Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown March 11, 2012 Reynolds, GA

+27
tronview
DiggerD
SkyDawg
DOODLE BUGG
callahan
dlandvw3
DubsforLife
PeeWeeMan91
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
bumblebuggy
Red hot pony
atye
Pharriswheel
shaky
overspray
davebuckholts
Raggtop
Knumb Knucks
64 Deluxe
vwfanatic67
rpm750
SavannahVW
camch
fluxcap
vwtattooed
bakertim2
southeastvw
31 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown March 11, 2012 Reynolds, GA Empty SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown March 11, 2012 Reynolds, GA

Post by southeastvw Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Just a heads up for 2012!
Sunday March 11 we will be back at Silver Dollar Dragway in Reynolds, Ga!

We have decided this year not to have the Dyno Day, although we will still do the cruise in on Saturday in Warner Robins. Details on that will be available at a later date.

What are yall sugguestions/comments for this event?
Let's hear them!

southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://www.sevwa.com

Back to top Go down

SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown March 11, 2012 Reynolds, GA Empty Re: SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown March 11, 2012 Reynolds, GA

Post by southeastvw Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Would love to have you all's input on this event, since this is one so close to all of you.
Please let us know what we can do better to improve.

Thoughts on the car show area? We had top 20 this year.

Swap meet special in 2011 was $30 and included your admission, but still didn't get very many.

Comments, sugguestions......all are welcome.
We want to be able to provide a FUN event for all of our GA Enthusiasts as well as the surrounding states.
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown March 11, 2012 Reynolds, GA Empty Re: SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown March 11, 2012 Reynolds, GA

Post by bakertim2 Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:24 pm

I may not be going this time round. Last year I was there for the campout on Saturday night and left Sunday morning to go get some breakfast. When I got back with my wife and daughter, they charged me again. It cost me 45 dollars to get back in. It's just too much money to get in down there.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:33 pm

bakertim2 wrote:I may not be going this time round. Last year I was there for the campout on Saturday night and left Sunday morning to go get some breakfast. When I got back with my wife and daughter, they charged me again. It cost me 45 dollars to get back in. It's just too much money to get in down there.
I am sorry that happened to you. Did you pay me the night before when we went around the campfire? If so, all you had to do was show your tickets to them. If you had any problem all you had to do was ask them to contact me and I would have cleared it up.

I really wish that we could go down on gate admission, but since this is a Drag Racing Facility it is a little different then just a show and swap. We have an overall track rental that we have to deal with and it isn't cheap.

We welcome any of your suggestions and comments. I understand about the $45 for 3 of you. I have to do that with my family when we go to other events, since I only have one under 12 now!

Will be looking into a cruise-in again in Warner Robins as well.
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:33 pm

cost seems to be an issue for everyone...this definately is not the cheapest show around. i usually enjoy this show, but last year it was a little thin. i would like to see this show stay a major show...but it's gotta be affordable!! believe me...i understand about track/venue rental cost...maybe you should sit down with them and explain they will either make less money, or no money! i have been to Friday night events and the gate fee is less...

Last edited by vwtattooed on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:36 pm

vwtattooed wrote:cost seems to be an issue for everyone...this definately is not the cheapest show around. i usually enjoy this show, but last year it was a little thin. i would like to see this show stay a major show...but it's gotta be affordable!!

So may I ask you guys your sugguestions that it would make it better for everyone to come? We really want to keep everyone coming back, so this event can last for years to come. We only have one VW Drag Racing event in GA and this is the closest for most of us, even me.
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:45 pm

If I come out, it will just be me. I don't mind 15 bucks for just me. It just won't be a family outing anymore.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Don't know how to do it, but I wish there was a way to get more folks camping out at the track. I really enjoy the S&S cruise in and then hanging out the night before. Last year was nice since we didn't have to wait for the friday night drags to be over to get into the gate.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by camch Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:39 pm

I would really like to see or hear 1 thing, if a rule changes in your class take a vote from all drivers in the class, instead of 1's at the track,, a rule got changed in outlaw and i had no idea of it until i heard about it on the internet, i pay about 200.00 to race 1 race a year , and seems a little consideration goes a long way,we had planned on racing 3 races last year but when rules started changing we changed our plans , I am not traveling 2-3 hundred miles and not know the rules,, this is my thoughts

Regulations.... must have doors / Must be + or - 2in of factory wheelbase / no limits on engine or weight / can have Turbos, NOS, CARB, etc. All NHRA/IHRA Rules apply. Fiberglass buggies with shortened wheel base, will be voted on by participants before allowed to run in class

how is it that i have to have doors, and be + or -, but someone with a fiberglass dunebuggy with a shorten chassis and no doors can race , this was added after the march race and only certian people knew about it, and not me,
camch
camch
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://yubuggin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:22 pm

camch wrote:I would really like to see or hear 1 thing, if a rule changes in your class take a vote from all drivers in the class, instead of 1's at the track,, a rule got changed in outlaw and i had no idea of it until i heard about it on the internet, i pay about 200.00 to race 1 race a year , and seems a little consideration goes a long way,we had planned on racing 3 races last year but when rules started changing we changed our plans , I am not traveling 2-3 hundred miles and not know the rules,, this is my thoughts

