Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+57
Stockornaut Restorations
BUBBABEAR
tronview
bakertim2
DiggerD
laith
fried_chicken
AirKewled
fearthefat138
skunk
57RTOval
jshmnghm
Goped406
vwkultur
meinvw
Barb E. Dahl
Bugman114
wheel_sun
rpm750
petervalle
Cambur
racecar67
LungTube
56HAVOC
vwfanatic67
greg5003
sploval53
69panel
DiscoSquirrel
zabo
65type2dailydriver
jim conner
dbcox
svkustoms
Johnny
Damn-it Don
59suicide
EngineerTEN
vwovalchild
panic_fan
65veedub
39coupe
jimbear
billieco
aircooledaddicts
Joe
bumblebuggy
kabriolett
ksc78vw
VW12step
Hobug
Treehive
tito
daltondragger73
fluxcap
71_georgia_beetle
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
61 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 25 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Bugman114 Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:06 pm

wow, i was always wondering what your thing looked like (i didn't mean that in a gay way lol! ) (or, thats what she said). i never put two and two together, that the thing you've been talking about is the same one on your avatar on thesamba. blonde moment, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 25 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 69panel Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:26 am

Yesterday I rode with Billieco to pick up his new lift. We wrestled it off of the trailer and sort of put it in position. It was pretty heavy and mostly cumbersome.

Also went by and picked up my new (Used) wheels. The wheels are American Racing four spoke one piece wheels that were sold from '68 to '74. The model is Le Mans. Maybe there are some around locally but I've never seen them before. They are 5.5" by 15". After some research I found out they also came in 6" by 15" I found a pair of those on the Samba but too expensive for me. $500.00 for two used ones. I'd really like to put the 6" wide ones the rear. Maybe I'll stumble across some at a decent price in the future.

Link: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=731417
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Dropped my single port heads off at Proflow in Hiram for a rebuild, three angle valve job, and port/polish. Gonna be sweet! Labor is around $250 plus parts if he needs to replace anything. They will be better than new for a lot less money. I saw another pair of single ports he worked on and they were nice! Can't wait.
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:11 pm

jshmnghm wrote:Dropped my single port heads off at Proflow in Hiram for a rebuild, three angle valve job, and port/polish. Gonna be sweet! Labor is around $250 plus parts if he needs to replace anything. They will be better than new for a lot less money. I saw another pair of single ports he worked on and they were nice! Can't wait.

Funny. I was in Hiram yesterday droping off my case and heads to be worked.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:22 pm

I was tired of the Fire extinguisher rolling around in the back, so I mounted it between the front seats. Great spot if you are wondering where to store it.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 25 Inside010
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:23 pm

switched my snowflake taillights over to 6v LEDs- pics and more info soon.
YaY you can see me now Very Happy
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:28 pm

tons of sanding and painting on the oval, (i'm loading pics right now), and also fried my head unit in my 74, now i gotta scrape up some cash for a new radio Crying or Very sad
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:23 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:
jshmnghm wrote:Dropped my single port heads off at Proflow in Hiram for a rebuild, three angle valve job, and port/polish. Gonna be sweet! Labor is around $250 plus parts if he needs to replace anything. They will be better than new for a lot less money. I saw another pair of single ports he worked on and they were nice! Can't wait.

What are you getting done?
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:03 am

rpm750 wrote:I was tired of the Fire extinguisher rolling around in the back, so I mounted it between the front seats. Great spot if you are wondering where to store it.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 25 Inside010

Not 100% sure here in GA, but most states require that an extingusher is mounted. Get an oficer in a bad mood and a citation can be issued. So if you have one mount it! I got an officer ticked one day and got 6 tickets, no moving violations, just tickets.....
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:28 pm

jshmnghm wrote:
bumblebuggy wrote:

What are you getting done?

Getting the case bored for 1776 and the heads as well.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by LungTube Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:24 pm

the front trans mount. what a pain. now the motor/gearbox does not slam back and forth in reverse. oh also had to realign my shifter. i cant find the gears now cause there where there supposed to be. lol!
LungTube
LungTube
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:06 pm

I sand blasted another piece of engine tin and painted it. (For the motor I picked up a week or so ago)

Several days ago I bought a Bosch 55 amp alternator used from another member so I went on the Samba shopping for an alternator stand and found one and ordered it along with some special wheel washers for the Le Mans American Racing wheels I bought the other day so I can use more common chrome acorn lug nuts rather than the special lug nuts they require

