Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 32 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by bakertim2 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:39 pm

Got home from work today and cleaned up the garage and driveway a bit, then pulled the engine out of the bus and changed the intake out, adjusted the valves, cleaned the plugs and reset the gap,adjusted the points, and modified the muffler to clear the bumper, reinstalled the engine and fired it up. All in one night. Also put on the (Carrollton, Ga.) Burley Volkswagen dealer license plate frame.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 32 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by vwovalchild Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:51 pm

bakertim2 wrote:Got home from work today and cleaned up the garage and driveway a bit, then pulled the engine out of the bus and changed the intake out, adjusted the valves, cleaned the plugs and reset the gap,adjusted the points, and modified the muffler to clear the bumper, reinstalled the engine and fired it up. All in one night. Also put on the (Carrollton, Ga.) Burley Volkswagen dealer license plate frame.

So was this after I saw Drew driving it?
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:12 pm

votwing wrote:
bakertim2 wrote:Got home from work today and cleaned up the garage and driveway a bit, then pulled the engine out of the bus and changed the intake out, adjusted the valves, cleaned the plugs and reset the gap,adjusted the points, and modified the muffler to clear the bumper, reinstalled the engine and fired it up. All in one night. Also put on the (Carrollton, Ga.) Burley Volkswagen dealer license plate frame.

So was this after I saw Drew driving it?
yep
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:27 am

rpm750 wrote:AVOIDED YET ANOTHER F''''ING YOUNG DRIVER TALKING ON A GD CELL PHONE. JUST MOVED RIGHT OVER ON ME IN THE LEFT HAND LANE. SHE NEVER HAD A CLUE, BITCH IF YOU CAN'T SEE MY BRIGHT ASS ORANGE CAR GET OF THE GD ROAD! YOU DRIVE TALKING ON A PHONE ON A REGULAR BASIS. F''' YOU!!!! THIS MAKES THE THIRD TIME THIS HAS HAPPEN, ALL IN FAYETTE COUNTY.
That reminds me I need to fix my f''''ing horn!!!

Have a nice day!
Where is that smilie shooting a bird when you need it?

I've almost been run off the road three times by tardlets texting while driving. My horn works as a result.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Stockornaut Restorations Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:10 am

rpm750 wrote:AVOIDED YET ANOTHER F''''ING YOUNG DRIVER TALKING ON A GD CELL PHONE. JUST MOVED RIGHT OVER ON ME IN THE LEFT HAND LANE. SHE NEVER HAD A CLUE, BITCH IF YOU CAN'T SEE MY BRIGHT ASS ORANGE CAR GET OF THE GD ROAD! YOU DRIVE TALKING ON A PHONE ON A REGULAR BASIS. F''' YOU!!!! THIS MAKES THE THIRD TIME THIS HAS HAPPEN, ALL IN FAYETTE COUNTY.
That reminds me I need to fix my f''''ing horn!!!

Have a nice day!
Where is that smilie shooting a bird when you need it?

Glad you are alright! You need to get some Stockornaut brakes just in case!!!
Stockornaut Restorations
Stockornaut Restorations
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Pulled the radio out of the bus today to troubleshoot it and hopefully have some tunes to listen to on the drive down to Winterjam. (not that listening to the music the 1915 makes at speed is all that bad) Wink I just like to have a little variety.......... Very Happy
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:02 pm

I got the 4 lug drums and 4 to 5 lug adapters on and finally able to run the bus rims. Drew and i went for a quick drive and man what a difference.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:24 pm

bakertim2 wrote:I got the 4 lug drums and 4 to 5 lug adapters on and finally able to run the bus rims. Drew and i went for a quick drive and man what a difference.

Cool deal got any pics?
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 32 Empty Waterbug update

Post by 69panel Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm cutting down a fiberglass outside sun visor that I had laying around from when I owned a Chevy Suburban and fitting it to the waterbug.
I made the cuts and riveted the center piece to the outboard pieces. I then glassed the seam. I'll spread a little bondo and sand and smooth things up and prime it and block it.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Drove it to my moms after changing the Voltage regulator and polarizing the gen. Then on the way home, just a few miles from my moms, clutch pedal goes limp! Had to drive about fifteen miles with no clutch and Oh yeah my starter will barely turn the engine over just to crank it, try starting it in gear.... not fun. I'm hoping a starter that I'm having rebuilt will be ready this week.

