Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:55 am

After a 1400 mile weekend I drove it to work. Cool
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by panic_fan Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:47 am

bumblebuggy wrote:After a 1400 mile weekend I drove it to work. Cool

"shirley that bus needs a break!!"
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:52 am

panic_fan wrote:
bumblebuggy wrote:After a 1400 mile weekend I drove it to work. Cool

"shirley that bus needs a break!!"

Sure thing. Just loan me your bus for however long you want that break to be. Twisted Evil
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:59 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:
Sure thing. Just loan me your bus for however long you want that break to be. Twisted Evil

Might could work something out....maybe when you return it, it could be dropped about 2.5 inches? Razz
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:32 pm

"Maybe when you return it?" lol! Don't leave things that opened ended!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:23 pm

Not today but this past weekend, took the family out for a camping weekend in Cleveland, Ga. The trees were awesome!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 DSC_8627w

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 DSC_8658w

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 DSC_8629w
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Very cool and the little guy will never forget it. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:02 pm

69panel wrote:Very cool and the little guy will never forget it. Cool

He was a big deciding factor in our purchase. My childhood was fucked but my wife said that she use to love camping with her folks and I picked up the habit of camping in my early 20's and have really enjoyed it.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by aircooledaddicts Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 pm

[quote="71_georgia_beetle"]Not today but this past weekend, took the family out for a camping weekend in Cleveland, Ga. The trees were awesome!
Looks like a lot of fun. There is no hiding that bus in the woods is there flower
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:37 pm

[quote="aircooledaddicts"]
71_georgia_beetle wrote:Not today but this past weekend, took the family out for a camping weekend in Cleveland, Ga. The trees were awesome!
Looks like a lot of fun. There is no hiding that bus in the woods is there flower
In a forest of lime trees, you'd never see me!
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Cut the pans out of the ghia/thing pan in preparation for new ones. Also put the tranny and front beam on so I could make it a roller for now and get it out of the way as the bus is on the list next.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Stoped by my house for a night and put my center caps and empi logos on...
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Cleaned up the 68 tranny some more, painted it and started putting the new seals on. You can see me helper PJ in the background.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 BusStraightAxleTranny2
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 BusStraightAxleTranny
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:12 am

Nothing major, but I like the way it turned out. I painted the VW on my hubcaps. Makes it stand out a lil more.....I saw the decals on the Samba, but figured a paintpen would work just as well.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 PB171637
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:51 pm

put wheels back on and drove -still needs more work
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:01 pm

Found a cool spot on base during lunch so i took some pics, I will post more in my forum

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Bored_10[/img]

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Bored_11[/img]
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:45 pm

Had a little spare time so I started work on Winter Project #1 - Fake Vert Decklid.
Sandblasted the decklid I scored at BugJam the other weekend. It's in pretty good shape, just a little rot I'll need to fix on the lower inner lip.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 CIMG3786

Found some measurements on the Samba a while back so I started drawing out some lines.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 CIMG3787

Then a little cutting. No turning back now!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 CIMG3788

Cut the vent out of the 71 decklid I got for $10 at pull-a-part.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 CIMG3789

Started tacking it in place
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 CIMG3790

Ground down some welds and threw a little primer on it just to see how it was looking.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 CIMG3792

Need to finish connecting the tackwelds. This was the easy part. The real fun part will be trying to get the other side to line up and match!!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:32 pm

My order from Mill Supply arrived today. I bought a right rear lower quarter panel. I was surprised how well it fit after a little tweaking. I have it tacked in but I ran out of energy. I'll finish up the welding and grinding tomorrow. After cutting out the old rusty piece it looked pretty good inside the cavity. I treated the surface rust with Extend. I'm sure glad the piece wrapped around the lower door jam as it was rusted through as well. There was a white rubber plug in a drain hole that should have been removed. I cut a new hole but left the plug out in case water ever accumulates it will have somewhere to go.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:02 pm

I finished welding the lower right quarter panel patch. I ground the welds and ground off the paint about 3 or 4 inches above and below the seam. I wiped filler and blocked with an air-file with 40 grit. I used metal-glaze to fill the low spots and some pin holes. Stick blocked it with 80 grit. Needed a little more metal-glaze filler. Blocked it again with 80 then 180 grit and shot sealer on it. I was so tired after that I just left everything laying around. I'll pick up and clean up the mess tomorrow.