I went to Billie's shop and pulled the complete existing exhaust system on the water bug as well as the EGR valve. I took the EGR gasket home to use as a template to make an aluminum block off plate. Billie said the guy next door is the water cooled guru so I'm going to get him to tell me what can and can't be removed in the way of vacuum hoses and an unbelievable plethora of strange looking devices on the 2.0 motor. I'm sure most are emission related and totally useless in the application. I'm waiting on a set of shorty headers with an oxygen sensor bung I ordered a couple of days ago. Billie and I will build off of the headers to make the motor quieter with a turbo muffler or something similar. As it was there were many many exhaust leaks and the PO had used tail pipe resonators for mufflers. Read that as TOOOOOO LOUD!!!!! The resonators had the guts blown out.
Billie and I noticed that the valve cover was leaking so it will get a new one soon. I'm in the process of finding a MK 4 intake plenum off of a later model 2.0 liter 8 valve so the throttle body and mass air sensor can be relocated to obtain a lower profile in the back also to get the intake induction away from the header side of the motor.

I'm having a great time with all of these projects...life couldn't get much better. Cool
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:08 pm

meinvw wrote:Not 100% sure here in GA, but most states require that an extingusher is mounted. Get an oficer in a bad mood and a citation can be issued. So if you have one mount it! I got an officer ticked one day and got 6 tickets, no moving violations, just tickets.....
Only vehicle required to carry is GVWR of 10,001 lbs. or more. The laws don't mention mounting.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Put gas in it, drove to work..............

Oh and last night Tronview pulled a late nighter and fixed most of my electrical woes. Now I gots running lights and even a tag light to make me more legal! Cool Thanks man you rock!! cheers
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:57 pm

got insurance and drove the rabbit to get some parts for people to pick up tomorrow watercooled is a different world Laughing
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:32 pm

Found out the case and heads I brought to Pro-Flow are CRAP. Evil or Very Mad
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:50 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:Found out the case and heads I brought to Pro-Flow are CRAP. Evil or Very Mad

Don't feel alone my heads were crap too and the jury is out on my case.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by jshmnghm Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:56 pm

[quote="69panel"]
bumblebuggy wrote:Found out the case and heads I brought to Pro-Flow are CRAP. Evil or Very Mad

That sucks, when I was there, he was checking out a case that had previously been line bored and he said it was not done right. Was that yours? He checked my heads before I left and found a small crack between one set of valves on one of the heads. He said it was not bad enough to junk them. I'm waiting to hear back from him.
jshmnghm
jshmnghm
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:25 pm

fearthefat138 wrote:got insurance and drove the rabbit to get some parts for people to pick up tomorrow

Went and got a l/p beam from Erik (fearthefat138). Great deal and he even found the tierods. Unfortunately the cost of the beam went up probably about 4x on the way home when Union City gave me a fast driving award Sad .
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:47 pm

fluxcap wrote:

Went and got a l/p beam from Erik (fearthefat138). Great deal and he even found the tierods. Unfortunately the cost of the beam went up probably about 4x on the way home when Union City gave me a fast driving award Sad .

I hate making contributions to the Policeman's Ball myself.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by LungTube Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:48 pm

changed the exhaust

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 25 100_1270

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 25 100_1271

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 25 100_1272-1
LungTube
LungTube
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Dropped the 1300DP heads for my 1200 build at the machine shop. When I got them the guy said they had already been done but they had set for a couple years and the springs looked bad. Also picking up the weber dual carbs. Gotta get the case to the machine shop next week and get the rest of my bearings etc.. so i can put it together.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Got my sending unit for my electronic fuel gauge in the mail. Messed with it for about an hour but couldn't get it to work right. I think the guage is bad. It had been sitting for a while and the posts were rusted and pretty nasty looking. I'll add one of those (and a new vibration unit) to my next order and try again. Also got my lower door skin repair panels in today. The bottom outer piece is a complete joke. It's nothing more than a flimsy piece of sheetmetal that looks hand bent. Looks like a five year old formed the bottom lip by placing it on a 2x4 and bending it. The bend isn't a sharp 90 degree angle, it's more of a rounded bend, and it's not even straight. The bottom inner section looks much nicer. Haven't tested the fit, but it looks like it was actually pressed and all the bends and curves are nice and crisp.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Broke the clutch cable in Ashleys car.... Crying or Very sad
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:00 am

I'm driving "Oh Bugga" more than I thought I would, he turned 81,000 this morning. 1,000 mls in the past month. See you at Sonic!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next