What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Grifspop on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:02 pm

I think that's God's way of telling you it's time to upgrade to a doghouse shroud
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Finished detailing the other three sprint stars that came off the square....what a pain
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 1sprintdetailing
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 2sprintdetailing
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 3sprintdetailing

1964 Beetle "Pat"
1966 Chevy C10 swb fleetside
1967 Black Friday Bus

Bryce
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4962
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile http://forum.georgiadubs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Those look great!
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Bedwell on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Definitely hard work, but worth every cuss word when masking them off!
LB Bedwell
LB Bedwell
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:49 pm

LB Bedwell wrote:Definitely hard work, but worth every cuss word when masking them off!
I used to cuss the rims when painting them but learned to use vasoline where I would use tape and armor-all on the rubber. have even stared using vasoline for graphics, brush it on and paint....try it!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

View user profile http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by LB Bedwell on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:35 pm

meinvw wrote:
LB Bedwell wrote:Definitely hard work, but worth every cuss word when masking them off!
I used to cuss the rims when painting them but learned to use vasoline where I would use tape and armor-all on the rubber. have even stared using vasoline for graphics, brush it on and paint....try it!
how about the fine detailed lines, how thick/ and how do apply it on, I have heard folks using it but no details.
LB Bedwell
LB Bedwell
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Started working on the gas tank for the square. It was already blasted down to bare metal but left to flash rust. So after some wire brushing and a coat of rust bullet the bottom half is almost done. It was really too cold to be using the rust bullet without a roller so it is a little lumpy but it goes under the car anyway...

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Downsize2t
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Downsize33

1964 Beetle "Pat"
1967 Black Friday Bus

Bryce
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:40 pm

LB Bedwell wrote:
meinvw wrote:
how about the fine detailed lines, how thick/ and how do apply it on, I have heard folks using it but no details.

X2. sounds like a really good idea.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by callahan on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 pm

got new fan installed only to discover a problem with my alternator
callahan
callahan
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1271
Registration date : 2010-02-06

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1030359664

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:56 am

Bugman114 wrote:
LB Bedwell wrote:
meinvw wrote:

X2. sounds like a really good idea.

Pretty much use different artist brushes. On rims soak the tires down heavily with armorall and use a rag with a cleanner or degreaser on the rim itself. Any place you do not want the paint to stick paint on the vasoline with the brushes. Paint and when its dry just wipe off the vasoline. You might want to play a bit on a similar piece of metal and the paint you use. Vasoline is petroleum based and will actually remove some paints if not fully cured.
For graphics I am no artist so have to think out the design and paint layers and use an overhead projector. Have had some old bugs in the past that i just wanted to spray and do it quickly, so brushed on the vasoline on the handles and glass seals. Spray them down, use a razor to clean the glass and done. Not as good as taping the car up but I hate taping and its a bit quicker! Laziness at its best. Laughing
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

View user profile http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Worked on putting O Bugga back together today. Main thing left to do is get the engine I have for it running and in....

1964 Beetle "Pat"
1967 Black Friday Bus

Bryce
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Finally got around to hooking up the heat in the 71............... cheers
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:52 am

DiggerD wrote:Finally got around to hooking up the heat in the 71............... cheers
heck digger its all most spring time now
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

View user profile http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:55 am

DOODLE BUGG wrote:
DiggerD wrote:Finally got around to hooking up the heat in the 71............... cheers
heck digger its all most spring time now

Yeah, but I'll be ready for next winter.......................... Razz
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Treehive on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:09 am

Finally got off my lazy ass and put the engine back in the Hive yesterday. It slipped right in with no issue. Finally got the idle set to about 1000 rpm (if i try to take it any lower, it just dies out on me...its like the idle screw has one sweet spot) and the timing is set to 28 deg BTDC at full advance....so all that is looking good....[b]BUT she is still leaking oil....I am f**cking perplexed. It's not the oil cooler, oil pressure sender, dizzy, valve cover, taco plate.....bah humbug
Treehive
Treehive
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-07-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:47 am

Treehive wrote:Finally got off my lazy ass and put the engine back in the Hive yesterday. It slipped right in with no issue. Finally got the idle set to about 1000 rpm (if i try to take it any lower, it just dies out on me...its like the idle screw has one sweet spot) and the timing is set to 28 deg BTDC at full advance....so all that is looking good....[b]BUT she is still leaking oil....I am f**cking perplexed. It's not the oil cooler, oil pressure sender, dizzy, valve cover, taco plate.....bah humbug

Where do you see the oil? Can you see the general area it is coming from or is it just a spot under the bus?
Was the engine case decked before it was rebuilt? If not, that could be part of the problem. Most bus cases need to be decked before rebuilding these days.