Well got home pulled out the cable, she's all good!

So here is what I found after pulling the motor.......

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 32 ClutchArm001

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 32 ClutchArm004

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 32 ClutchArm006

Funny thing is Fluffy at Herrell's told me that they were bad about breaking, well if you know Chris, I thought it was a hook and I didn't bite. I was thinking he had broken one because of his "awesome clutch pressure". Embarassed He was right They Freaking Break! I had replaced my stock one because of the play that the cable arm and this shaft had between them. I did that just before the Tampa trip last Nov.

I'll get another one and have someone Tig weld the thing before I put it in.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Ouch, sorry to hear about the troubles Bob. At least you have replaced one of those forks before, so you know what you are doing. Let me know if you need a hand with anything.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Yeah it sux but the clutch cable looked brand new that is a good thing. Now if I can get it from clicking when I push it in and let it out. I'll have that bracket welded on the other side for added strength.

If you go to Lindy's soon let me know.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:51 pm

I bought new front rotors and pads for the bus... something is grinding... I don't really want to know what... but those rotors are original with 160k plus... so can't hurt to have them around... already have brand new rear drums and shoes ready to go in... now if only I can find the seals for the tube on the reservoirs!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 pm

ok fie, i broke down and bought those seals too!

Also bought an escutcheon tool too... cause I am a tool junky... and cause i didn't want to pay $8 shipping on a $2 seal!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:56 am

Bob,
No need to tig weld another one. Just order the heavy duty cross shaft. The HD shafts are welded all the way around the main shaft instead of just to the bottom.

Look at the difference here...

http://www2.cip1.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=ACC%2DC10%2D4770
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Goped406 Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:08 pm

finally ordered the front end rebuild suspension kit for my super. Also ordered the lowered sway bar, and the flip it kit
Goped406
Goped406
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Bryce, I love the new web site! great work!!!!

I got the engine in the Oval runs great now... did NOT have time for a test drive though, deffiantley will tomorrow! also found a ton of rust on the driverside door where the paint was bubbling which turned out to be bondo coming loose, time to break out the welder again!!

my bad, i wrote did when i meant to say I did NOT have time to test drive it, carb kits should be here in a week or so then i should be good to really cruise....

Last edited by 59 Euro Rag on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:49 pm

That's awsome so when we going for that cruise? Glad to hear you got it in.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:31 pm

adjusted and bled my brakes again today. I friggin hate drum brakes. i got a set of ghia discs, but i just need to order the caliper brackets from cip1, and i'll be set.

the problem i had, was that it seems that the rear brakes didn't work at all, and i had to pump the brake pedal to get any kind of pressure. and it seems only the front drivers side wheel was working, but it still stopped. Sooo, i bled and adjusted the brakes today, and now the pedal is hard and everything, and when i went to stop it seemed much worse??? it seems both of the rear wheels work good, and the front don't work as good anymore. WTF??? i don't have to pump the pedal anymore, cause the pedal is pretty firm. i drove it thru the yard at around 30mph, slammed on the brakes, and only thr rears locked up. it i presses the pedal crazy hard, then the front locked up. i took it to my church while it was raining, got it up to 40, and slammed on the brakes, and the rears locked up, and the fronts didn't seem to brake very much at all. i'm guessing the front need a tad more adjusting out. even tho there is lots of pedal pressure, the rear brakes simply aren't enough to slow the car down quick enough by themselves.

