Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by EngineerTEN Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:44 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:
EngineerTEN wrote:
Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:No luck on the sale Jason?

What do you mean?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=689820

Thanks for reminding me to take that down. I decided not to sell it - at the time I thought I needed a few thousand right away for the hospital bills for my daughters birth. Things worked out so I did not have to sell it. Once cool things is that guy who helped the PO work on it in Long Beach, CA between 2000 and 2003 contacted me to tell me a little bit. I'd like to get even more history from him.
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:45 pm

EngineerTEN wrote:
Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:
EngineerTEN wrote:
Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:No luck on the sale Jason?

What do you mean?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=689820

Thanks for reminding me to take that down. I decided not to sell it - at the time I thought I needed a few thousand right away for the hospital bills for my daughters birth. Things worked out so I did not have to sell it. Once cool things is that guy who helped the PO work on it in Long Beach, CA between 2000 and 2003 contacted me to tell me a little bit. I'd like to get even more history from him.
Cool deal glad you can keep it!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EngineerTEN Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:19 pm

After the Aircooled Addicts Christmas party we went and got a Christmas tree. Then stopped in downtown Hiram for a family picture.

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 100_2810[/img]
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:02 am

Great family picture...beautiful bug and beautifully decorated tree. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:42 am

accelerator pedal repair- new linkage from WW - much better now
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EngineerTEN Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:35 am

My car is officially out of comission for a while as of this morning. Some how my driver side suicide door poped open and caught the wind while I was driving and folded all the way backwards. Not too big of a deal. I was going to put the doors back to normal anyway. Gary - I still have the doors I got from you a while ago. Now I just need to find a beater to get pillar parts from to weld into mine to normal everyting up. pale
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:11 pm

Sorry to here that, I'm not to far from ya if you need a hand. I don't have any part that you need but I can hold stuff, lift stuff if you need it!!

Later
rpm750
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:12 pm

Did you get your carb situation straightened out?
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by aircooledaddicts Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:32 pm

EngineerTEN wrote:My car is officially out of comission for a while as of this morning. Some how my driver side suicide door poped open and caught the wind while I was driving and folded all the way backwards. Not too big of a deal. I was going to put the doors back to normal anyway. Gary - I still have the doors I got from you a while ago. Now I just need to find a beater to get pillar parts from to weld into mine to normal everyting up. pale
Man that stinks! I wish I still had the rest of that car you got the doors off of. If I come across a doner car I will let you know.
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:01 am

Yes I did. Keith meat me in Griffin Sunday and we swapped carbs. She runs strong now. I got my heat hooked up too so it was a tid-bit warmer going to work yesterday. Man do those old oily heater boxes smell and the exhaust fumes..... Sleep
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:56 am

rpm750 wrote:Man do those old oily heater boxes smell and the exhaust fumes..... Sleep

They shouldn't blow exhaust fumes in your car. If they do, they're either no good or you don't heve them hooked up quite right.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:50 am

Installed correctly. I sit in stop and go traffic, so sitting still the grill area sucks those fumes in and blows them into the cabin(Single Quiet Pak). When going down the road its fine. One other thing, years ago following a friend of mine I noticed that when he shifted under heavy throttle that a puff of smoke would come out from under the header. Turns out its crankcase vapor. It comes from around the crankshaft/pulley. That area is open(on seal). That gets sucked in to, I've smelt that as well. All is good its just a VW thing! Crying or Very sad It did take a while for all that oil to burn off, nasty. They were soaked from sitting the last 7 years in my garage. The motor was together with heat boxes installed. I didn't think to carry them to the car wash and give them a good steam cleaning. Oh Well.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by petervalle Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:59 am

Getting closer to getting my 67 rust bucket on the road again. Installed the lower ball joints, ordered the dropped spindles, ordered the narrowed tie rods and now all I have to do put it together.

Well, I am waiting on the narrowed beam to come back.
petervalle
petervalle
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:09 am

Started with a full tune up and all part replacement until I saw a cruddy wire on the VR, then there was an ugly connector on the A/C fan relay, decided to wire in the second battery, might as well add a trickle charger, need 120v in the rear for that so I ran it, traced every wire in the engine bay, that led to the replacement of all connector in the engine bay, also replaced the positive battery cable, tidied up all the wires with ties and with all this I might as well run a second fuse box and.............................................................................STOP!

Hi, My name is Scott and I'm and addict!
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:20 am

LOL Scott. Welcome to my world.

My last brake job turned into a rebuilt front beam and a complete lowering of the bus because I forgot to order the bearing seals over a long weekend.

A slipping clutch turned my '68 beetle into this...
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 Bumble%20072

It is a sickness.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Rode over to Douglasville to see some old work buddies and "RAN OUT OF GAS" 1/2 mile from the house!

Oh yeah I adjusted my fuel gauge sending unit today. Rolling Eyes
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:13 pm

I checked out Ashleys 66 today as the brake lights stopped working here recently. Well like I figured the switch went bad. Went and got another switch and put it in. Also bled the brakes and adjusted them. Got a good pedal and lights again.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 Empty H4 Headlights

Post by rpm750 Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:40 pm

I installed these tonight....
eBay 25.95 shipped, very good quality. Glass front, thick plastic back.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 Bug011
They have city lights....
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 Bug012
I'll change out the blue city bulbs, the headlights don't really show the blue that much. I'll have to took up the city lights to the running light circuit later. I used the old running light for my blinker.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 Bug
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by LungTube Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:42 pm

took it for a drive.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 Th_VIDEO_001

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 Th_VIDEO_001
LungTube
LungTube
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:25 pm

drove the crap out of my 74 super like i do everyday. Like 10 reverse burnouts on the street, and some light offroading in my front yard.......burnouts, doughnuts, drifting.....u kno, all the stuff you aren't supposed to do with a bug, yet most of us do anyway Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Barb E. Dahl Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:10 pm

Rode to Athens and Back to Griffin. Really nice ride. Had a good time but it was very cold and windy!

Barb E. Dahl
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:17 am

Put case savers in an engine and broke a few rings putting the first jug back on. Quit after that, so now I know what I am doing to it today! Guess I am honning the cylinders and putting new rings in it. Still cussing myself. Cannot understand how the rings broke. Oh well, realized that I did not put the gasket on so pulled the jug back off and saw them. Guess its a good thing I forgot the gasket and saw the rings before it was back together!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 17 Empty Bad News on getting my parts blasted.....

Post by 69panel Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 am

Well last week I got my fenders and hood back from being blasted and epoxy primed. They are horrible. The guy said he knew what he was doing but obviously he didn't. I asked him to plastic blast them and he said,

"It's not necessary because I know not to shoot straight on. I always use the minimal pressure at an angle. This isn't my first time, don't worry."

After getting the pieces home I took a good look and rubbed my hands all over and all the panels are warped and he poured the epoxy to the parts with runs all over and to top it off there are some bare spots. It looks like a ten year old did the work. I paid him $160.00 to ruin my panels.

I will not put their name up publically but if you PM me I'll tell you where NOT TO GO!!!
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by EngineerTEN Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:34 am

I went out to Hurrell's and marked the body metal on a 62 beetle that I need to fix my doors. I'll pick up the metal next week.
EngineerTEN
EngineerTEN
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 am

Panel, sorry to hear about your parts. I know you had been anxious to get this work done. Hopefully you can get them straightened out.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next