Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+85
wagtag
Johnny
ryneb21
panic_fan
vdubyou709
sdmjam
wdstang
R33ce97
jotty
shaky
57RTOval
Slim4life
runabout199
ultralite
Knumb Knucks
jtcap
56rag
jim conner
limabean79
macollins105
ridikas
reprobate3
Brooks424
Murdock00
Major62
damon23
vwtattooed
Damn-it Don
60andslow
Attack chicken
aircooledaddicts
ibjamn
johnvalkennedy
laith
DubDawg2579
bulldawgdude
vdubbers
uBER_SLO
vw57drvr
Bugman114
Muffler Bearing
hly3rd
67vdub
RomanBug
Gabass
720boy
cjvan71
DiggerD
jshmnghm
bayboy87
MRJEL
Hobug
tronview
type4revolution
bumblebuggy
68beetlebug
ggaagg57
guytonbug
Hookdriver
rican11
Heinz57
yayarudy
jerryg66
ASBug
callahan
drvr8
earlyvwfanatic
PeeWeeMan91
bakertim2
pwmcguire
Laz
peregrine67
fried_chicken
Grifspop
sploval53
BKiller
DOODLE BUGG
redneck_davis
zabo
Jon65
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
rpm750
ping349n
fluxcap
type901
89 posters

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Grifspop Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:40 pm

With Michael's help, replaced the generator in the Squareback- without dropping the bolts and washers down in the bottom of the engine! cheers It's the first time the generator light has gone off, I'm much happier now
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by ASBug Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Bought the wifey a new Routan...
She loves it.
Bye bye truck, hello Passat B5.5 wagon!
Vroom Vroom I love that car and am glad to be getting to drive it again...
We were at the dealer, to finish haggleing and she looked at me and said, "this means I don't get the passat anymore does it..."
I said she could keep the passat and I could drive the van and she seriouly thought hard about it before saying "no, I'll just drive it when you get home at night..."
LOL.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Heinz57 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Had a little time to work on the '59. Since the semaphores are not there at the moment, I installed backup lights from a '67 Beetle and used a 12 volt flasher and amber 1156 bulbs. Its nice to have turn signals again. I'm having Tim Baker build a new beam for the car. I bought longer front control arms that will re-center the front wheels in the wheel well, however we also learned the stock link pins are too short and must use aftermarket ones with the locker nuts. Bought a bunch of stuff for the new 1968cc engine and hope to installsome parts this weekend.
Heinz57
Heinz57
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 pm

ASBug wrote:Bought the wifey a new Routan...
She loves it.
Bye bye truck, hello Passat B5.5 wagon!
Vroom Vroom I love that car and am glad to be getting to drive it again...
We were at the dealer, to finish haggleing and she looked at me and said, "this means I don't get the passat anymore does it..."
I said she could keep the passat and I could drive the van and she seriouly thought hard about it before saying "no, I'll just drive it when you get home at night..."
LOL.
KC
What?
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by rican11 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 pm

took the 71 in to get her aligned.

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Newbug10[/img]
rican11
rican11
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 am

Yeah, kinda hard to trade a 40 yo car(s) in on a new one... Trade in was what I was after on that deal.
That is why I offered them up.
I knew that T was going to need a new van soon, so I just decided to bite the bullet and do it now why they had some good 2012's still left with some drastic price reductions.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:51 am

^ Well alrighty then. It seems we both got what we wanted.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 am

I like it when a plan comes together!
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Ordered some foam last week to make a rear cushion for the bus. Found some more green fabric at the store and sewed together a cover. Just waiting on a zipper from Amazon now, then I'll sew that on and finally be able to get rid of the ill fitting home stuffed rear cushion I currently have that requires random chunks of wood under it to level it out with the rest of the bed Laughing
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 pm

I rolled the bug out to give it a wash and wax. It was more like a race because I had hurry and get it done before the rain started back up.

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Heinz57 Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Well I installed the new Bosch H4 E-Code made in Germany Headlights in the '59, nice and bright. Got the stock muffler swapped on to the car until I have the last few parts I need so I can drop in the new engine.

Worked on the '75 Baja some and spent some money. Ordered the 6 point cage and front tilt bumper, striped the remaining interior out. I have the front end figured out for cutting the balljoint framehead off and installing a Linkpin one to include extending the front end out 5". Ordered 5/8" x 3/4" Heim joints to be used instead of Tie rod ends with the chromoly tie rod tubes. More to come soon.
Heinz57
Heinz57
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookdriver Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:51 pm

I feel like a simpleton. Everyone has all of these epic things they have done today. I adjusted the valves in the 67, spent about half an hour underneath inspecting and wiping. Then I spent the same amount of time doing the same thing to the square. Sometimes it is fun just to do the little things.
Hookdriver
Hookdriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:53 pm

I got the front of my top dual port tins welded up Very Happy, because I cut the front screw tabs off Embarassed because I have a baja and I thought I would never need them again Shocked
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by rican11 Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Got rid of the black primer.

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 New_bu10[/img][img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 New_bu11[/img]
rican11
rican11
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:21 am

Looks much better!
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:19 am

BKiller wrote:Looks much better!

X2!
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon65 Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Grifspop wrote:
BKiller wrote:Looks much better!

X2!

X3. Cool

Jon65
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2012-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by type901 Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Over the weekend, I welded in a new dash and rear hinge carrier to finish the rear end. Also corrected my windshield gaps so the Safaris could be mocked up and tabs welded in. Hands down the Autocraft metal is better than the green metal.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Dash1_10
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Rear_410
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 Front_10

Phillip

type901
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 pm

(yesterday 9 am to 10 pm)
Wired 240v, 180 feet from the house to the shop.
100 Amp service, 2 ga aluminum service wire done correctly.
Took all day and had to trench it by hand (trees, bolders, etc.).
I am beat, but the shop has power for the first time in 3 years.
Looking forward to having a REAL air compressor, been using the little pancake one for the last 3 years.
12X24 foot portable brought from old place last month...
Finally got set up here, and all the junk is out of the garage!

KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by drvr8 Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:39 am

Yesterday... drove from PTC to Augusta and back... took 278 there and I-20 on the way back... not one single issue. My 14 yr old son and I had a blast.
drvr8
drvr8
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:28 am

got rid of stock exhaust
installed dual 34 ICT webers (awaiting new linkage)
installed alternator and 009 Dist
on Helga

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:26 pm

fluxcap wrote:Ordered some foam last week to make a rear cushion for the bus. Found some more green fabric at the store and sewed together a cover. Just waiting on a zipper from Amazon now, then I'll sew that on and finally be able to get rid of the ill fitting home stuffed rear cushion I currently have that requires random chunks of wood under it to level it out with the rest of the bed Laughing

Got my zipper in today and finished up my new rear cushion!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 5 CIMG3007
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookdriver Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Fantastic! That really looks great. I spent all day stacking heater boxes, manifolds and a pan. Trying to make space in the garage for the double.
Hookdriver
Hookdriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Well I got linkage,no thanks to Bug eye . net
and realized type 3 intakes so gonna fab inkage
so cross bar will clear alt.

Back to top Go down

Post by guytonbug Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm

I thought about mine today, cause it's still in Tennessee Sad Had to leave it when I moved, and need to go get it sometime!
guytonbug
guytonbug
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next