Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 12 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 69panel Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:14 am

I spent about an hour making a heat shield to cover the headers on the waterbug driver's side. This will keep the heat from rising straight up to the throttle-body, just above the headers, as well the intake manifold. A buddy gave me some polished diamond plate to make it out of. Thanks Tim. I moved the air intake and cone filter so that it picks up down low on the passenger side away from the heat that gathers up top under the engine cover when sitting in traffic.

I also pulled the radiator plenum cover in the back seat area and acid etch primed it and shot it flat black because it was too shiny and interfering with rear view mirror vision, I had made the cover out of dull finish anodized aluminum anticipating reflection problems but it wasn't dull enough. I also shot the foil insulation just below the back glass as it was too bright too.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 12 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:44 pm

sold the thing..... Sad

Now I can buy a floor for the bus Shocked Razz
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by aircooledaddicts Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Drove Herbie to church and the kids and adults loved it Cool
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:24 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:sold the thing..... Sad

Now I can buy a floor for the bus Shocked Razz

Congrats! Maybe drive it to Bug Jam???

Installed door panels in Oh Bugga, looks good. Thanks Bryce and Eric, Eric I owe you $10! Laughing
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Did some more work on my engine tins. Modified a 1200 single port cylinder tin and it worked pretty good. The fan shroud fits on it nicely, just have to modify the other side and paint them and I'll be back to putting this thing together.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Drove the buggy to work. Lost some gas pedal travel and had to readjust the cable when I got there as it sliped out of the barrel slightly. Now I can go fast again. Twisted Evil
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Pulled the 66 in the garage to tighten up everything from the front beam install and put in the cotter pins. Bought 2 new brake lines in Marietta on the way home only to find one line has the wrong flares. Grrr. The car could have been back on the road tonight but looks like it will take one more day.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:27 pm

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 12 S3010078
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:29 pm

What did you do Bryce......Flatten the tire Razz
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 am

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 12 S3010078

New addition?
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 am

Bugman114 wrote:
Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 12 S3010078

New addition?

Yeah, I saw that for sale. It was a good deal.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:02 am

Got pulled over in the buggy yesterday. No ticket or anything. Cop wanted to check my insurance and registration. Damn temp tag.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:45 am

cheers
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin58 Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:27 pm

i changed the oil

haha this weekend i get alot of parts so there goes my weekend
may paint it then too

buggin58
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:38 pm

Oh Bugga turned 90,000 today......
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 12 PIC-0169
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:30 pm

39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

It is in my driveway now! I couldn't pass it up and only 20 minutes from the house to boot! It is fairly solid. Needs a couple of patches here and there but nothing like my 66. The motor spins freely and still has the bus muffler. I will get more pics of it tomorrow or Friday after a bath and some general cleaning.

Anyone got a split beam from spindle to spindle laying around?..... Twisted Evil
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:
39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

It is in my driveway now! I couldn't pass it up and only 20 minutes from the house to boot! It is fairly solid. Needs a couple of patches here and there but nothing like my 66. The motor spins freely and still has the bus muffler. I will get more pics of it tomorrow or Friday after a bath and some general cleaning.

Anyone got a split beam from spindle to spindle laying around?..... Twisted Evil

Looks good, now slam it and roll it........... Twisted Evil
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:37 pm

DiggerD wrote:
39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

Don't forget the earlies lol!
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:02 am

Bugman114 wrote:
DiggerD wrote:
39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

Type 2 idgit here, what year is she? Looks like smoothies and caps, wide 5? I got an ideal lets use it as a club project and shorten it, I don't think thats ever been done! affraid scratch Suspect Shocked Embarassed My bad.....
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:37 am

rpm750 wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:
DiggerD wrote:
39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

Type 2 idgit here, what year is she? Looks like smoothies and caps, wide 5? I got an ideal lets use it as a club project and shorten it, I don't think thats ever been done! affraid scratch Suspect Shocked Embarassed My bad.....

I think it's a 68 or 69
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:05 am

39coupe wrote:
rpm750 wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:
DiggerD wrote:
39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

I think it's a 68 or 69
I just want to see how long we can make this Quote!
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:12 am

71_georgia_beetle wrote:
39coupe wrote:
rpm750 wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:
DiggerD wrote:
39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

I think it's a 68 or 69
Only two years it could be and I want to see how long we can make Quote!

"Holy Nested Quote Batman!"
KC lol!
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:54 am

I just noticed that Scott's text has changed. Below is what shows up in Scott's post.
71_georgia_beetle wrote:
39coupe wrote:
rpm750 wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:
DiggerD wrote:
39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

I think it's a 68 or 69

And here is what is quoted in KC's post.

ASBug wrote:
71_georgia_beetle wrote:
39coupe wrote:
rpm750 wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:
DiggerD wrote:
39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

I think it's a 68 or 69

KC lol!

oh, and way cool score Bryce!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:26 am

Cool Bryce!
Could be a 70 model....have you researched it yet?
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:06 pm

fluxcap wrote:I just noticed that Scott's text has changed. Below is what shows up in Scott's post.
71_georgia_beetle wrote:
39coupe wrote:
rpm750 wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:
DiggerD wrote:
39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

I think it's a 68 or 69

And here is what is quoted in KC's post.

ASBug wrote:
71_georgia_beetle wrote:
39coupe wrote:
rpm750 wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:
DiggerD wrote:
39coupe wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:

New addition?

I think it's a 68 or 69

KC lol!

oh, and way cool score Bryce!

Yeah, its a 70. was chatting with bryce yesterday, he says its a 70. pretty sweet tho, and he says there's very little rust (as compared to his splitty, hahaha lol! )
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next