Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Grifspop Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Scott, that mobile audio & video system is straight pimpin'

Malik, hope the 56 comes out looking like it was never wrecked, good luck.... It was nice seeing the Ghia last night too
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by vwovalchild Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Got the turn signal blanks cut and welded in. I have to grind down the welds and then fill in the small bolt holes. I have taken pics and wil post them soon.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:39 am

Ok the havoc is back on the road. We got gone with it snd it looks good. Now I'm thinking about just spraying the whole thing. Great job and the price was great. Back in the road again. The break was good but back to being the daily driver it is.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Side view mirrors are installed! They were very easy to install, just a quick trim of the chrome trim.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Img_0164_m
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:58 pm

came to the realization that i will have to sell my berrien 952 rail buggy. i test fitted the seats for real this time (actually bolted them down hahaha), and my head was next to the top bars, and thats with the seat right on the floor Sad . Who the hell was this buggy intended for, midgets? Laughing . i'm 6 foot even, so i guess it will be fine for someone like 5'9 or shorter. What can ya do geek . atleast i have another rail i can use instead. its WAY taller, and alot wider, so my fat ass should fit just fine, hahaha Laughing .
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:31 am

57RTOval wrote:Side view mirrors are installed! They were very easy to install, just a quick trim of the chrome trim.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 Img_0164_m

I am sooooooo Jealous, I have wanted those mirrors for years!!!! Are they repros? alot of money for mirrors but the look is definitely worth it.
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:33 am

They are repros and cost a good chunk of change, but the quality seems very good. Still cheaper than originals!

[quote="59 Euro Rag"]
57RTOval wrote:Side view mirrors are installed! They were very easy to install, just a quick trim of the chrome trim.

I am sooooooo Jealous, I have wanted those mirrors for years!!!! Are they repros? alot of money for mirrors but the look is definitely worth it.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:37 am

Installed some new eyes in the bus.....converted from the sealed beams to H4's. Very big difference!
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Goped406 Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:14 pm

thought more about trading my bug for a mk4 gti or jetta.... cyclops
Goped406
Goped406
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Today i started working on my speaker box for behind the back seat on my bug. i had bought a bunch of stereo stuff from a buddy of mine who wrecked his honduh and sold me his set-up. anyhoo, i'm gonna have two 600 watt 12's behind the backseat powered by a 1200watt amp, two 150 watt 6's under the dash powered by a 300 watt amp, and a few tweeters. anyhoo, if you can picture this, i'm gonna have the battery on the passenger side of the package tray, and the speaker box taking up the rest of the space holding the two 12's. then the amps will be mounted on the front of the box, and there will be a pocket on the front of the box, so i have somewhere to put the speaker cover on (i'm gonna have a cover to hide the speakers, so you won't be able to tell that i have any speakers in the back when the car is parked at home, or in a parking lot, etc.)

anhyoo, i was only able to work on it for about an hour, but i got the box mostly built, just need to make the back, and front with the pocket. I already got the 12's mounted, and test fitted the box, and it fit perfectly. i have to modify the stopps for the backseat to bring the seat forward two inches, so the box will fit. so the seat will rest on the box, as well as the stops, so the seat won't bend or anything, and so it will have a cleaner look, and not a big gap inbetween the seat and bos, lol. Hopefully some pics to come tomorrow.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:12 am

I put all my stereo stuff in a suitcase behind the rear seat, speakers and indash MP3/CD w/ Remote.
Looks good, and every body wants to know why I carry a set of luggage in the back of the ASBug.

KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Can we get a picture of the suitcase? Thats a great idea!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Bugman114 wrote:came to the realization that i will have to sell my berrien 952 rail buggy. i test fitted the seats for real this time (actually bolted them down hahaha), and my head was next to the top bars, and thats with the seat right on the floor Sad . Who the hell was this buggy intended for, midgets? Laughing . i'm 6 foot even, so i guess it will be fine for someone like 5'9 or shorter. What can ya do geek . atleast i have another rail i can use instead. its WAY taller, and alot wider, so my fat ass should fit just fine, hahaha Laughing .

