Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by fluxcap Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Well, it definitely sounds like the way to go. I'll probably try and get one within the next few weeks. Or maybe a vendor at Reynolds will have for a good price.

fluxcap wrote:Didn't have much time to work today. Cut some kickpanels out of wood and then covered them with carpet I bought at Lowes this morning. The carpet was a slightly darker shade, but it's not to noticeable. I bought a 4ft by 6ft piece of this stuff and plan on using the rest to line the trunk.
Finally got around to using the rest of that carpet I bought a few months ago. I covered the generic wiring cover and then cut the rest to fit the trunk. The picture looks a little better than it looks in person. You can't tell in the pic, but the carpet was just a little short on the passengers side, so I had to "piece in" a small section around the hinge area.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 CIMG3625
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:19 pm

Found out today that Ashleys cars right rear wheel had the wrong bearing cover so I replaced it with the right one with all new seals hopefully it wont leak. Guess we will see later today...

Carpeting looks great Eric
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:54 pm

I found a fender at Allroundrestos today. I put it on and it's begining to look like a complete vehicle.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:20 pm

put some bearclaws in that i scored at work. now I can open and close the door like any other normal person, instead of using old metal hood latches

All i have to do to open the door now is pull the dogtags hanging from the hole and BAM IM OUTSIDE Laughing The crome latch was the recent way to hold the door shut

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Septem10[/img]

The SCORE x2

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Septem11[/img]

I cant do too much damage with this, can I?

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Septem12[/img]

Mounting plate came with the bug Laughing

[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Septem13[/img]

Good for now until I can get some cash for solenoids and remotes
[img]What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Septem14[/img]

No more air blowing in through the cracks in the door, the old latches did not hold the door completely closed Laughing
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:34 pm

Washed it. afro
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:02 am

i looked at the 60 and cried, "where are my tires?!!! its saturday and i want my new tires!!!"

i installed a new speedo in the 73, washed it, fueled it (first time in a month), and realized that my license plate has gone missing?!!
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:30 pm

new bowden tube, metal fuel line and watched my new brake hose leak.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:23 pm

#$@!*! just broke off bolt on front shock mount
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:39 pm

zabo wrote:#$@!*! just broke off bolt on front shock mount
Front shock mounts...?No Why do you need front shocks?.....

j/k Razz
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Took apart and cleaned and re-assembled a 205K distributor today since it was raining. This distributor is going on Ashley's bug.
BEFORE
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Before2
AFTER
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 After
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:15 am

I have a camber compensator on the way from CB Performance. I decided to get one after seeing the wipe outs in that video. I see it as cheap insurance against a rollover.

I picked up some black leather Civic seats at the junk yard yesterday. I'll be making custom brackets over the next day or so. I thought it was strange that only the passenger side seat folds forward; both recline. I was lucky because the seats had been inside the building on a shelf since 2001. They came out of a car with only 7,000 miles on it. They were covered in Georgia red clay dust having been sitting for seven years. I gave them a bath and they cleaned up really well and look brand new. I got them for $200.00 for the pair because they were old inventory. The young guy who showed me the seats said if they hadn't been hiding on the shelf that they would have brought $250.00 each to a Honda nut. I asked why they were out of sight and the young man said he had a Civic back then and had designs on getting them for himself but sold the car four years ago. I was hoping to go with an interior color other than black but the seats have changed all of that. So black it is. Cool

edit: I reread the invoice for the seats and the seats had only 700 miles on them, not 7,000
I thought they looked mint.

Last edited by 69panel on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:22 pm

I got the drivers seat mounted today. I'm doing the passenger seat tomorrow. I had to cut the brackets off of the Honda seat rails and cut the lower part of the VW tubing rails off. I tied the two VW rails together with some 1" x 1/4" flat stock carefully welding to get the original spacing correct so the rails would not bind. Then I welded the Honda seat rails to the shortened VW rails. I did it that way in case someone in the future ever wants to put stock seats back in. I sat in the seat for the first time and is it ever comfortable. I didn't notice until today that the round knob on the side of the drivers seat raises and lowers the seat. I thought it was a lumbar device. I'm tall and probably will never raise it but it's a cool feature.

On another note the PO of my bug included a new, in the box, Cal Look one piece window kit. I've been reading on the Samba and apparenty most people do not like one piece windows. The complaints are they rattle and don't roll up and down easily...sometimes striping the gear on the regulator. I sort of like the look myself but I don't want rattles. Also some people said the door limiter will have to be removed and some other device installed to limit the door opening too far.

