Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by laith Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:12 pm

Towed my recently purchased rabbit to its new temporary home. One of these years I will keep that resolution to never again buy a car that doesn't run.
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by daltondragger73 Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:43 pm

after cleaning the heat risers this weekend and puttin it all back together, it sounds and runs alot better. I started to put the stereo system in Twisted Evil but I need some stuff b4 finishing it up gonna try to have it ready for bug-a-paluza, then I cleaned the inside out, loaded the rain gaurd up with beer caps, now its back on the road till the big show!! cheers
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Billie changed the oil and filter on the water bug and noticed an oil leak...looks like the rear seal or oil pan or both. While it was up in the air on Billie's new lift we noticed the floor pans and heater channels are rotten. Even the very front nose section of the pan is bad. The front is lowered by cutting and welding so it isn't adjustable. (Bogus) The control arms move too easily (Meaning the PO removed some leafs to soften the ride) That has got to go. While I already bought both left and right pan replacements I feel I might as well start looking for a better pan itself to install the new pans on.
The right rear quarter panel has been patched but it was a poor job. Most of the wiring is bogus. The cal look one piece windows do not track properly and no window wiper weather seals either inside or outside on the doors. One of the Empi 8 spoke wheels is questionable with a bad lip damage.

On the way back from the muffler shop the other day the right front headlight lens fell out along the way. Took a good look at both headlights and they were just barely hanging on.

Painted the tail light housing and the rear vent dealies black. Got rid of the tacky gold paint from the PO. At least something positive occurred today. Cool

One more positive I put some like new used KYB Gas Adjust shocks on the front.

Last edited by 69panel on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:58 pm

Yeah, I'm an idiot! Here is what was supposed to be in this post.

Drove to work today, checked my mileage and it is up to 29mpg. I never knew how important the valve adjustment was, it makes the engine run soooo smooth!

Last edited by rpm750 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:18 am; edited 2 times in total
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:36 pm

ummmm, wrong topic. your lookin fer "Sightings: Kinda like UFOs only for VWs instead" , lol
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by tronview Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:47 am

This Weekend I replaced my Saphire radio with a newly restored one in my 63 Beetle. I also built one good speedometer out of two bad ones. Last Thursday DiggerD came over and gave me a hand on my 72 Super Semi-Auto to Manual Project, torquing down the flywheel gland nut and putting the 6100 engine on the engine stand. Hopefully tonight I will have the time to start taking the engine apart. I do not plan on cracking the case.
tronview
tronview
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 465

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:07 am

tronview wrote:and putting the 6100 engine on the engine stand.
Hell Yeah! A 6100!
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:11 am

am i the only one who doesn't know what a 6100 is??? or was that just a typo for 1600?
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by tronview Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:26 am

What.. you never heard of a 6100, man you are missing out. Its what happens when a 1600 and dyslexic mix. everybody should have one. cyclops
tronview
tronview
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 465

Back to top Go down

Post by BUBBABEAR Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:38 pm

A 6100, HOUSTON WE HAVE LIFT OFF! cyclops
BUBBABEAR
BUBBABEAR
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:56 pm

And I can tell you that 6100 is a beotch to put on the engine stand!!! Shocked

D
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 am

Started the arduous task of run removal, wet sanding and compounding the bus. PO :Gun:

This was the before in my test area.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 DSC_9323

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 DSC_9324

This was the after in my test are.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 DSC_9325

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 DSC_9326

Here she is in the process. I'll have complete pics up soon.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 DSC_9327

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 DSC_9329
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:33 am

I started making cardboard patterns for a rear wing and engine cover similar to this one:

http://www.bigwigracecars.com/products/engine%20covers.htm

I have the wing patterns done. Now for the cover and sides.

I can't afford $650.00 plus freight. I have to have an engine cover or I can't drive in the rain. I know it's big and ugly but I can't figure another way to do it. Maybe if I paint it a matching color it wont be so ostentatious.

Maybe polish it and blind people. (Just a little joke) I've polished aluminum before on a pro gas camaro I used to have. It took a week of 8 hour days and after that it was constant maintenance to keep it looking good. I will not make that mistake again. Wenolds aluminum polish is not your friend...not my friend anyway.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:54 am

i want to see some pics of your buick Laughing
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:15 pm

I got the rear end cut off the frame i bought from bryce, now i'm here grinding on it trying to remove stuff i don't need off it, lol. I'll post some pics later.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:30 pm

Well lots of stuff. The mis started again and I had a leaky valve cover on #1 & 2. I went ahead and checked the lash. Guess what #1 intake was tight, again. I guess that valve is wearing the seat out? Valve stem stretch? After adjusting it it ran perfect, valve cover still leaks, went by IAS (Imported Auto Service) and picked up some German cork gaskets! Will install one tonight after engine cools off.

Found loose shock bolt on passenger rear, Adjusted rear brakes. Got Pedal!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LungTube Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:15 pm

i introduce to you the flapper

car not running
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 100_1273

car running
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 100_1274

so since the flapper does not weigh enough(lid for a can of veggies) i needed to add weight to it. with weight it now does this.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 28 Th_DSCN0254

this is really just a mock up to see if i could get it to work properly. now i have to weigh the flapper and try to duplacate it with a piece of flat stock. there will be a red reflector on the flapper part cause i notice that when driving at night people tend to not see my beestinger. even though i have a 20 or how ever many led tag light that i use to see to back up at night.
LungTube
LungTube
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:43 pm

fearthefat138 wrote:i want to see some pics of your buick Laughing

Here's a photoshow of my Buick.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/viewshow/Aj8II2KT
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:52 pm

69panel wrote:
fearthefat138 wrote:i want to see some pics of your buick Laughing

Here's a photoshow of my Buick.

http://photoshow.comcast.net/viewshow/Aj8II2KT
i always wanted a old buick looks great
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:46 pm

fearthefat138,

Give me $10,000.00 and you can have one of your very own.

I have more than that in it with more needed to finish it. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Finally got around to pulling the carpet out of my volksrod and found cancer inthe passenger side front floor. Also got to poking around at the area below the those late model vents behind the quarter glass and found some more cancer back there so I guess I'll be doing the truck style on the back end now I was wanting to try and save the back seat area.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:59 pm

I bought the sheet aluminum yesterday for my wing and the zeus fasterners. I took my cardboard paterns to a friend with a break and shear and took the pieces up to Billie's shop tonight and tryed to fit the wing on and I found it's going to need some trimming and tweaking to fit right. I must have brain farted with my measurements but it's fixable. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Doing some shopping today (up to $300 already). Trying to figure out all the parts that I need as far as tin goes for the buggy.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:10 pm

With some trimming I've got the wing fitted. Looking for an LED third brake light to mount on the backend of the wing.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Cut some more unnessesary stuff off the swingaxle rear suspension clip for my sand rail. most of the time was waiting for my damn compressor to fill back up......guess its time to upgrade. Embarassed
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next