Your buggy should be a theme park ride..."you must be under 6' tall to go on this ride"
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:39 pm

votwing wrote:Got the turn signal blanks cut and welded in. I have to grind down the welds and then fill in the small bolt holes. I have taken pics and wil post them soon.
Here is a few pictures of my progress

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 IMG_0046
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 IMG_0045
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 IMG_0050
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 IMG_0053
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 IMG_0059
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 IMG_0056
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 IMG_0055
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 IMG_0058
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 IMG_0054
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:15 pm

It's coming along, looks good, Eric. As for what I got done today, I got the decklid back on Gumby and got the tag light working.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Thats cool Tim.

I got all the holes welded up on the fenders and the first skim coat on. I also started taking out the bondo repair job on the left front quarter. Who ever done this repair used way to much Bondo. I am going to be removing the front left fender so I can do the rest of the grinding. Still have to weld up all the chrome holes on the body. Sand the rest of it and get it ready for paint.

Counting down the days till Bug-A-Paluza
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:16 am

Got my speaker box mostly done. just needs carpet and wiring, and a little caulk to seal it up. I also have to find some of those speaker grilles to give the whole thing a cleaner look. I'll let the pics do the talking this time, hahaha

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_2511
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_2507

And a close up of the amps. the big one is a 1200 watt for the two 12's, and the small one are for the two 6's that will go under the dash.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 29 101_2510
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:37 am

SWWEEETTTTT!!!!!! You know how I like my music in the VDubbs. Nice work can't wait to hear it.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 am

56HAVOC wrote:SWWEEETTTTT!!!!!! You know how I like my music in the VDubbs. Nice work can't wait to hear it.

Gonna be doing some wiring today. hopefully i'll be able to get a little bump today, hahaha.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Bugman114 wrote:
56HAVOC wrote:SWWEEETTTTT!!!!!! You know how I like my music in the VDubbs. Nice work can't wait to hear it.

Gonna be doing some wiring today. hopefully i'll be able to get a little bump today, hahaha.

it will be nice to not hear the engine anymore lol!!!!!!
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:57 pm

Installed the electric fuel gauge sending unit I got from Jeff a few weeks ago. It was filthy when I got it, but I took it completely apart, soaked it in CLR and then hit it with steel wool. Cleaned up great and I now have a working fuel gauge!

Took the drivers side door apart to install a brand new WW door lock mechanism (my old one seemed a little sticky). I love WW parts, but this one SUCKED!!! It was way to tight. I shut the door and then could not get it to open again from the outside or the inside. I thought I was screwed. So I pushed in the button and pulled with all my might and the door finally flew open. I took the striker plate off the door jamb and test fit up against the lock mechanism. It's just an incredibly horrible tight fit. The old unit had a good bit of rust so I cleaned it the best I could and put some 3-n-1 oil on it and it started working smooth. So I just stuck it back on and put the glass back in the door.

Raised my passenger side running board about 3/4 of an inch trying to lose the ugly gap between the running board and the bottom of the door and quarter panel. Looks much better now, but I wish I could raise it another 1/4 inch.

The other day I started cleaning the OG gas tank I got from Jeff. It had a good bit of surface rust and the bottom was covered with about an inch of dirt, but it is very solid. Looked around the inside with a mirror and only saw about a dime size area of surface rust right at the outlet. Unfortunatley though, the threads on the outlet are all buggered up. I believe the outlet nut is aluminum, and when I took it off, all the aluminum threads stayed in the steel threads of the gas tank. So the threads on the tank look fine, but they are full of aluminum. I ordered a thread file from Mcmaster-Carr and it arrived today so hopefully I'll get those threads cleaned up shortly.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Put my rear bumper on, straightened out the front, well as straight as a 41 yo vw could get!! But getting the bus ready to roll to Beetles this weekend. Ya'll come on, great place, great food, and lukewarm beer so come one come all, see ya there.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:38 pm

I started putting the z bed in tonight. I still have to get some insurance and a tag, so I can drive it to Beetle's.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Put a new headlight switch in Java....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Got my b-day cards from the state of GA so went and registered everything today. Luckily the emmissions on the gon were good for a year so slipped under the radar until next year! All legal and good to go now!!! Man gotta love those VW's, $55 for taxes and tabs on 3!!! The wifes new beetle comes up in 2 months, will not be as happy with that one!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next