Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+61
adams77
skunk
BKiller
fried_chicken
garomy
camch
mroberts
70VWKG
Hobug
Heinz57
sploval53
56rag
MellowMidget
Joe
65type2dailydriver
vwgirl
overspray
cavediver520
callahan
71Ghia
GhiaDD
vw57drvr
ShadetreeSHOguy
Cambur
57RTOval
tito
Muffler Bearing
smash
ladybugg
VW Chick
ASBug
vwovalchild
DiggerD
68buggirrl
buggin70
ibjamn
Johnny
ponycar25
peregrine67
DOODLE BUGG
drewBAKER
bakertim2
Goped406
zabo
39coupe
VW12step
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
aircooledaddicts
cylops80
bumblebuggy
meinvw
Grifspop
69panel
vwtattooed
Uglybug
Damn-it Don
fluxcap
56HAVOC
rpm750
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
65 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by fluxcap Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Well, me and Kelly did some running around in Newnan and Peachtree City to see if the car ran any better. It did run "better", but the plunger on the idle cut-off solenoid froze evertime I cut the car off. Had to treat it like a bad starter and whack it with a screwdriver everytime I wanted to start the car. Found a couple of posts on the samba and Keifernet had mentioned that a temporary fix for this (while waiting on your new solenoid to be delivered in the mail) is to just pull the solenoid out, cut the plunger off, and re-install it without the plunger. Guess I'll do that tomorrow.

Car ran ok, but still seems way to hot. Think I have the carb running to lean now. Hopefully I can mess around with that some tomorrow.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Bugman114 Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:39 pm

What motor do you have? Do you happen to have one of those high flow oil pumps? also, when mine went out, i just took a junk one i had lying around, and cut the end off like the other guy said, and stick it in there. worked perfectly. but it WILL diesel after you shut it off, so get ready for that, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Went to Jeff's and picked up a pan. It's a '59 that was built in Oct of that year. I've never seen this but it has a tube that runs under where the tank would be and comes out by the throttle tube in the back. I'm thinking a manual choke cable? It looked like a spiral spring with black plastic covering on it. Like a bicycle brake cable. Got about 2#s of nuts out of it. Damn Squirrels!

It will need a fuel line and right side heater control tube.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 pm

That would be the choke cable for the manual choke
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:40 am

Bugman114 wrote:What motor do you have? Do you happen to have one of those high flow oil pumps? also, when mine went out, i just took a junk one i had lying around, and cut the end off like the other guy said, and stick it in there. worked perfectly. but it WILL diesel after you shut it off, so get ready for that, lol.

It's a 1776, but nothing fancy on it. pretty much just a stock motor that has been cut for 90.5's. Yeah, I'm going to cut the plunger off for now. Been talking to Keifernet the last few days, he is getting me a rebuilt solex 34pict3 and going to rebuild an old 034 distributor, so hopefully I will have those before too long and will solve most of the problems.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Goped406 Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:50 pm

yesterday i put on my new tierods, center tie rod, idler arm bushing, steering damper, and finished up my ball joints. atill need to adjust the tierods. and a few other things
Goped406
Goped406
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Ok back at this bracket thing for the fog lights. Had to fight to put gas in lastnite. I'm open to any kind of help here. Got an ideal let me know cause I'm about to take them off and order the right brackets off of thesamba. So any ideals?
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:46 pm

56HAVOC wrote:Ok back at this bracket thing for the fog lights. Had to fight to put gas in lastnite. I'm open to any kind of help here. Got an ideal let me know cause I'm about to take them off and order the right brackets off of thesamba. So any ideals?

Maybe pull the bumper all the way out and put the bracket as close to the bumper. U know?
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Well I got the bumper already on the ground and trying all kind of things. But looking kind of promissing tho
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Try the '67 back up light bracket
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Grifspop wrote:Try the '67 back up light bracket

where do I get that 67bracket from.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 pm

56HAVOC wrote:
Grifspop wrote:Try the '67 back up light bracket

where do I get that 67bracket from.

I've got a reproduction one I got a while back. If you don't get anything working before Hooters, I'll bring it up for you to have and try out.

I only have one, but if it works, you can get another one from WW
http://wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111941352

You could always go TurboMike style and just cruise around with no hood What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 Icon_lol
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Nah I'll ge it fix need my hood got to much under it plus I need my music lol!!!
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:08 pm

56HAVOC wrote:Nah I'll ge it fix need my hood got to much under it plus I need my music lol!!!

Haha, well I'll bring the reverse light bracket just in case you need it. It's really nothing more than a piece of metal (probably 1 inch wide by about 5 inches long) with a few odd bends in it.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Ok I'm done can't figure what's up with these bumpers. I'm starting to think there not even. I made two set of brackets and every time the same thing. That's it I'll be on thesamba tonite. Thanks guys.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Found a flattened washer in between a valve and piston.....
Took out a valve and found a tin screw...the one that holds the cylinder tin on.....behind the valve..
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:51 pm

There are actually 2 brackets, a left and a right. They bolt in behind the bumper bracket, so no more holes to drill. They angle upwards and the light drops right in. Not sure if the foglight would hit the hood, but it's worth a shot.
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 68buggirrl Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:07 pm

new regualtor, new belt, and going to need a gen i guess. It was rainy (carport) so wasnt able to do too much.. Sat was a great day though!
68buggirrl
68buggirrl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2010-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/bimmergirrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:32 pm

drove it today, when all of a sudden, FLAP FLAP FLAP..... Oh crap, don't tell me a dropped a valve AGAIN??? Got out and turns out to be a blown exhaust gasket. scared the crap out of me at first, thinking i blew up another one. I don't think i even thought about the situation, as soon as i heard the noise, the engine was off. i guess the thought of blowing another motor was so great, i instinctively shut it off. and i didn't even realize i had shut it down in the middle of an intersection, but i was able to roll to a gas station in time tho, lol. since i have a push button starter, i was able to crank it, with the igniton off, just to see if i heard any noises. nothing, so i start it up nothing. give it a rev, and FLAP FLAP FLAP. i was so relieved to hear it was just a gasket, lol.

HOW the hell do you blow an exhaust gasket with an open header??? i mean, there is like 0 backpressure. i don't even have a stinger,just the header, lol. i think i have the only bug that can break down in impossible to explain ways, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:55 am

Open Header??!! Where's the muffler?
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:08 am

Got a single Bugpack muffler for sale $20
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:50 am

Was hoping to work on Old Yeller- but put a pedal assmbly in Dereks Bug for him instead. Gotta get that boy on the road soon!
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 am

Don Hall wrote:Was hoping to work on Old Yeller- but put a pedal assmbly in Dereks Bug for him instead. Gotta get that boy on the road soon!

yeah like this week end lol!!! He told me you guys work on it yesterday and he needed a starter now.he said he's readyto brDrip&Driving real soon.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 pm

Grifspop wrote:Open Header??!! Where's the muffler?
lol, no muffler. well actually i had a single quiet pack, but the muffler part fell off, and just left the pipe part, and goes to the right. but really its just a header, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Got back at the fog lights and finally I think I got it work out. Thanks to the guys in the tips&tricks section. It cost me less than $6.50 and no more bouncing fog lights. Here is some pic.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 D562a9db
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 78ae905e
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 C8d19773
looks sweet now going for a drive and see how they look.
Thanks guys.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next