Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by DiggerD Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:18 pm

votwing wrote:
DiggerD wrote:Was getting in a little more test driving time today in preparation for the run to Chattanooga on Friday. When I got back home, heard a weird rattling noise from the engine area. Shocked
Turned out to be the POS chrome alt. pulley was self destructing! Found a good old stock one in a box of parts, swaped it out and now all is good! cheers

Those chrome pulleys were bad for doing that. We used to have to warranty those all the time.

Yeah I was debating on swapping it out for a stock one when I replaced the alternator a coupla weeks ago, but it looked ok then. Good thing it crapped out here at home and not on the side of the hwy!! You can't beat the old original parts when it comes to stuff like that. Very Happy
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Bugman114 Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:18 pm

i recently had one go out on me. the outside pulley half wore down so bad, it was spinning on the shaft of the inside pulley half. then it started wearing down on one side, so the one half was off center.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Got my new front emblem from Wolfsburg West and installed it. Talk about pucker factor!! affraid
The holes for the bracket had been welded up previous, so I had to line everything back up and drill four new holes. Twisted Evil Then installed the one eyed duck for the wipers to rest on when the safaris are open. That was another hole to drill. Wasn't so bad, the hard part was making sure everything was located properly, take a deep breath and drill. Shocked
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Been blocking (2K) primer, guide coated, with 800 grit paper all day today. My fingers look like prunes and the tips are painfully worn down raw. So far I finished the roof, the cowl, the hood jambs. and the left rear quarter.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:39 pm

well I got the bus shifter welded ontothe bug and I dont like it!!!! when I try to go into 3rd gear the dar shifter turns and gives it a lil prob. shifting so I yanked it out and got a loaner shifter, to use..
Also I changed the oil yesterday and doing so one of the screws was stripped out and was leaking oil so I went to Ace hardware had to get a tap and new screw so now its all done and ready for BAP heading up to the park tommorow afternoon,
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Installed some rear side jail bars on the bus. cheers Did not get the back one yet. It's on backorder from busdepot.com.
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Adjusted the brakes today. Hopefully I'll get to washing it in the morning.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Still blocking and priming

Arrow ...prime...guide coat...block and repeat.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:00 pm

PACKED IT !!!!!!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:57 pm

Washed and waxed the FatChik. Will be loading tomorrow for the trip up.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:17 am

Went to Stockornaut last night and watched Billie finish up his motor he built for his '58 panel. Billie, Ben and Pete put the motor in wired it up and it fired right up and with his new counter-weighted crank. It ran so smooth with very little vibration.

Alex and his wife were there getting parts ready to take to the show.

Chris and his wife came by with their newest, slammed early style bug. Chris bought a clutch package. Chris's bug is in light gray primer and looks nice.

Pete's wife brought home-made chillie on brown rice for everyone. Ummm good.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by lamie Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:40 am

69panel wrote:

Alex and his wife

Chris and his wife

Pete's wife

Jesus christ, they have names. Rolling Eyes
lamie
lamie
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:41 am

lamie wrote:
69panel wrote:

Alex and his wife

Chris and his wife

Pete's wife

Jesus christ, they have names. Rolling Eyes

First of all Lamie; who are you to pass judgement on one of my posts? I don't really need to defend myself nor explain my motives but in your case I'll make an exception.

Yes, they do have names. They all took their husband's last name when they married. Perhaps they don't want their names on a public forum so I didn't give the names out of respect for them.

P.S. I think if you are going to use Jesus's entire name you should capitalize his surname. No one taught you that in school?

Is your name Lamie? It's the feminine form of Lame and that figures.

The dictionary says:

Lame as a noun:
1. someone who doesn't understand what is going on [syn: square]
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:48 am

a little late on the post, but oh well, lol.

The day before yesterday (thursday), I spent the whole day doing stuff i should have done a long time ago, hahahaha. fiirst i got the alternator strap back on the alternator, tnus meaning my belt was now tight. The reason i haven't had the strap on is cause the intake from the turbo is much larger then stock, and it hits the underside of the alt stand, meaning i can't get the strap on if the intake tube is on. So i basically had to take the turbo, the intake, and pretty much everything off the top end off the motor, to get the intake tube loose enough to move out of the way to get the strap back on. GOTTA LOVE THAT TURBO, Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Then i inflated my tires. haven't done that in over a year. They were at 12PSI Shocked . they are supposed to be at 36, so i inflated them to exactly 37.

