Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors

+29
rpm750
bakertim2
DiscoSquirrel
Bugman114
71_georgia_beetle
daltondragger73
fluxcap
vwkultur
sploval53
jshmnghm
69panel
jerryg66
Goped406
Knumb Knucks
racecar67
65type2dailydriver
57RTOval
Cambur
56HAVOC
svkustoms
tito
Damn-it Don
panic_fan
vwovalchild
aircooledaddicts
bumblebuggy
EngineerTEN
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
59suicide
33 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors

Post by 59suicide Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:00 pm

some new shoes today.

Front toyo LINK
rear kumho LINK

old sizes
135sr15
205/60r15

I raised the beam all the way up I have no rubbing... I might lower it down some
more picks > http://photobucket.com/schmitty

Waiting
Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 7 Newshoes18555001

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 7 Newshoes18555002

mounted and balanced
Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 7 Newshoes18555008

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 7 Newshoes18555006

Got to test them in the rain on the way home, :Rockit: a world of difference on the grip
Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 7 Newshoes18555010LINK
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors

Post by 59suicide Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:15 pm

Went to villia rica to pick up my dynomax this evening, was a very nice cruise with the new tires on, I am glad I decided to go for performance tires and not looks.

It sounds great
Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 7 Dynoma11

Hello check out my 59 with suicide doors - Page 7 Dynoma12
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:44 pm

Did Kauffman's have any trouble balancing the wide 5 wheels?
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:49 pm

Grifspop wrote:Did Kauffman's have any trouble balancing the wide 5 wheels?
Yeah, X2
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:04 am

at first they did until they found the bigger adapter for the machine, tires ride nice and smooth. Smile It seemed like everyone there wanted to have a part in putting these tires on the bug, they all loved it.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:18 am

That would be Kauffman's tire Hwy 5 Douglasville!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:25 am

rpm750 wrote:That would be Kauffman's tire Hwy 5 Douglasville!

3 points!
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:03 pm

are the old tires still good and do you want to sell them
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:45 pm

fearthefat138 wrote:are the old tires still good and do you want to sell them

No they were dry rotting bad on the inside sidewalls it was kinda scary driving on them Shocked
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:33 pm

ok just thought id ask haha
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:05 am

replaced my front bearings and greased everything up with the green greese. The front still had ball bearings I replaced them with roller bearings. steering seems a whole lot better now that I greased it all, for some reason I never done it before. The rear is coming up next... just taking it slow while Im healing from the surgery. My camera broke I have to dig up my 2 mp one.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Fixed my exhaust problem, I had to cut and re-weld the flange to 12 o'clock well more like 12:15 position to tuck the phatboy a little better so It will have less of a chance snagging on some crap and really destroying the headers. It probably moved it up about 6 inches... looks a hell of a lot better, all that is needed is a new gasket for that flange. I had to buy some header gaskets for Chevy and cut them up for the exhaust ports, seemed to work better than what was on there.
The rear bearing leak I fixed some how Migrated to the opposite side Evil or Very Mad Time to do it again, I will wait till work to do it, the torque wrench is better there... using a breaker bar and going by feel for torque just didn't do the job I guess, I did break my good 1/2" drive ratchet trying to do that, it just sheared off right into my good 3/4" step up socket. Rolling Eyes
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:33 pm

I hit 6k rpms pulled all the way and had more :Rockit: GIGGITY
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:37 pm

we need to race, hahaha. Mine pulls harder and harder, and harder, till the turbo starts getting angry at the dizzy for not being reatarded more, and starts to sputter, but still pulls hard. i have no idea why the motor hasn't blown yet scratch ............. lol! . so we need to race before i blow up
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:23 am

bye-bye toby... Hello Jana.
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:59 pm

so im the new owner of Toby. unfortunately Toby has not run for more than 10 days at a time since the trade was made back in October. i suppose i could start at the beginning. *ahem*

the gas tank imploded because someone crimped the breather tube off. i don't really understand why they'd do that, i assume it was to lighten the gas fumes. really bad idea. like, really bad. then the carb linkage fell apart, b/c a cotter pin is a poor choice to replace a nut and bolt fastener. the throttle cable snapped. the wiper motor went out, which really sucked b/c it went out during a downpour. then the steering wheel came off in my hands, twice. while driving. the oil cooler EXPLODED! then a screw that had been lodged in the intake worked itself loose and down past the intake valve to rest between the piston and the valve. needless to say, the engine did not react very well.

so i put the car in our shop and we began the teardown. found the screw fixed the motor issues, and discovered that the clutch was broken... in half... twice. so that issue was addressed and we decided to take care of the body work, replace the seals, and paint the booger. but in the process of stripping the interior we noticed that the suicide hinges on the drivers side was poorly done. very poorly done. as in the door being held on by nothing but pure weld, bondo, and fiberglass.

