Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+65
fearthefat138
dlandvw3
Evilrduck
alcpsy
70VWKG
Raggtop
daltondragger73
Terry 64
mtownbeetle70
jamrens
pwmcguire
hly3rd
Major62
scott
Hobug
Keyhole7
Muffler Bearing
camch
Rusty62
Laz
kstanle2
BugmanNDsun
drewBAKER
LB Bedwell
69panel
Treehive
Cave Man
vwovalchild
Tanbug
bakertim2
BKiller
39coupe
67vdub
rpm750
aircooledaddicts
tito
petervalle
vwkultur
Tanner
Damn-it Don
Cambur
vwtattooed
fluxcap
AlphaOmega
buggin70
Grifspop
57RTOval
adams77
sploval53
PeeWeeMan91
Bugman114
fried_chicken
68beetlebug
bagajo
DiggerD
callahan
Heinz57
ASBug
bumblebuggy
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Johnny
peregrine67
meinvw
zabo
DOODLE BUGG
69 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by DOODLE BUGG Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:22 am

68beetlebug wrote:All of Willy's lights inside and out are working! Wed night brakes and e brake. Last night new heater control cables. Got good stop and hold....and the heater works! YAY
cat
heaters are over rated who needs to stay warm any way just kidding that's awesome keep it up at least you will be warm this winter i have j tubes on every thing
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by zabo Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:45 am

speaking of heaters - anybody have any heater flaps for stale air boxes?
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:38 am

peregrine67 wrote:tried to get my fuel system working. The pump works when I wire it straight to the battery but doesn't work when I install it and try to turn it over. Is it a fuse somewhere, a voltage regulator, bad wire? who knows?

Probably a relay, you have a dual relay set-up on there. Is it still FI?
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:54 pm

meinvw wrote:
peregrine67 wrote:tried to get my fuel system working. The pump works when I wire it straight to the battery but doesn't work when I install it and try to turn it over. Is it a fuse somewhere, a voltage regulator, bad wire? who knows?

That's the conclusion I came to as well after looking over the schematic. Yup it's still FI and uses the dual relay.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Made my way to Stockornaut today and grabbed one of them thar windsheilds for my bay.Thanks again Billie.
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:44 am

fited the widscreen today again have a little more fiber glass to build up and it should be geting closer to the down hill slide
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:51 am

peregrine67 wrote:
meinvw wrote:

That's the conclusion I came to as well after looking over the schematic. Yup it's still FI and uses the dual relay.
I am pretty sure I have a few of those if you need one. Think I might even have a brand new one that I bought for an older bus and never used.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:26 pm

put the rest of engine back together in the 63....finally got it idling and running pretty good

also got the valves adjusted and the oil changed in jade.....still have to raise it up in the front a little so it can make it to cyw
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:59 am

Got in the bus to go to work today. Put the key in to crank it up and it (the key) promptly broke off in the switch in the run position. Quickly ran to the rear and disconnected the batt to save the ignition. I then hopped in the buggy for a, rather chilly, ride to work. Looks like I'll have to track down a switch and some keys today.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:49 am

bumblebuggy wrote:Got in the bus to go to work today. Put the key in to crank it up and it (the key) promptly broke off in the switch in the run position. Quickly ran to the rear and disconnected the batt to save the ignition. I then hopped in the buggy for a, rather chilly, ride to work. Looks like I'll have to track down a switch and some keys today.
If you have a bay and you can get the switch out, the key can be removed...
The tip of the key turnes the electrical portion and sticks out of the mechanical portion of the switch.
On an early bay, the switch is a real pain to get out and you'll need a hanger, if you already have an extra key, can't hurt to try.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Heinz57 Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:38 pm

The '59 is Nice and Legal to drive today.
Heinz57
Heinz57
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:10 pm

