Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by fluxcap Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:24 pm

goatfarmer67 wrote:painted my '74 standard today.i thought i used a paint sprayer,but it would appear that i used a pine cone and a handful of nats. pale

Sorry to hear that, but at the same time I found it hilarious. I've been there too, not with a whole car, but with smaller parts. Always get the dang gnats.

Bryce, that stable is awesome!

Lowered the drivers side one outer notch. Was gonna go one inner, but finally got the spring plate separated from the torsion arm and did the outer instead. It was my first time doing this and took about 5.5 hours. But that included 1.5 hours of driving to/from Herrell to get some new bushings and about an 1 hour driving to /from home depot to get longer bolts for the spring plate cover. With the new bushing, I couldn't get the original shorter bolts to work, so I had to use the longer bolts first to get it tight, the replaced the longer bolts one at a time with the original short bolts. Overall it was about 3 hours of actual work. Now that I know what the heck I'm doing, I hope to have the passenger side down in about an hour and half tomorrow. We shall see!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Bugman114 Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 pm

fluxcap wrote:
goatfarmer67 wrote:painted my '74 standard today.i thought i used a paint sprayer,but it would appear that i used a pine cone and a handful of nats. pale

Sorry to hear that, but at the same time I found it hilarious. I've been there too, not with a whole car, but with smaller parts. Always get the dang gnats.

Lowered the drivers side one outer notch. Was gonna go one inner, but finally got the spring plate separated from the torsion arm and did the outer instead. It was my first time doing this and took about 5.5 hours. But that included 1.5 hours of driving to/from Herrell to get some new bushings and about an 1 hour driving to /from home depot to get longer bolts for the spring plate cover. With the new bushing, I couldn't get the original shorter bolts to work, so I had to use the longer bolts first to get it tight, the replaced the longer bolts one at a time with the original short bolts. Overall it was about 3 hours of actual work. Now that I know what the heck I'm doing, I hope to have the passenger side down in about an hour and half tomorrow. We shall see!

did you use urethane knobby bushings? if so those damn thing never fit right, lol. GOTTA LOVE EMPI Mad Laughing . also if you did use urethane, make sure to use the lube it comes with, or it will squeak.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Bugman114 wrote:
fluxcap wrote:

did you use urethane knobby bushings? if so those damn thing never fit right, lol. GOTTA LOVE EMPI Mad Laughing . also if you did use urethane, make sure to use the lube it comes with, or it will squeak.

Unfortunately, I did have to use the urethane bushings. I didn't want to, but I also didn't want to wait a week for rubber ones to arrive in the mail. Now that I know what I'm doing, it won't take long if I need to change them out in the future. Next time I do a mailorder, I plan to add rubber bushings to the order so I'll have them ready.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:58 pm

So did it get rid of the fender gap on the one side?
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaeger Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:I brought the 64 patina down from Mom and Dads house.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 S3010132

That is a good looking bug... Thats what I wanted when I started looking for a bug was a patina....
Yaeger
Yaeger
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:43 am

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:So did it get rid of the fender gap on the one side?

I don't know for sure yet, but I think it will. You know how after you jack the rear up, the wheels tilt in and make it sit real high until you roll it around and let it settle. Well I had a little troube getting the e-brake cable disconnected so I took the drivers seat out and e-brake handle completely apart. Until I get all that back together I can't roll/drive it back and forth. BUT...it usually sits up very very high after I have jacked the back end up, and right now it's sitting about how it normally sits after normal driving...so I think once I roll it, it will settle about 2 more inches and be good.

Gonna get started on the other side after breakfast.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Adjusted the passenger side spring plate. Took about 1.5 hours. Then another 20 or so minutes to get the e-brake cables hooked back up and the boot back on. Backed the car out of the garage about 20 feet and then drove back in to let the wheels settle. NO MORE GAP!!! Camera battery is charging so I'll post pics later. I lost my raked stance which I loved, but I'm happy to have the rear fender gap gone. I guess I can always get shorter tires up front and drop the adjusters down a little bit more.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:33 pm

got the 70 running/driving OMG pita, not mine but hey it pays the bills. After that got my high roof in and painted it, seals comming tommorow, so will have the top on then. Have a new carb, dizzy, coil for it so should be good to go tommorow on it. Let us pray.......
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:33 pm

yesterday: raced my buddy. he was in his 79 camero, and i was in my bug. I WON Cool . gotta love that turbo Twisted Evil

today: not a damn thing, Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:56 pm

Finally got off my lazy azz and got the brake lights working, the connection at the pressure switch was corroded... went to pepboys 500 last night... that was the shiz, I think I will go to taladaga next month :Rockit: its not the same as tv even though I have HD :Smoker:
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:13 am

Bought a Green 1973 Ghia.
And Changed the oil / screen in the Beetle (it only had 14K on the screen... wasn't that bad though.)
KC.
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:12 am

Installed a new dizzy, coil, carb kit on the westy and painted the new top. Test fitted the top today, just need to screw it down now. But comming along nicely. Bodywork on it can wait, next is painting the gon and getting it purdy for a campout in a week. Things look to be comming together, have both buses as drivers now so selling the bug and hopefully have a few decent drivers!

Pics of the conversion on the westy...

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Testfithighroof001
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Testfithighroof002
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Testfithighroof005
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:33 pm

did some more wire wheelin on tha dune buggy chassis. added some oil to my bug..... you know, all the fun stuff Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 pm

Picked up a rail buggy today. Got an extra motor and another set of rear wheels with it. Disc brakes in the rear, spindle mounts up front, and both motors turn freely! Also picked up the drop spindles from Josh. Thanks again!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 S3010136
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 S3010137What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 S3010135
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 S3010138
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 S3010139
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Damn, thats awsome Shocked . whats the plan for that one?
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 pm

like that high top jerome- looking nice!
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Removed my very nicely glued down carpet, hair drier and about 1-1/2 hrs of sweat. Drilled out the spot welds on the shift rod hanger and took about another 1-1/2 hrs to fish it out of the tunnel. What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Icon_evil I never knew all those tubes were running around everywhere in the tunnel! What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Icon_twisted What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Icon_evil What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Icon_twisted

Bitch Job!!

The hanger is out and I need a new bushing as well.

Also found that the nose cone shaft seal is leaking, that's why I smell 90 weight oil in the cab. Insightful day to say the least.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Okay Bryce I expect to see you and Ashly riding around in the rail before it leaves.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:21 pm

Johnny wrote:Okay Bryce I expect to see you and Ashly riding around in the rail before it leaves.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I dont know it might already be gone Shocked

j/k
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:26 pm

Shocked Shocked

I really do need to relocate.
Ge'em in the morning and sell'em in the evening.

Laughing Laughing
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:17 am

Got the spacers and new lugs on the gon yesterday. Finally! What a pita the rears were.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 14 Panelcleanwrims003
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:18 am

Hit Lara's car with the bus backing it out this morning. Sad Embarassed No Evil or Very Mad Mad

Really wish I'd found a good deal on rear bumper in my travels now.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:41 am

bumblebuggy wrote:Hit Lara's car with the bus backing it out this morning. Sad Embarassed No Evil or Very Mad Mad

Really wish I'd found a good deal on rear bumper in my travels now.

aw man. Sorry to hear that. Hope it's not too bad.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Yeah sorry to here that, how bad is the damage? Pics...
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Ouch, sorry man. but heck, if it can still drive, then its not that bad Cool. lets see some pics affraid
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next