle with each until you see and even mist of paint coming out.
Definitely need to work on those adjustments. Last week, when the flow was so restricted, I pretty much had to adjust everything to the extreme to get the paint just to come out. That should have been my first clue to just stop and clean the dang gun, but I'm a glutton for punishment, so I just kept going. Then after I cleaned it, I never really re-adjusted the settings. Big no-no.

69panel wrote:You can easily see when it's right by looking with the light coming in toward you with the gun at a 90 degree angle from your face. Yea you'll lose a little paint but when it's dialed in it makes spraying much easier.
I'll give this a try next week. Thanks!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:48 pm

Got my 40 horse header and single quite pack muffler today. After the comerce show on Saturday I plan to get the case cleaned a little better and painted. The machine shop baked the case, but I guess they couldn't go to hot with the aluminum or something cause it's not as clean as I had hoped.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:59 pm

put a 40 idf weber setup on the caddy now i have lots more power Cool
also put the cd player in
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 am

Welded up some sheet metal screw holes that the PO used to "secure" scratch Rolling Eyes the ragtop, only had time to do half of them, hopefully i'll get the rest of them done this weekend...
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:18 pm

There was more important stuff I should have been doing today, but the drive to Reynolds is long, and Kelly can't make this trip, so I'm riding solo. I love the sound of my engine, but for a long drive I need something else to listen to. So today I installed a cd player. I figured why not, so I took out the dremel and started cutting the dash.....Just kidding. I was not going to cut the dash, and I didn't really want to put it in the glove box either, since I use the glove box alot and like the room in there. I had an old "under dash" holder from way back when I had my 67, but didn't really want to mount under the dash again, but I figured I could put the holder to use somewhere else. I also had an old pioneer mp3/cd player and an Ipod interface that plugs into the IP input on the back of the stereo. I plan on using my Ipod through this 100% of the time, so I decided to mount it somewhere hidden. Not really for theft protection, but just to keep the inside looking like a vw. I decided to mount the cd player under the drivers seat. The cable for the Ipod runs up between the seats and you still change songs with the Ipod. Therefore the only control on the cd player ever used is the volume knob. It's mounted far enough up, so that I can just reach down and adjust the volume if needed.

Here's the mounting tray.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 CIMG4144

And here it is installed. Not a good picture, but it's a hard spot to photograph from the side
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 CIMG4146

I connected the wires for both front speakers together and ran them to a single speaker in the stock speaker location. So both left and right come out of that one speaker. I also made a small panel to hold some speakers in the rear and covered it with my gray lowes carpet.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 CIMG4143

The speakers were just cheapos I had laying around and the panel in back offers no real acoustical properties, so it pretty much sounds like crap, but it'll do just fine to give me company on solo drives!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:48 pm

nice!^ - i took out my transaxle - again Neutral
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next