What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:19 pm

I have put new cables in a 67 before and it was easy...

1964 Beetle "Pat"
1966 Chevy C10 swb fleetside
1967 Black Friday Bus

Bryce
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4962
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://forum.georgiadubs.com

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by peregrine67 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Replaced a fuel pump and got her back on the road. Many thanks to Jerome for helping me diagnose the problem.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

View user profile http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Got some new wheels in the mail Friday and went and picked them up today from Mom.

Just ordered me a set of tires for them should be in by the end of the week. $296 for a set of 17's.

Now if I can just get the 63 pulled off the pan and Pat bolted down by the club get together on Saturday..... Twisted Evil

1964 Beetle "Pat"
1967 Black Friday Bus

Bryce
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:37 pm

peregrine67 wrote:Replaced a fuel pump and got her back on the road. Many thanks to Jerome for helping me diagnose the problem.
Glad i could help, and thanks for the awning! Now that your up and running lets get those wipers fixed so you guys can come camping!!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

View user profile http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWeeMan91 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:37 pm

drove it and realized its leaking again! lol
PeeWeeMan91
PeeWeeMan91
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Put mine on Ebay
link to ebay add
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adams77 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Almost traded it for a 78 MG Midget.....then I came to my senses.

adams77
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:33 pm

Replaced the cracking snow tire on the T181 with a fresh tire all season radial. Now I'll actually trust it to drive somewhere!
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-11-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Got a new voltage regulator (thanks, Gary and Bobby) on the '67
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:41 am

Grifspop wrote:Got a new voltage regulator (thanks, Gary and Bobby) on the '67
I thought you'd sold the '67
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

View user profile http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:58 am

peregrine67 wrote:
Grifspop wrote:Got a new voltage regulator (thanks, Gary and Bobby) on the '67
I thought you'd sold the '67

Yeah, I traded some cash and home remodeling for the '67, but I didn't feel right sending it off with the charging system not working properly.
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:53 am

getting my carb rebuilt at lindy's
hopefully all will be good when i get it back
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Drove the 57 to work in Marietta today, zipping along at 70 on 575. I'll be happier when I get the 68 trans stuffed in there to get the RPMs down a bit.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2008-11-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Watched as the '67 went to it's new home today
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 pm

ASBug wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:I'm about to install new heater cables today. its actually one cable sorta. It has one end on it, that hooks to the lever, and has two cables comming from the one end, that goes to both heaterboxes. so you can't just replace one or the other. I haven't done it yet, but i was told it was a PITA to get the cables in the tubes in the tunnel. i'll let ya know by the end of today, asuming i don't give up half way thru Laughing
Mike, look and see if it would be possible to cut the old cable at the lever and hook a fishing line to them to fish the new ones back through the tube... (pull them from engine side...)
Just a thought
KC

I finally got around to installing them today, and it was easy as pie. took like 5 minutes. All you gotta do is undo the 13mm nut holding the lever on, pull the lever out, along with the cable still attached (might want to cover the side of the passenger seat, as the cable is dirty). park the car on a slight hill, so the front end is higher, Spray a whole can of brake cleaner thru each tube. when you pull the cables out, the tubes are right there, at the opening of the tube, so theres no guessing where the tubes are. the tubes are stacked ontop of each other. the bottom one (which sticks out farther), gets the longer of the two cables. be sure to unwind the cables, so they aren't twisted as they go in. Anyhoo, spray the brake cleaner thru the tubes. a LOT of crap came out. there was some rust, but mostly old grease. anyhoo, after that i put the ends of the cables in the holes, then used my finger to grease the hell out of the cable as i shoved it thru. grease it really good, all the way to the end. On thr bottom tube, the cables didn't want to go all the way thru, so i took the old cable, and kinked it with some needle nose pliers, so it looked like the edges of a saw blade, and then ran it thru from the engine side, and shoved it back and fourth, and it grabbed a lot of crap still in there. the cable finally went thru. Be sure to removed the rubber boots at the end of the tube as well. after the cables go all the way down, put the rubber boots back on. hook the lever back on, and be sure to to put the two plastic washers back on (one on either side of the lever), then the little metal retainer thing, that fits into a slot into the tunnel. and tighten down the 13mm nut. don't go too tight, or the lever won't move, lol. My lever is now buttery smoothe, and activates the heater boxes nice.

Now i just gotta get the left box back on, and the fat tubes that go from the boxes to the body, and i'm set.

does any one know how the factory attached the levers to the heater box? the one that the heater cables to connected to? The peg is pretty much even with the outside of the lever. i just used a pushnut on the inside part of the lever. it holds them oin nice, just womndering how the factory did it.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:41 pm

barrel nuts like on the trottle cable
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:33 pm

no, i mean what attaches the lever onto the heaterbox. you have that peg that stick out of the side, and another identical peg on the lever attached to the flaps. that first peg, is where the long lever goes that the cable attaches too. I'm just wondering how VW made that lever stay on that peg.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Ordered bumper from Wolfsburg West for the Oval
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:45 pm

mike idk then haha

i replaced the rear wheel cylinders and all the hardware and the shoes

then i fixed the starter so it starts now!!!!!!!!!!
=]
=]

no i need to find some vr1 10 30

no one carries it now
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:49 pm

got impounded!
some insurance goof up hopefully be able to get it out as soon as i get ahold of the insurance company in the morning

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 2 102_0610

i thought this part was particularly funny, he classified my whole car as being slightly damaged lol

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 2 102_0611
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphaOmega on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:53 pm

Slight damage to the WHOLE car hahaha that's great........ Shocked
AlphaOmega
AlphaOmega
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:58 pm

GOT IMPOUNDED.....
If that were to happen to me not only would i change insurance companies but i would have to come up with bail money from chewing some a@$.....
Johnny
Johnny
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.atvw.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:24 pm

That sucks Callahan. Hopefully they will get it straightened out.

I actually did this Wednesday. NO CRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 2 CIMG0606

Funny thing is, this one is actually just a tad bit to dang small. The rubber is just barely hanging on around the bottom corners to keep from curling under. Hopefully it will seal good enough to keep water out. I'm just thrilled to actually have real glass versus the plexi. I guess I had just gotten accustomed to the scratches and haze on the plexiglass, it's so crystal clear looking out this thing!

On the down side, I HAVE GOT to get my fuel pressure/leaky carb issue fixed ASAP. Took it for a spin yesterday and noticed the carb leaking as soon as I shut it down. I've already cut the pushrod down some and have a huge stack of gaskets under the fuel pump, but I guess the pressure is still just too high! I'm going to get on that issue as soon as I get back from vacation.

It's like, how much more black could this be, and the answer is none.......none more black.

1962 ragtop beetle
1966 camper bus - Bocephus
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:26 pm

about time Eric! Very Happy

1964 Beetle "Pat"
1967 Black Friday Bus

Bryce
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:43 pm

throw a pressure guage on there temporarily and see what the the pressure is. if its too high you can prolly just grind down the pushrod a little, and polish it out so it'll be smoothe. or try and find a thicker fuel pump stand. those aftermarket ones come in all different lengths (quality control sucks, lol). Sounds like a PITA issue your having, lol. Maybe get a fuel pressure regulator. i'm sure mike chambers, or VWtattoed can give you a good recommendation on whats good (i know the mr.gasket, and holley regulators suck)

where is it leaking from?
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next