ASBug wrote:
bumblebuggy wrote:Got in the bus to go to work today. Put the key in to crank it up and it (the key) promptly broke off in the switch in the run position. Quickly ran to the rear and disconnected the batt to save the ignition. I then hopped in the buggy for a, rather chilly, ride to work. Looks like I'll have to track down a switch and some keys today.
If you have a bay and you can get the switch out, the key can be removed...
The tip of the key turnes the electrical portion and sticks out of the mechanical portion of the switch.
On an early bay, the switch is a real pain to get out and you'll need a hanger, if you already have an extra key, can't hurt to try.
KC

His is a split bus but he can still get the key out by taking the switch apart
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:13 pm

tried to get my old 165s mounted up but one of them has a big ol' knot in it
someone hook me up with a tire please lol
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by Heinz57 Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Are you looking for a new or used one? I have a friend (Derrick) that works at Mission Tire in Cartersville, he's a former VW guy, can get you a new tire. Not sure about a used one?

Missions # 770-382-4697

Danny
Heinz57
Heinz57
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Replaced the regulator that was about to fail in the 71. Running good now with no more intermitent gen light. cheers

Thanks to Gary for the parts..... Wink
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bagajo Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:53 am

Woke up at 6. Going to clean it. Still haven't started.

bagajo
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:46 pm

bought a lawn mower today every one is going to want one of these i helped put it together in 95 finaly got it its a special carfts man rider pics tomorrow when the suns out go a head and remember don't be hatting i leave you thinking on this
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:54 pm

look at this some one help post pics an dot be hatten over my new lawn mower
What did you do to your volkswagen today? 62177_1467879061136_1358353187_31281125_588523_n
What did you do to your volkswagen today? 34404_1467879701152_1358353187_31281127_3875092_n
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by 68beetlebug Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:57 am

Michael welded in a new floor pan where the battery sits. There was a patch in there that consisted of about 12 metal "automotive parts" signs that had been layered and screwed togeter! Gonna clean those up and hang them in the buggy shop. He had to fashion new heater tubes? (those little pipes the cable runs through) and he put in a lighter/charging port so I can charge my dead phone. Smile
68beetlebug
68beetlebug
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-08-26

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1506093814

Back to top Go down

Post by fried_chicken Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

yesterday i rigged my heater boxes open with bungiee cords on way home from cyw so my kids had some heat.... and it worked great i thought my leg was gonna melt off.
fried_chicken
fried_chicken
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:43 pm

fried_chicken wrote:yesterday i rigged my heater boxes open with bungiee cords on way home from cyw so my kids had some heat.... and it worked great i thought my leg was gonna melt off.
LOL.
I need to do this to the Jap beetle in that some PO cut the heater cables about 2" from the output tube.
Any one ever put new heater cables in?
FChicken, perhaps we need to get together and figure this out....

I wish I had known you were going, I wanted to drive up, but didn't want to go alone and all the other locals here were driving faster cars...

KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm about to install new heater cables today. its actually one cable sorta. It has one end on it, that hooks to the lever, and has two cables comming from the one end, that goes to both heaterboxes. so you can't just replace one or the other. I haven't done it yet, but i was told it was a PITA to get the cables in the tubes in the tunnel. i'll let ya know by the end of today, asuming i don't give up half way thru Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWeeMan91 Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:36 pm

mike you wanna do mine while ur at it. lol
PeeWeeMan91
PeeWeeMan91
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Bugman114 wrote:I'm about to install new heater cables today. its actually one cable sorta. It has one end on it, that hooks to the lever, and has two cables comming from the one end, that goes to both heaterboxes. so you can't just replace one or the other. I haven't done it yet, but i was told it was a PITA to get the cables in the tubes in the tunnel. i'll let ya know by the end of today, asuming i don't give up half way thru Laughing
Mike, look and see if it would be possible to cut the old cable at the lever and hook a fishing line to them to fish the new ones back through the tube... (pull them from engine side...)
Just a thought
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by 68beetlebug Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Michael just put new Heater cables in a week or so ago. It was pretty quick and not to difficult. (Of course, I was just watching and holding the light Wink )
He would be more than happy to talk to any of ya'll......just give him a call! 770-584-0240
68beetlebug
68beetlebug
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-08-26

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1506093814

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next