Can any of you offer your input on one piece windows?
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:56 am

I had one piece windows in a 74 Super. I loved the look; hated the windows. They rattled, were a pain to roll up correctly, and I missed the vent window for air flow. If you can't guess, I'll never have one piece windows again. No
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:07 am

got front shocks on and those bushings off Evil or Very Mad

new ebrake cable.

still cant figure out this turnsignal issue
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:27 am

We put the one piece windows in mine. I like them and have no rattles. They are a little stiff rolling up, but other than that I have no complaints. If you take your time and put them in right you will like them. There is a different door limiter that you need to put in.

Joe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 219

http://ATVW.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:18 pm

replaced leaking brake hose - bleed tomorrow when i have some help
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:26 pm

zabo it sounds like you are getting it ready for some much needed v-dub road time
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:35 pm

yep- i havent had a chance to get it too far yet.

from tucker to decatur has been my longest ride- still trying to get used to the older ride and figuring out whats normal and whats not.
my previous aircooled vws where a 73 standard beetle and a 79 bay - whole different feel than the 60.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by greg5003 Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:44 pm

Put in a new stereo..............

greg5003
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by daltondragger73 Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:45 am

Got the axel bearings in cheers man that snap ring in there was a pain, but every thing went togeher all smooth!! its finnally back on the road.. whats next? well I think im gonna drive it for a lil while and then after the holidays im gonna do the pans and sand the body down and get ready for paint
daltondragger73
daltondragger73
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:21 am

I got busy yesterday. I welded up an intentional flap hole in the tunnel. I called Joey at all round restos and he said someone before repaired a flopping clutch cable tube and cutting into the side of the tunnel is the only way to do it. He said the person should have welded it back when the job was done.

I cleaned the underside of the pan prepping for roll on bed liner. I used an angle air grinder with 3" scotchbrite, Ro-lock pads. It was slinging dirt laden road grease everywhere. When I came in the house to bathe before dinner the wife said, "You look like a coal miner or a Raccoon." I looked in the mirror and the only thing white on my face and neck were my eyes where my glasses were and my teeth. What a Face Big clean in my shop in store.

The bottom of the pan looks really good. It's surprisingly shiny black with very little rust. I guess the oil and road film protected it. Not sure about coating it with bed liner now. I'll look it over good this morning and decide whether I'll touch up some scrapes or coat it all over. I'll probably coat it for the sound deadening properties.

I installed my new "camber compensator". I painted my heat exchangers. I chased some surface rust in both headlight buckets. The drivers side bucket had a water line half way up. The drain must have gotten plugged up.

I installed fresh air hoses I picked up from Tony. I got my heater flaps working free and lubed them. I hooked up the heater cables and made sure they open and close fully. I figured that having heat would be a good thing as fall is here.

I also straightened a very slight dent in a late model, vented, deck lid I traded Joey some NOS and new aftermarket parts for. The parts were extras that the PO threw in on the deal when I bought the car. I'l take the deck lid to my buddy George's shop today and use the bead blast cabinet to clean it up for welding up the extra holes I don't want.

A good buddy of mine owns a body shop in Otto, NC. He's stopping by this afternoon on his way back from visiting his Mom in Tucker, GA to look over my bug for a cost estimate on materials and shop use. I'll probably spend a couple of days with him at his house and help prep it seeing as how I used to have my own body shop. I'd do it all at home but for the fact that my shop is new and I don't want to make a huge mess with over spray and bondo dust everywhere. Not to mention moving several cars outside that I'd rather not have outside and some furniture stored in there for the wife. It would take all day and then some.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:24 am

I got out of my workshop, and Jill and I met up with Kale and his lady to finally get out and meet a lot of you. We got to the Marietta Diner a little late, and were blown away by the number of dubs there! Had some great food, met some great people, and got some great pictures too. We can't wait to do it again soon!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 Dub_and_Chic
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwfanatic67 Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:30 pm

I got the Euro where I could drive it sort of Friday. I drove it down the street with a pair of vise grimps clamped to the steering column. I got the other fender on yesterday and the passenger semaphore installed and working. I also found a fuel leak from the reserve tap on the bottom of the tank so I ordered one from Chad. Here is my video of the maiden voyage if anyone hasnt seen it in the members rides section.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjXYSF_CnYY
vwfanatic67
vwfanatic67
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:56 am

replaced leaking cv boot

Last edited by zabo on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:30 am

I bought it! cheers
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 10 DSC_8600
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next