Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by rpm750 Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:36 pm

That is too cool right there!!! Love it!!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:23 am

Yesterday I drank beer and farted all day watching Billie (Billieco) and Pete (splittybus1967) remove the T1 from Pete's 67 and do a bunch of shit that I don't understand. Oh and I filled Pete's hole with play-doh while DiscoSquirrel and Billie watched and they liked it.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:10 pm

aircooledaddicts wrote:
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Christmas2008010

I like this shot!

We saw you going along 20 in Buford on Thanksgiving day by the way, first time I have seen your bus, it looks good on the road.
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:13 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:Yesterday I drank beer and farted all day watching Billie (Billieco) and Pete (splittybus1967) remove the T1 from Pete's 67 and do a bunch of shit that I don't understand. Oh and I filled Pete's hole with play-doh while DiscoSquirrel and Billie watched and they liked it.
I helped with the rubber thing.
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by wheel_sun Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:41 am

I haven't done anything to any of my project cars in over a year due to spending long day's and hours at work, high stress, little time, not a lot of money, ..ect.
But lately I've been "bitten" by the bug to get started back working on them again. Hopefully will get on the ball and finish this dang junk soon.. er.. someday!
wheel_sun
wheel_sun
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:15 pm

wheel_sun wrote:I haven't done anything to any of my project cars in over a year due to spending long day's and hours at work, high stress, little time, not a lot of money, ..ect.
But lately I've been "bitten" by the bug to get started back working on them again. Hopefully will get on the ball and finish this dang junk soon.. er.. someday!

Do you have a black bug you are working on? my wife drops our kid off at the babysitters and she see's a garage by there that has alot of cars but she always sees a black bug being worked on wondering if that is you? hope to see you at a meet some time in dalton bug or no bug check us out!!! NGA and D-Town Dub Scrubbers we are going to meet on the 27th right after christmas at checkers by home depot Ill post the details up in north georgia aircooled hope to see you there
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by wheel_sun Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:16 pm

daltondragger73 wrote:
wheel_sun wrote:I haven't done anything to any of my project cars in over a year due to spending long day's and hours at work, high stress, little time, not a lot of money, ..ect.

Do you have a black bug you are working on? my wife drops our kid off at the babysitters and she see's a garage by there that has alot of cars but she always sees a black bug being worked on wondering if that is you? hope to see you at a meet some time in dalton bug or no bug check us out!!! NGA and D-Town Dub Scrubbers we are going to meet on the 27th right after christmas at checkers by home depot Ill post the details up in north georgia aircooled hope to see you there

Heya there daltondragger.

Lol, I have a lightblue bug in the garage that had a cheap black respray at one point, but is not totally viewable from the road. So its not me. Now that you mention it, I believe to have seen that black bug at a garage before while riding around one day.

And thanks for the club info. If have time and not working that day, will probably check that out!!
wheel_sun
wheel_sun
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:37 pm

yeah I thought id check its out off 201 somewhere in tunnel hill I dont know the name of the road off hand but the garage has a lot of gaffitti on the walls and theres gota be a dozen or so cars outside surrounded by a fence Oh well!
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Another day of inching closer to driving the bus again. All that is left on the list before a test drive is a piece of sheet metal needs to be spot welded to the front floor so i can bolt my new accelerator pedal down. Also have to go get some gas. Then fingers crossed I will be riding.....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:30 pm

I drove it.

Nothing fancy, just hadn't cranked it in approx 2 weeks.
I thought I heard it crying so I went to go see and it just looked sad setting in the driveway. After a little talking to it, it covinced me to just take her out for a little spin. Just enough to get her all warm inside and the oil flowing through her veins.
I did and it sure felt good driving her.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:09 am

votwing wrote:I drove it.

Nothing fancy, just hadn't cranked it in approx 2 weeks.
I thought I heard it crying so I went to go see and it just looked sad setting in the driveway. After a little talking to it, it covinced me to just take her out for a little spin. Just enough to get her all warm inside and the oil flowing through her veins.
I did and it sure felt good driving her.

Hadn't started in two weeks AND it's sitting in the driveway. Shocked No wonder why it's crying. Need to wrap that thing in a blanket and put it in the garage where it belongs.

Don't ignore your VW. They get pissed when you do.

BTW drove mine to work today and yesterday and to the doctors office on monday and dinner on sunday and... alien

Last edited by bumblebuggy on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:29 am

I'm swapping my carb, Keith has built me one and they are in the hands of USPS. I hope to have it all back together for Herrell's cruise this Sat..

It had a 28mm with offset plate and it needs or came with a 34mm from the factory.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:50 pm

I ended up not welding in the sheet metal but just using a few sheet metal screws to hold it in place. I figured it didnt matter as I will be replacing the floor when I save some pennies. Got the pedal mounted and working pretty good. The bad news though the cheap piece of junk cable that was too long in the first place snapped. I have another one to replace it, but I just got discouraged today.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:37 pm

Fixed the accelerator cable. I put a new one in and it was too long also so I think something is up with the bus. So i took the old one that broke and cut it and crimped the end back on and it works a lot better. Going to get gas now! Hope to drive it out of the backyard and down the road today!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:51 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Fixed the accelerator cable. I put a new one in and it was too long also so I think something is up with the bus. So i took the old one that broke and cut it and crimped the end back on and it works a lot better. Going to get gas now! Hope to drive it out of the backyard and down the road today!

Sweet! Good luck.
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:34 pm

Bus fired right for me. Alternator light is staying on and I have a gas leak somewhere at the carb that I cant seem to find. Going to go buy some new gas line.

Edit:
Found the leak it was the carb top. The gasket is no good i guess. One more thing to hold me back.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Remember ROME wasn't built in a day.
Crawl before you walk
Patients makes perfect
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:11 pm

Its moving under its own power now!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:13 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Its moving under its own power now!

That's awesome Bryce! cheers
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:16 pm

Installed a new windshield. Still just using plexi-glass, but this one fits much much better than the one I had been using. No gaps in the lower corners to let in cold drafts.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:19 pm

Cool deal on the windshield! Maybe you will get a glass one in there some day...
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by EngineerTEN Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:33 pm

Fixed the oul leaking all onto the floor by replacing the crappin rubber valve cover gaskets for cork gaskets. Also - check the valve adjustments once more and made minor adjustments. Took it for a test drive to hear the engine purrrr.
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:34 pm

No luck on the sale Jason?
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by EngineerTEN Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:No luck on the sale Jason?

What do you mean?
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:39 pm

EngineerTEN wrote:
Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:No luck on the sale Jason?

What do you mean?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=689820
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next