Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 59suicide Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:06 am

71_georgia_beetle wrote:
Don Hall wrote:

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Kristoph1headshake
Who is this gay guy that keep popping up from time to time?

I think his name is gif and he does seem to not like heterosexuals
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Damn-it Don Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:56 am

He's got nothing against hetro's.
He just questions the 'creativity' of a few imaginations around this place. affraid

Didn't think he was gonna bother anybody that much......
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:44 am

^ Laughing

have to get a passenger inner tie rod, starting to wonder a bit.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Cleaned up the bug and drove it to South Carolina with my boy for a visit with my grand parents.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:48 pm

Don Hall wrote:He's got nothing against hetro's.
He just questions the 'creativity' of a few imaginations around this place. affraid

Here Don, I made him cool!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Headshake
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:25 pm

71_georgia_beetle wrote:
Don Hall wrote:He's got nothing against hetro's.

Here Don, I made him cool!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Headshake

You rock Scott!!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 01011101030701040520080[/URL][/img]
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:22 pm

My 74 super would start randomly. so today i replaced the starter, and re-wired the pushbutton starter. starts up perfectly now. got a brand new starter with lifetime warrenty Cool , and it only cost $30 . also got the recipts in a nice safe place, where i'll remember where it is, incase something goes wrong with it.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Stripped out the seats and interior of the '72 super and put them in my '72 standard...Went from blue to black.
Still getting used to not sitting on broken springs with a tee shirt covering the backrest....
KC Shocked
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:40 pm

fixed all the oil leaks. no more spot marking!
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 am

resealed the trans in the 88, as well as fixed some exhaust leaks. OMG started it up yesterday and had to roll down the window to make sure it was running! Also built a full width bed for the gon out of 3 regular beds to make a full width. Ended up being to tall so have to address that, then bit the bullet and bought another gon. Just cannot stop the sickness!!!
Bed
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Seatforgon032
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Seatforgon033
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Seatforgon035
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Seatforgon040
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Seatforgon041

And the new bus...
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 89gon2004
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 89gon2005
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 89gon2001
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 89gon2006
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 89gon2007
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:16 am

^ new one looks great
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 am

tune up on laurens 73, complete.
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Narrowed a front beam for the waterbug. I took 3" out. It's a lot more work than I thought it would be. Lots of cutting, grinding and welding. I got some good inside tips from Billie at Stockornaut. I did not put adjusters on the beam as I'm going to put dropped CB's disc brake spindles on that I picked up at Stockornaut used for a good and fair price.

I think a 2 1/2" drop is enough and with the dropped spindles I wont have to sacrifice ride comfort. With 3" removed I will have the front tires tucked a bit more than just 1"on each side.

Tomorrow, if time permits, I'll pull the existing front end and put the new one together with the parts from the old one.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:27 pm

Changed the oil, adjusted the valves, adjusted the clutch, checked tire pressure, checked lug nut torque, checked brake fluid, and all with the help of the co-pilot.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Changed the oil, adjusted the valves, adjusted the clutch, checked tire pressure, checked lug nut torque, checked brake fluid, and all with the help of the co-pilot.

On which car?

Lets see......
Installed (contact cement) rear carpet drivers side. Another joyful dizzy ride to work! drunken

Washed car....Waxed car....Vacuumed car. I took the wheels off and washed the fender wells, these disk brakes create a lot of black dust! Packed tools, parts bag...

Crap I've got to pack a suit case!!
Later Guys
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:51 pm

rpm750 wrote:
Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Changed the oil, adjusted the valves, adjusted the clutch, checked tire pressure, checked lug nut torque, checked brake fluid, and all with the help of the co-pilot.

On which car?

Does it matter?
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:
rpm750 wrote:

On which car?

Does it matter?

Just asking man...................
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:20 pm

hahaha it was the new car
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:32 pm

I'm taking my ASE certification test tomorrow, and spent most of the day cramming. But i took a break from that, and worked on the super. i finally started working on the dash again. the pic below is what it looked like for a while. but today, i mounted the pushbutton starter on it (its been hanging over the backseat for a few months now), i mounted the boost guage in the the dash (kinda pointless now, but i will eventually put the turbo back on, so what the hell), and i mounted my radio in the dash as well. the radio isn't hooked up yet, just mounted. I plan to mount several more guages in the dash, as well as a big ass tach right on top, with a shift light on the side.

Here is what it looked like for a while, except i had the stock speedo mounted right above the steering wheel. this was just a pic of me test fitting the dash. this was just something i just threw together, cuz i was tired of not having something to mount stuff, lol. i might make another dash later on, out of diamond plate, or maybe just aluminum, we'll see. but for now, this works Cool
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 101_2156
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:42 pm

fixed brakes and tranny leak. fixed door poppers.

began mocking up a new dash. still need gauges and a dash pod. but im working with what i have w/o spending any money so we'll see how far that gets me.
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:37 pm

well, as you can see above, i only have like $20 maybe, in my dash. not the prettiest thing, but then again not the ugliest either, lol. a little finishing work, and i'll be good to go, lol. drillin some holes for guages, and the radio, and a few other things. also gonna add some aluminum angle iron, as trimming around the edges, to cover up some of the bad kinks where the aluminum is folded over the wood, lol. hopefully pics 2morrow.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Drove all day (or at least it seems like) in the 62. Sitting in Bradenton right now!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:40 am

Pulled the westy up to KY, traded for my old DC back. Great trip, hung out and spent the night with some friends in Gatlinburg TN the headed home. So have my DC back!!!!!! Very Happy Now have to get a heart in it and get it rolling again! Do a lot of trading with this guy, and he saw the new white star I got and wants to trade a sportsmobile camper, and a 68 SC for it. Hmmmmm...road trip again!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:31 pm

I got the waterbug front end welded up painted and back in the car. I need new tie rod ends. I wiggled the old ones and they sounded like they were full of sand. I'm waiting on those tie rod ends to finish up. I shortened up the exixting tie rods and painted them as well.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:50 pm

Well I shortened the tie rods too much. Today I stretched them. I assumed that if you removed 3" from the beams then you should take 3" out of the tie rods....................................................

WRONG

I should have used my brain and removed 1 & 1/2" from each for a total of 3" Sleep
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next