I found another place to get my fenders and hood blasted and they epoxy prime everything when they're done. They only charge $120.00 per hour with a minimum of $50.00 Plus another $30.00 to epoxy prime the bare metal. (Which is just the price of the epoxy primer) They guesstimated one hour or less to blast 3 fenders and the hood. They also powder-coat and cerami-coat. Also they treat parts with cryogenics. The owner is a Georgia Tech engineer graduate with a degree in metallurgy. They also treat hard parts in a vibratory vat. You should see the crankshaft they have on display. It looks like it was chrome plated. I saw a differential with the ring and pinion and spider gears that looked like chrome. The parts were going in a NASCAR being built by one of the Elliot brothers in Dawsonville. They showed me a Chevy rocker that looked chrome and another one that had been treated cryogenically but not polished in the vat. They treat the parts by dipping them in liquid nitrogen then drop them in that vibratory vat with chemicals that etch the metal slightly while all these different size shards on stone polish and stress relieve the parts. The parts look good enough to eat. All of that stuff they do is expensive but if I win the lottery I'll be over there with everything getting parts done and a powder-coated VW Bug

They have a huge powder coat oven. They powder coat frames, trailers and there were pictures of two 911 Porsche's that had the entire tub and fenders powder coated. Any one want a powder-coated bug...they can do it.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Tranny is in. Still have to tighten the axle bolts and two of the front mount bolts. Had to do lots of running around today to find the rest of the parts I needed so I didnt get much done. I did test fit an adapter and the bmw wheel on the rear of the bus and it fit like a glove. Hope to get the brakes done tomorrow and have it ready to sit back on the ground.

Still have to go pick up my adapters, get a few lug bolts, buy two front tires, get a 12volt tranny to 6 volt starter bushing, replace the exhaust on the motor and replace the rear seal. Dec 13 Sonic or bust!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:59 am

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Tranny is in. Still have to tighten the axle bolts and two of the front mount bolts. Had to do lots of running around today to find the rest of the parts I needed so I didnt get much done. I did test fit an adapter and the bmw wheel on the rear of the bus and it fit like a glove. Hope to get the brakes done tomorrow and have it ready to sit back on the ground.

Still have to go pick up my adapters, get a few lug bolts, buy two front tires, get a 12volt tranny to 6 volt starter bushing, replace the exhaust on the motor and replace the rear seal. Dec 13 Sonic or bust!

Sounds like your making a lot of progress! Can't wait to see it cruising down the road. It's gonna look awesome.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Got the bus on the ground today and snapped a picture. It doesnt have the engine in it and it still has positive camber from not being rolled. It is going to sit nice.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Onthegroundbutwithnomotor
Also got the basket in the mail for Ashley's car. Now if I could get the peanut butter off the inside of the car....
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 NewBasket
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by petervalle Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Man, I like that bus! It looks like you have a lot of VW's or you have gone thru many of them. What year is the bus?

Once I get mine running, I'll get me a bus...if there are any around?
petervalle
petervalle
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:42 pm

It is a 66. Yeah I have a few dubs and have been through a few too. Right now the current stable contains: 64 Beetle, 66 Bus, Ashley's 66 Beetle, 74 Thing and a ratty 64 single cab.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:04 pm

Well I took my hood and fenders to this place today.

http://www.evansperformance.com/

Check out the site and you will see very interesting things going on with metalurgy. Cool

They will blast everything and spray epoxy primer all over for $160.00. They said maybe a week or so because of the Thanksgiving holiday.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next