What sucks is, that it stopped better with 0% of the rear wheels, the one front wheel, then with the 100% of the two back wheels, and like 10% of the front. wtf??? only in a vw can you work on the thing all day, and make it worse, lol XD
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:42 am

Try taking a click or two out of the rear adjusters. Adjust the fronts so the brakes drag slightly. That should clear up your problem. You also may want to check that you have the correct wheel cylinders in the rear. They should be smaller than the front cyls. It's possible you have the wrong cylinders in there or someone may have mixed up and reversed which cylinder goes where. I installed them backwards on the buggy intentionally (fronts on the rear and rear on the front) because of the uneven weight on the buggy. It works great for a car with no wieght up front but I doubt it would be very good on a full car. You've got to get that fixed because it will want to make the rear and the front of the car want to switch sides during wet driving.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 am

also check that the hard lines are hooked to the master cylinder properly..the fronts should go closer to the firewall in order to recieve the most pressure. if you continually lose pedal pressure this is caused from bleed down...after sitting for a while(overnight) the pressure bleeds back to the master cylinder. this is a problem mostly on lowered v.w's because the wheel cylinders are higher than the master.problem can be solved with residual valves for @$15 each.
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:19 pm

well, today i was driving down panola road, when all of a sudden i see the right side of my hood start to flap around. then like 2 seconds later, the entire hood flips back, breaks off, and goes flying into the air. i stopped, and looked back to see where the hood had fallen. like 5 seconds later the hood comes crashing back down to earth Shocked . turns out the hinges broke in half. as many of you know, i had replaced my stock internal hinges, with some external hood hinges from a 1940 something pontiac. it seems that the 70 year old hinges had just had too much stress over theirt life, and simply broke in half. upon further inspection, they were a little crumbly around the edges. anyhoo, amazingly when the hood flew off, if didn't damage anything, and didn't even touch the windshield. when the hood broke off, it was really windy, the hood must have gone atleast 20 feet high due to the wind, because it was in the air about 30 seconds Shocked . some serious hang time Laughing . good thing no one else was on the road at the time. anyhoo the hood really wasn't damaged too badly. it basically creased in half a little, but looks like it might be fixable. pics to come later....

On a better note, today i bought a t25 turbo from a mitsubishi galant AND a small intercooler, all for $25. the turbo is in perfect shape, so i'll be using it for my turbo motor Twisted Evil .
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Bugman114 wrote:well, today i was driving down panola road, when all of a sudden i see the right side of my hood start to flap around. then like 2 seconds later, the entire hood flips back, breaks off, and goes flying into the air. i stopped, and looked back to see where the hood had fallen. like 5 seconds later the hood comes crashing back down to earth Shocked . turns out the hinges broke in half. as many of you know, i had replaced my stock internal hinges, with some external hood hinges from a 1940 something pontiac. it seems that the 70 year old hinges had just had too much stress over theirt life, and simply broke in half. upon further inspection, they were a little crumbly around the edges. anyhoo, amazingly when the hood flew off, if didn't damage anything, and didn't even touch the windshield. when the hood broke off, it was really windy, the hood must have gone atleast 20 feet high due to the wind, because it was in the air about 30 seconds Shocked . some serious hang time Laughing . good thing no one else was on the road at the time. anyhoo the hood really wasn't damaged too badly. it basically creased in half a little, but looks like it might be fixable. pics to come later....

On a better note, today i bought a t25 turbo from a mitsubishi galant AND a small intercooler, all for $25. the turbo is in perfect shape, so i'll be using it for my turbo motor Twisted Evil .
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 32 3k23mc3p85o35t35r4a1te0
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:40 pm

got my rotors in the mail... now for the pads and seals to come...

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 pm

DiggerD wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:well, today i was driving down panola road, when all of a sudden i see the right side of my hood start to flap around. then like 2 seconds later, the entire hood flips back, breaks off, and goes flying into the air. i stopped, and looked back to see where the hood had fallen. like 5 seconds later the hood comes crashing back down to earth Shocked . turns out the hinges broke in half. as many of you know, i had replaced my stock internal hinges, with some external hood hinges from a 1940 something pontiac. it seems that the 70 year old hinges had just had too much stress over theirt life, and simply broke in half. upon further inspection, they were a little crumbly around the edges. anyhoo, amazingly when the hood flew off, if didn't damage anything, and didn't even touch the windshield. when the hood broke off, it was really windy, the hood must have gone atleast 20 feet high due to the wind, because it was in the air about 30 seconds Shocked . some serious hang time Laughing . good thing no one else was on the road at the time. anyhoo the hood really wasn't damaged too badly. it basically creased in half a little, but looks like it might be fixable. pics to come later....

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 32 3k23mc3p85o35t35r4a1te0

Ummmm.............What? Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next