Does it leak just sitting or after running? Give us some more deatils and maybe we can figure it out.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1325
Registration date : 2008-07-22

View user profile http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Treehive on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 am

Hobug wrote:
Treehive wrote:Finally got off my lazy ass and put the engine back in the Hive yesterday. It slipped right in with no issue. Finally got the idle set to about 1000 rpm (if i try to take it any lower, it just dies out on me...its like the idle screw has one sweet spot) and the timing is set to 28 deg BTDC at full advance....so all that is looking good....[b]BUT she is still leaking oil....I am f**cking perplexed. It's not the oil cooler, oil pressure sender, dizzy, valve cover, taco plate.....bah humbug

Where do you see the oil? Can you see the general area it is coming from or is it just a spot under the bus?
Was the engine case decked before it was rebuilt? If not, that could be part of the problem. Most bus cases need to be decked before rebuilding these days.

Does it leak just sitting or after running? Give us some more deatils and maybe we can figure it out.

I'm going to pressure wash the engine to remove as much of the oil and guck as much as i can and then run it to see if i can locate the source of the leak. I'll have some more details in the next couple of days..
Treehive
Treehive
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2008-07-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 am

tht sucks teddy - you took it back to the builder?

some refreshing in progress...
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 01230110

zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

View user profile http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Topped off the gas and drove her around all day just to get an idea if my recent valve adjustment made the gas mileage better or worse. Looks like worse. Gas gauge is reading half a tank and I've only gone about 70 miles. running just fine but really eating the gas.
So I decided to get the heat fixed before it got cold again. While adjusting the cables and installing those tubes from the heat exchangers, I noticed that the boots on the CV joints had finally dry rotted. Looks like I have another project.
Then Sunday, while buttoning up stuff so I could go bowling with the Aircooled Addicts, my mother-in-law and my neightbor backed into each other right in front of my driveway. No VWs were harmed, just a Toyota and a PT Cruiser.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

View user profile http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Got my new exhaust from Vintagespeed in today:
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Exh3

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Exh4

It's the 42mm hidden set-up for lowered busses. I met Mr. Lee last year at Winterjam and was very impressed by his workmanship. His exhaust systems are all stainless and each one is hand built. Looks like I have two projects to finish now........... Embarassed
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scott on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:27 pm

looks nice- cant wait to hear it!! see ya this week -?
scott
scott
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Got the front beam dropped off to Tim and got the rolling frame work table built for the reassembly. Gathering parts tomorrow. Headed out to Lindys tomorrow.
Here is a pic of the finished pan on the table. I was able to put on the final coat of paint yesterday. I used an enamel paint for tractors and farm implements. Very hard and chip resistant. Got it from Tractor Supply to paint one of my trailers and had 3/4 gallon left so I said why not. It went on very nice and very shinny. Here are a couple pics I took last night with my phone. Get better pics tomorrow.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 IMG_2509
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 IMG_2508
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

View user profile http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Got the Vintagespeed header & exhaust installed this afternoon. Cool The install went as planned and everything fit together with no tweaking!! Wink The tail pipe just peaks out from under the bumper and it has a nice mellow sound. It feels like I gained some performance and it is alot smoother accelerating and running thru the gears, but I would need to dyno it again to be sure. Anyway, here's some pics:

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Exhinst1

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Exhinst2

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Exhinst3

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Exhinst4

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 20 Exhinst5
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:48 pm

damn tht looks nice
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

View user profile http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Your going to need a couple of mirrors to lay under the back bumper at shows now so people can see that thing!
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next