what the hell did they do to this bug?

we replaced the drivers door. cut out the bondo rot on the rear quarter panel. corrected the misaligned hinges. welded in some new body panels and a new front apron. and began sanding away the paint. the car was pink. then black. then yellow. moreover, we discovered that only the rear of the car from the doors back was a 59. the dash forward is a later year bug. which isn't so bad except that the morons welded a quarter of an inch too much metal in the windshield pillars.

this left me with a significant issue to grapple with. we decided that instead of simply cutting out the excess, we'd chop the top 2 inches. i decided on a more subtle approach b/c i hate the squat proportions of chopped bugs. they look.... weird. but 2 inches is just enough to give the car a more mean appearance.

well, then we dug into the front and rear suspension. what a mess. what an unbelievably dangerous mess. the front end had not been lubed at all. it was rusted solid. the shocks were shot. the car drove like a go cart with no tires. especially in the rain. the king pins and link pins were rusted solid. at least the steering box was good. but that was it. we replaced everything. we narrowed the beam 6inches. installed dropped spindles. and got rid of the really crappy tires on the chrome rims. the rear suspension was not so bad. so we lubed everything back up, notched the spring plates 3 inches, and lowered the rear 2 splines.

so it is safe to say that Joe got the better trade value in Jana and Toby has received a sex change surgery. soon Sophia will be ready to unveil herself publicly. but first she needs a bit more paint to make it official, and the interior reassembled. the high back seats have been cut down. a bus dash is in the works. and the wiring mess addressed.

soon fellas. soon. as in 2 weeks more.

Last edited by tito on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Well it seems like you got the worst deal but now that I think of it I've never seen Toby on the road but he was always getting work on. But now you cleared it up that's why it never was on the road it couldn't get on it Lol!!!! Good luck with the rest of the work.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:02 pm

i appreciate the luck wishes. i needs it after all of this.

we dropped the heads of at a machine shop to get a valve job and have that intake valve addressed. if they do a decent enough job we may have found a good place to take all of our rebuilds to.
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:58 pm

No sneak peek pictures....?
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:13 pm

nope. i always forget my camera before i head over to the shop. ill try to remember tomorrow.
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:30 pm

well i thought it would be another two weeks but we had an issue at the shop. our shop is in steve's back yard and his neighbors hate his family. especially b/c we all drive "rejected hippy crap" so they called the code enforcement on us. the wonderfully intelligent lady counted 8 non running vehicles in the yard and wrote us up for them. of course the cars don't run. 5 if them were turned off and parked. she gave us 7 days to get them out of the yard and pretty much screwed our time tables up. so we had to take some days off to clean everything up, rearrange the shop, move Steve Sr.'s 60's Ford truck out of the shop into the garage and move the 2 projects into the shop. we put my car on dollys so we can just back tiffanys car out of the shop and slide mine over to work on. i suppose it's our fault for being messy and not building a shop on my land. using a shop in suburbia just isn't a good idea. but we wanted to use what was available. maybe we'll build one next year? *shrug*

today we'll clean up a bit more and get rid of all the tires and scrap. hopefully we'll have my car finished my the poker run. hopefully.

the only thing left to do to it is to finish up the roof chop and reassemble. paint can wait. everything else is done. body work is just a pain to do.
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:36 pm

Man, i hate ass hole neighbors. i've got a few of them around. but i scared them off to tennesse, so its all good Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil . Maybe you need to have a party like bob did, and do a case burning. I'm sure they'll love looking at their window, at 20+ VW's parked in your yard. i'll be sure to take my stinger off just for the occasion Twisted Evil
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:45 am

if yall need any more machine work i can do any thing from line boreing to opening heads and cases and valve jobs and biger valvesjust pm or call 404-twofive9-threesevenzero0
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Bugman114 wrote:Man, i hate ass hole neighbors. i've got a few of them around. but i scared them off to tennesse, so its all good Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil . Maybe you need to have a party like bob did, and do a case burning. I'm sure they'll love looking at their window, at 20+ VW's parked in your yard. i'll be sure to take my stinger off just for the occasion Twisted Evil

OH ABSOLUTELY!! that is an amazing idea.
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by tito Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 pm

DOODLE BUGG wrote:if yall need any more machine work i can do any thing from line boreing to opening heads and cases and valve jobs and biger valvesjust pm or call 404-twofive9-threesevenzero0

thanks! we'll be in touch soon i think. after my car, and tiffany's car, we'll be building steve a new engine for his bay and chris a new engine for his bug. we'll definitely give you a try!
tito
tito
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next