Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 67 type 1

+6
vwgirl
71_georgia_beetle
Kufa
56HAVOC
Grifspop
ibjamn
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My 67 type 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: My 67 type 1

Post by ponycar25 Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Let me know which panels, we've got most of the body cut up and I'm trying to get the pictures downloaded on the samba. Troy Suspect
ponycar25
ponycar25
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:48 pm

"I may take you up on that and maybe reference a couple of other concerns. The electrical shouldn't be much of an issue... I'm pretty sure that after I am done with the connections, that the only voltage drops will be from the rusty screws holding panels together."

I was shocked when all the electrical worked on my '67 after sitting for 12 years. I figured I'd spend a few evenings chasing electrical gremlins.....
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ibjamn Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:14 pm

ponycar25 wrote:Let me know which panels, we've got most of the body cut up and I'm trying to get the pictures downloaded on the samba. Troy Suspect
scratch Are you selling them on samba?
The panels I would replace on mine would be the bottom of A-pillar and hinge on both sides, front right quarter, the small sections where the boot hinges mount, the center dash portion from the weird hacking, the under side of the dash that is swiss cheesed..... the roof ....i may just eventually through a rack on it to hide the unevenness.... the lower sections of both doors... Some of this can be taken out of non-67, but i think the underside of the dash may be slightly different? Maybe not. These are the body sections that I know for now, no telling what lies beneath the 2 coats of yellow when it's time to weld.... The driver's door has some filler on it, but from the inside of the panel it doesn't have any marks - not even body hammer marks. I may make it sound worse than it is, but I have plenty of "crotch coolers". Smile One thing that gets to me is the pass fender is aftermarket. Suspect
Aside from the re-alignment and welding of the body to pan to chassis and a couple of little sections, any major body work will be on the back burner since I want to first rebuild and lower the front end and get the motor dependable enough to cruise.
Grifspop wrote:
I was shocked when all the electrical worked on my '67 after sitting for 12 years. I figured I'd spend a few evenings chasing electrical gremlins.....
wow... at least it didn't have make-shift wiring. This one isn't that bad, a few splices here and there that just looks like they didn't want to fork over $ for the relay block and made do. Tomorow I'll be visiting a sporting goods store for a (tiny) gun cleaning brush to clean the (okay) original spade connectors a bit, and what I replace will be crimped and soldered. Doesn't take much except for time and patience... and an extension cord and the nice little light on my solder gun..

I did finish the front brakes today, thanks to a trip to Stockornaut. and I will probably have a tranny leak soon since I chipped and scraped away half an inch of crust on one side covering the filler hole... maybe the adobe layer was holding the fluid in.. Shocked

ibjamn
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ibjamn Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 am

Not much accomplished over the weekend. I still haven't finished the brakes in the rear, debating if I should go ahead and put a cheap master cylinder in it before bleeding. I wanted to wait and get the better quality later on, but since the brakes weren't working proper before, not sure if the old one is in fact usable.
I did have a Gwinnett Co. officer do the VIN verifying on Saturday and fill out the registration form, so one step closer to being on the street.
And I did pull the dash wiring out to prep for the rewire, with some help from my youngest daughter learning to use a ratchet....
My 67 type 1 - Page 2 6ed507cf022b__1270911041000
My 67 type 1 - Page 2 70d2b783cb81__1270912049000

My other daughter is more interested in reading than most anything else, including her DS Shocked .... but I'm not complaining
My 67 type 1 - Page 2 0c5875ed15e6__1270916433000

ibjamn
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2