Then i gave it a nice wash, and of course after i had just finished, a bird took a huge shit right on the hood Mad . And this wasn't no ordinary shit, it splattered all over the friggin hood. So i had to break out all the carwash stuff again.

I also replaced the fuel filter again (i got some crap in the tank from when i ran out of gas a few months ago, and used a gas can that had a bunch of crap in it).

Then i gave the inside a good cleaning, and that was my day Very Happy
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:11 am

Didnt make it to Bugapuluza, but did swing by the car cruise at Tanger. I was the only VW in the lot, but the ole timers loved it.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 P4182392
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 P4182398[/quote]
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:23 am

Traded the truck for a panel, an open canvas inside to do what ever, now need to get busy on it!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 544811

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 544810

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 35 544807
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by dbcox Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:22 am

Got my rebuilt 010 dizzy back from Glenn and put it in. Yay my stumble is almost all gone. Car runs 100% better with the 010 in it, than it ever has with the the 009 points or with the petronix in it
dbcox
dbcox
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 70

http://www.lubedealer.com/dbcox

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:02 am

dbcox wrote:Got my rebuilt 010 dizzy back from Glenn and put it in. Yay my stumble is almost all gone. Car runs 100% better with the 010 in it, than it ever has with the the 009 points or with the petronix in it

Awesome!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by jennybug Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:44 am

maybe this isn't a shock to you all, but we actually drove our '71 to south georgia this week-end, almost 200 miles!!!

Of course, it has a brand new motor, but I still couldn't believe that I was riding on the interstate and highways in a car that was almost 40 years old!!!

It was so much fun, especially with the top back. A little windy, and cold, but fun!!

If you see a man driving a pink 71 vert, smiling, it's my husband. he loves my dream!!!

jennybug
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:52 pm

jennybug wrote:maybe this isn't a shock to you all, but we actually drove our '71 to south georgia this week-end, almost 200 miles!!!

Of course, it has a brand new motor, but I still couldn't believe that I was riding on the interstate and highways in a car that was almost 40 years old!!!

It was so much fun, especially with the top back. A little windy, and cold, but fun!!

If you see a man driving a pink 71 vert, smiling, it's my husband. he loves my dream!!!

Not a shock at all. I have 8500 miles on my bus since November. Hope to meet you and your hubby at the drive in this Saturday. Plenty of nice folks and sweet volks will be there.

Back on topic...

Drove it to work (as usual)
Replaced pressure switches and bled brakes. Now my brake lights are working again. alien
Also swapped out head light switch so my lights will stay on now. alien
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by drewBAKER Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:06 pm

I drove the crap out of my 62. It has a beastly little 1641. lol. with dual single bbl carbs and 1.25 rockers. I dusted a Civic from a red light. lol! Beast Mode.

Last edited by drewBAKER on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
drewBAKER
drewBAKER
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Well started building my engine, got the crank assembled, bearings, cam followers, dizzy and cleaned a bunch of bolts. I got as far as closing the cases together, I'll do that tomorrow. Pics soon......
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:28 am

sold the '74 today, i already miss it...
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:57 pm

59 Euro Rag wrote:sold the '74 today, i already miss it...

Sad I was thinking about selling my soul for this car!!! well looks like now Im just gonna Have to get to Florida and restore mine!!!
Also thinking about droping a 1776 in it anyone running a 1776??? how is it? power??
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:36 pm

daltondragger73 wrote:
59 Euro Rag wrote:sold the '74 today, i already miss it...

Sad I was thinking about selling my soul for this car!!! well looks like now Im just gonna Have to get to Florida and restore mine!!!
Also thinking about droping a 1776 in it anyone running a 1776??? how is it? power??

lol, well i was sad to see it go, i spent alot of time with it, but i just though it was time to move on...the guy that bought it seems really happy with it,

dave it make take some time but fix yours up, you can restore it however you like it, thats what i did, there wasnt a single part of that car i didnt like because i picked it all out, thats why it was so hard to let go of. my cousin has 1776s in two of his buses, and he loves them, you may remeber the yellow bay sunroof, on fuchs at bugapaluza, thats daniel's.
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next