Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 69panel Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:15 am

I vatted the generator stand and pressure washed the dog house before heading over to my buddy's shop to bead blast it.
I came home to shoot it black and found I had about six cans of gloss black....all empty. I went to the grocery store with the
wife and stopped at Walmart and picked up some more paint. I'll shoot it tomorrow.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by LungTube Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:48 pm

went out this morning to find my big spike laying on the ground in front of my car. i thought that is weird it fell off over night sitting there. so i walked up to it and saw my lights were all wall eyed. then i realized that there was a big dent in the hood. well i started to get a little mad and noticed the spike had been ripped off, not fell off. i called my mom and asked her if she backed into it and she told me she didnt have time to talk. well she calls a couple hours later and fessed up that she did back into it. she said she would pay for the damage. i said we will just let insurance handle it. she was like okay. then i told her i had a different hood and there is nothing on the car that is damaged i cant fix. she said are you sure you want to fix it and not let insurance handle it. i told her no way was i turning this into insurance cause what little damage they will want to total it out, and it was not worth the rise in insurance. i had her going pretty good for a little bit. i think she thinks i am mad but i am not. i will have my son take the spike to her and tell her you broke it. Twisted Evil
LungTube
LungTube
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Hit a Possum.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Had a few free hours today to play with the car. Spent most of the day working on the wipers. Replaced the 6v armature with a 12v Volvo armature. That part was easy and took no time. But then I decided to take the gear plate off and clean out the old grease and put new grease in. This should have taken about 5-10 minutes, but took a lot longer. I couldn't get the motor off of the wiper assembly. The nut on the main pivot arm of the motor would not break loose. The whole threaded shaft and the nut would just turn together. Therefore I couldn't easily get to the bolts that hold the gear plate on. Ended up having to drill small "access holes" to get the bolts out. It was worth it though, cause the old grease was NASTY. I now have a working wiper assembly. Now I just need some wiper arms and blades Laughing .

Took a very tiny step backwards in the damage body work department. I wanted to "spruce" the car up just a tad for the drive to the yard sale, so I took the replacement driver door off and hit it with a thin coat of some white and blue rattle can paint. I guess it's a step backwards cause now I got a little more paint to strip off Very Happy . Oh well, I can worry about that next week.

Finally, I put the fender back on, rolled it out of my parents basement, and DROVE it back to my house. First time it's been on the road since the accident. It was a little cold, but I didn't care, threw the ragtop open and smiled the whole way home.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 CIMG4076
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Goped406 Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:20 pm

looks good man
Goped406
Goped406
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by AirKewled Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:42 pm

Working on painting my hubs a nice sunshine yellow! Alas, it is brake work weekend coming up... New master cylinder and all new wheel cylinders. Then the dreaded bleeding process! Yuk! Also buying a new steering box for the Bus tomorrow. (Hope thats whats wrong with it! Really tough steering it and I cant adjust the screw out anymore than I have already!)
AirKewled
AirKewled
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:51 pm

I cleaned the fan, sheet metal, fan nut and washer. Also the generator strap and one heat exchanger. I bead blasted all but one heat exchanger. Maybe tomorrow. I brought the parts home and spray painted one side. I'll flip them over tomorrow and shoot the other side. I put the pistons and jugs in the parts washer and scrubbed a while...seems futile because they don't look any cleaner.

I wonder is it cool to bead blast the pistons and jugs? Does anyone know?
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fried_chicken Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Well i put my beam together and put all four tires on the ground, lol... now i can tow her back to my house to really work on it. Very Happy
fried_chicken
fried_chicken
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:22 pm

cheers jen will be happy to have her driveway back!!!
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:24 am

I shot the fan, the fan nut & washer, the generator sheet metal and the one heat exchanger I had blasted the other day after I flipped the pieces over. I'll try to get the last heat exchanger cleaned up today and shoot it tomorrow. Also the generator stand and vent tube.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 65type2dailydriver Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:42 pm

Got my one and only popout window fully functional thanks to the popout latches i found at the VW yardsale today.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 0131091732
65type2dailydriver
65type2dailydriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.gregoryalanclark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 am

I drove my bus to work today.

When I got there I found an issue of Hot Rod Mag in the break room. It had a list of the top 100 most inflential hot rods of all time. The General Lee was #1 but there were two VWs on the list...

#53. Inch Pincher

#12. Meyers Manx
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:37 pm

I bought another Beetle this morning. It's a '74 with a 2.0 VW Jetta water cooled motor. It's pretty nice but needs pans. Most of all it needs a mufler system. Me and Billieco drove down past Griffen to look at it with the intention of driving it back if I bought it.

#!. No mufflers
#2. No heat
#3. No brake lights nor turn signals.
#4. No spare tire.
#5. No wipers.

We'll be heading back maybe Tuesday evening to get it with a trailer.

When I got home I went to my buddy's place and blasted the other heat exchanger. I just shot one side with paint and I'll turn it and shoot the other side tomorrow.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by laith Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Planning on keeping it watercooled?
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:49 pm

69panel wrote:I bought another Beetle this morning. It's a '74 with a 2.0 VW Jetta water cooled motor. It's pretty nice but needs pans. Most of all it needs a mufler system. Me and Billieco drove down past Griffen to look at it with the intention of driving it back if I bought it.

#!. No mufflers
#2. No heat
#3. No brake lights nor turn signals.
#4. No spare tire.
#5. No wipers.

We'll be heading back maybe Tuesday evening to get it with a trailer.

When I got home I went to my buddy's place and blasted the other heat exchanger. I just shot one side with paint and I'll turn it and shoot the other side tomorrow.

Did you buy it from Marius? You should have let me know that you were coming down this way you could of stopped by and talked dubs for a minute....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:24 pm

Yep, I bought it from Marius. Now give me the low down on the car. Have you seen it? Do you know of any problems other than those I'm already aware of?

I didn't know you lived down that way or Billie and I would have stopped by. You aren't by any chance the guy Marius mentioned that lives about ten miles down the road that he said he frequents for advice and parts are you?
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:09 pm

69panel wrote:Yep, I bought it from Marius. Now give me the low down on the car. Have you seen it? Do you know of any problems other than those I'm already aware of?

I didn't know you lived down that way or Billie and I would have stopped by. You aren't by any chance the guy Marius mentioned that lives about ten miles down the road that he said he frequents for advice and parts are you?

I dont know much about the car. He drove it to Y U Bugg'N and it sounded pretty good so.....

He is probably talking about Duck for the parts and advice.

I would say you could stop by when you come down on Tuesday but I am starting a new job and have no clue when I will be home.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 YUBugginshow2008007
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 YUBugginshow2008008
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:29 pm

laith wrote:Planning on keeping it watercooled?

You bet I am going to keep it water cooled. 115 HP 127 ft. pounds of torque and red lined at 7500 RPM...Plus
fuel injection and A/C.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:34 pm

Yea that's it...thanks for putting up the pictures.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:37 pm

You know to me thats like being Sacrilegious! Its just not right!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by laith Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Was wondering if it was that one.
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:45 pm

wow crazy lookin- hows it drive?
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Today we took a Sunday drive over to the in-laws to check out their new ride...........

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 P2012039-1
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:51 pm

panic_fan wrote:Today we took a Sunday drive over to the in-laws to check out their new ride...........

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 P2012039-1

We can hardly see it for that big ass bus in the way. What is it a jeep?
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:41 pm

bought a caddy and broke down on the way home Mad Mad Mad Mad
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next