Regulations.... must have doors / Must be + or - 2in of factory wheelbase / no limits on engine or weight / can have Turbos, NOS, CARB, etc. All NHRA/IHRA Rules apply. Fiberglass buggies with shortened wheel base, will be voted on by participants before allowed to run in class

how is it that i have to have doors, and be + or -, but someone with a fiberglass dunebuggy with a shorten chassis and no doors can race , this was added after the march race and only certian people knew about it, and not me,

Mike, back in 2010 when we had our Pro Outlaw class at certain events, those participants there voted on whether to let a Buggy race in the class. None of them had a problem with it, so they raced. This year we made this class a points series, many of the same participants raced and they were asked at the race and had no issues with it when this buggy came out to join in with the class. SEVWA doesn't make changes in the middle of the year to benefit anyone. Any changes within a class is talked about at our end of the year meeting and if any questions arise we email or call each racer for their vote, just like we did for putting Drag Night on our points schedule for 2011. I am sorry this has affected you the way it has. We are doing these events for all the VW Enthusiasts whether you are a racer, show car, swap meeter or just a spectator. We love this sport just like you do. We hope that you can come out and join us for more races, but we understand if your schedule or budget doesn't allow it.
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by camch Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Just so I get this straight you talked about it at the end of 2010 , then you sent a e-mail out about it,we started the year racing then, all of a sudden it got added in to the rules after march,sounds like a rule change to me,, as far as not being " in my schedule or budget" i dont remember saying anything about that, we ran 23 races last year with another orginazation, but it goes back to listening to you members, like what people have talked about above , again just my 2 cents
camch
camch
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://yubuggin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Registration has started for Silver Dollar Showdown.
Working on getting a host motel and the Cruise-In for Saturday night.

Camping Saturday night is Free. Times TBA as soon as I know the tracks schedule for Saturday.

If yall have any questions about the event, just let us know.
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi Kathy, Looks like the Silver Dollar Showdown may be my 10 year bus project maiden show. Check out some of the interior construction shots under the 60s Section "67 Savannah Bus" We're alot further along now. If we don't have a bunch of DKKs that want to leave Saturday morning, I might do the hotel deal. We'll watch for your posts. Mark
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Oh I can't wait to see it! It has been a long time coming!
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:07 am

Since there will be no Dyno pulls how about starting the S&S Cruise a little earlier, 3 or 4. That way we can pull out and get to the track to set up camp and it won't be so late. Just a thought.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:48 pm

rpm750 wrote:Since there will be no Dyno pulls how about starting the S&S Cruise a little earlier, 3 or 4. That way we can pull out and get to the track to set up camp and it won't be so late. Just a thought.

That cuts into bowling time Laughing . S&S a little earlier would be nice, but only if they aren't doing drags on Saturday night. If they are doing drags, we'll have to wait to get in anyways (or pay to get in).
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:01 pm

I will see about the times. We might have a deal with Hooters next door, as they asked about us coming last time.
As for as the track goes. I will have to see what the times are for that are and go from there.
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by vwfanatic67 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:09 pm

I think it would be a good idea to start the cruize in sooner. Lets plan on that maybe 3 till whenever. Hooters came and solicited us last year then when we took a big group over there they seemed to forget we were there. I think that steak and shake is a better parking lot and it is only walking distance to hooters. Like every year we will be bonefiring at my place afterward and anyone with a vw is welcome. byob on that. Good times by the fire. Cant wait.
vwfanatic67
vwfanatic67
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:32 pm

If you or a local shop needs some flyers, just let me know and I can get some out. Will be sending out flyers to all the shops I have. If you know of a shop that maybe I don't have, please let me know.

Hey Ray, check on that time with the Steak and Shake guys so we can confirm it and will get it posted on flyers and website.
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Show registration is open.
There are quite a few that have already registered.
There is no cost to pre-register, you will just pay day of show.

We have a new form to make it easier to register online.
http://www.kandlmotorsports.com/showform.htm
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Saturday March 10th happenings.
- 3pm Cruise-In at Steak n Shake in Warner Robins
2999 Watson Blvd, Warner Robins, Ga
- 6-10:30pm Camping & Vendor Setup Silver Dollar Raceway
If you wish to park your race trailer, setup your vending spot or camp, please come out within the times above. For those staying overnight, we will collect Admission money from you and give you a ticket for Sunday's event.

If you need a hotel room, make sure you call our host motel by the 25th to get the special rate!
Ramada Inn Perry, Ga exit 136, Must mention VW Race $62.99 + tax
Free Hot Buffet Breakfast! http://ramadaperry.com/
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 64 Deluxe Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:29 am

We'll be there Sunday....going to have to miss the Saturday cruise in this year due to other commitments though
64 Deluxe
64 Deluxe
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:49 pm

I am gonna be there Kathy Havnt decided on camping but want to be there early either way. What's admission fee? it will be me and my daughter.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 am

Knumb Knucks wrote:I am gonna be there Kathy Havnt decided on camping but want to be there early either way. What's admission fee? it will be me and my daughter.
Admission is $15 with 12 & under free
Gates open on Sunday at 8am

southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by vwfanatic67 Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:42 pm

That sucks Kat wish you guys could make the cruise in.
vwfanatic67
vwfanatic67
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next