Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 69panel Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:23 pm

zabo wrote:wow crazy lookin- hows it drive?

Zabo, like a VW beetle with big balls.

Just kiddin' The rear suspension is taxed because of the weight in the rear and the motor is longer. I may have to put heavy duty torsion bars on it. The PO said it was down two clicks so maybe just some adjustment and definitely some gas-adjust KYB's.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Finished making my irs pan a roller today. Still lots of work to do to it but it is at least rolling on four wheels..... Now if I can just get the thing on it so i can actually move it around in the garage if i need to.....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:11 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:
panic_fan wrote:Today we took a Sunday drive over to the in-laws to check out their new ride...........

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 P2012039-1

We can hardly see it for that big ass bus in the way. What is it a jeep?

Based on the reflection in the big ass bus I would say it's a 70 blue and white bay.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by laith Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:37 am

fearthefat138 wrote:bought a caddy and broke down on the way home Mad Mad Mad Mad

Caddy as in Rabbit Truck or Caddy as in GM luxo barge?
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:02 am

Got my 56 today, sad to see the euro go (especially to be cut up) but now i have a solid project, i sanded for 3 hours to day, hope to get ssome more done tomarrow after classes. i took out the ghetto ragtop install, A PO installed a ragtop clip underneath and screwed it into place, not very smart but at least they didnt cut the hole too big, straightened out the rear clip, i found that the bottom of the spare tire well was completely covered in fiberglass.
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:16 am

Drove it to work today - you know you love your VW when you drive them without heat in 20 degree weather.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:10 am

39coupe wrote:Drove it to work today - you know you love your VW when you drive them without heat in 20 degree weather.

I drive my Thing everyday with no heat and a ripped top. You gotta love that flow thru ventilation on a morning like this one. Very Happy It is cold, but I'd rather freeze in an aircooled VW than be warm in a watercooled ride. (usually Wink )
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:17 am

laith wrote:
fearthefat138 wrote:bought a caddy and broke down on the way home Mad Mad Mad Mad

Caddy as in Rabbit Truck or Caddy as in GM luxo barge?
caddy truck as in vw rabbit truck and its fixed now
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:37 am

fearthefat138 wrote:

I wish I had the dough for one of those - love those things for some reason
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:58 am

zabo wrote:
fearthefat138 wrote:

I wish I had the dough for one of those - love those things for some reason
its a great looking truck all og paint and interior in next to perfect shape NO RUST ill post some pics soon
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:36 am

39coupe wrote:Drove it to work today - you know you love your VW when you drive them without heat in 20 degree weather.

Hobug wrote:I drive my Thing everyday with no heat and a ripped top. You gotta love that flow thru ventilation on a morning like this one. Very Happy It is cold, but I'd rather freeze in an aircooled VW than be warm in a watercooled ride. (usually Wink )

You guys really should invest. What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 173634_lg
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:24 am

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_211577_211577
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:12 pm

Yesterday I got the thing on the pan. Now I can at least move it around. It will be coming back off though in a month or two.

Today I changed the oil in Ashley's car and welded up the cracked header I bought for 5 bucks
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 pm

Billieco and I drove back down to Williamson, GA with Billie's trailer and picked up the '74 bug from Marius. It's sitting on the trailer in Billie's shop. My thanks go out to Billie for helping me out.

I contacted Chris Denny about the machine work on my motor I'm building. He does all of Joeys motors. He's going to check the AS 41 case and probably line bore the mains. (The PO said he had already done it but it doesn't look right to me) Also drill and tap it for a full flow oil system if the block is OK. Keeping my fingers crossed. I also finished removing the old style deck lid seal channels. I'll grind the rust and fill and sand the flats then primer.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:27 am

69panel wrote:Billieco and I drove back down to Williamson, GA with Billie's trailer and picked up the '74 bug from Marius. It's sitting on the trailer in Billie's shop. My thanks go out to Billie for helping me out.

That explains the truck sat outside the shop last night Wink I saw y'all leave with the trailer and was wondering what you would be coming back with but I left before you made it back.
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:56 am

Yea, Ben I saw your Ghia parked next door. To be sure it was yours I asked Billie, "Is that Discosquirrel's car?" He replied, "Yep that's Ben's car."
It was butt ass cold last night...even snowed a little. It seemed even colder because the wind was ferocious. I owe Billie big time for that trip. Cool

That was my Toyota Taco sitting out front.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoSquirrel Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 am

Got ya. Yeah man it was bitterly cold, when I left I started the car up and let her sit for about 15 mins with the heat on before I went anywhere, wanted to make sure it was toasty in there!
DiscoSquirrel
DiscoSquirrel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Too cold outside to do any bodywork so I installed my 68 speedometer. I had to reset the mileage (again) to match my old unit, but that only took a few minutes. I haven't gotten the fuel gauge sending unit yet, but it's in the mail, so for now I still have the mechanical gauge hooked up.
What I'm happy about:
-I'll have an electric fuel gauge and get to put a delete grill in place of the mechanical fuel gauge and have a clean dash.
-This thing is super bright. It has two bulbs for illumination. With the garage door closed and the garage light off, it lit up the whole car. I could barely read my old one at night.

What I'm not happy about.
-It's got a little bit of bouncy needle syndrome. Took it apart two more times lubing everything up and it got better, but still bounces between 0 and 20 mph. After that it settles down.
-Tested against the GPS, it's off by about 4-5 mph. My old speedo was dead on with the GPS. The new speedo reads about 4-5 mph faster than I'm actually going. I'm thinking about taking the needle off and putting it back on just a little off from where it was and see if it helps.

Overall, I'm happy with it, but I will probably keep my eye out for another cheap one at the swapmeets to see if it reads better.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:03 am

I ordered a set of headers for the newest edition, my '74 Jetta powered bug. I picked up a new oxygen sensor. I found a Jetta III forum that gave me a great tip for saving bucks on the O2 sensor. The original Bosch sensor is over a $100.00 and a sensor for a Ford (Something) was $40.65 also a Bosch. You have but too cut off the Ford plug and hard wire the old Jetta plug on. Cool

Billie and I looked over the motor last night and saw a lot of emissions hoses and junk we could pull off the motor. None of which is hooked up to perform their job they are just added weight and garbage hanging off the otherwise nice looking motor.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:54 am

Got my spindles from Airkewld today. Now to fix my heads. Evil or Very Mad
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Had a dream last night that I was working on my bug in an actuall garage scratch because i dont have a garage maybe it was a future setting, cheers hope to get home soon so I can get the pans done, I want to get to bug-a-pulluza with my lowbacks in Twisted Evil we will see tho, freight is real slow right now.... Crying or Very sad
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:55 pm

worked on the oval last night, sanded some more and got 1/2 the trunk primered, then i rebuilt my speedo in the '74, i was making a winding sound so i totally rebuilt it.
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Pulled everything out to get to a bus in the back, then had to put everything back! I need a beer and some asprin now!!!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 521505
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:39 pm

You pulled it all out with that lawn mower didn't you?...Sweet.
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Got a pic of the 181 with it 1/4 lowered (just the left rear wheel) I think it is at three clicks..... I am just goofing around with it right now as I still have to get pans so I will be taking the body back off and actually get the pan ready.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 101_0408
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next