Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown #12 March 10th Reynolds, Ga

+24
pwmcguire
kokodabobo
bakertim2
bulldawgdude
sploval53
Jon65
Clyde
Joe
bumblebuggy
stick29
type4revolution
redneck_davis
dlandvw3
scott
DiggerD
Raggtop
Hobug
Uglybug
Knumb Knucks
camch
fluxcap
bayboy87
SavannahVW
southeastvw
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown #12 March 10th Reynolds, Ga Empty SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown #12 March 10th Reynolds, Ga

Post by southeastvw Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:34 pm

Join us for the Season Opener for the East Coast's Premiere Drag Racing Series in Georgia on Sunday March 10th.

Held at Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, Ga.
Just two hours South of Atlanta and an hour from the Columbus, Ga area.

All VW Car Show, Drag Racing and Swap Meet. Featuring the Turbosmart Pro Outlaw Heads Up Drag Racing Class.

Swap meet is only $35 for a 10x10 space and includes one entry.
Show cars are $10
Admission $15 (12 and Under Free)
Gates open at 8am
Racing starts at 11

Saturday night Cruise-in Details to come.
More info located at http://www.kandlmotorsports.com/silverdollar/silverdollar.htm

Hope to see you there!

SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown #12 March 10th Reynolds, Ga 063
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://www.sevwa.com

Back to top Go down

SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown #12 March 10th Reynolds, Ga Empty Re: SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown #12 March 10th Reynolds, Ga

Post by SavannahVW Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi Kathy, Looking forward to Silverdollar Day. See you on the 10th!
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown #12 March 10th Reynolds, Ga Empty Re: SEVWA's Silver Dollar Showdown #12 March 10th Reynolds, Ga

Post by bayboy87 Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:06 pm

cant wait hope i dont get another ticket ! this year pulled a 58 in 35 coming into reanolds thankfully took it to court and judge dropped it just made me pay the fine.. bigtme speed trap coming into reynolds be careful! wanting to have the buggy done but not looking good!
bayboy87
bayboy87
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:54 am

bayboy87 wrote:cant wait hope i dont get another ticket ! this year pulled a 58 in 35 coming into reanolds thankfully took it to court and judge dropped it just made me pay the fine.. bigtme speed trap coming into reynolds be careful! wanting to have the buggy done but not looking good!

yep! You got to pay attention to that 35mph coming into Reynolds! Sorry to hear about the ticket!

Will have a pdf of the flyer up soon so yall can spread the word.

Thanks!
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 am

Hey Kathy, do you know if we'll be able to get in early again this year on Saturday night? (ie....do they have an event at the track on Saturday night?)
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by camch Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:22 am

Can't wait.
camch
camch
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://yubuggin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:49 am

Ill be there Kathy. Look forward to seeing yall at Coop Show.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Uglybug Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:44 am

Fifteen dollar admission ? DANG
Uglybug
Uglybug
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Only a few weeks away!

Yes $15 admission. 12 and under Free

Also check out this event happening the same weekend. Dukes of Hazzard Georgia Reunion at Middle GA Raceway in Bryon.
http://www.dukesofhazzardgareunion.com/Home_Page.php

Cruise-In planned for Saturday afternoon at the Steak n Shake in Warner Robins at 3pm.

Camping and pre-show setup will be available on Saturday evening. There is a race going on, so plan to pay an admission if you come in early. Gates at 1pm. Test and Tune will be available for those that would like to. Check Silver Dollar's website for all the details.
http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/Hard-Tire-S-O.html
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Uglybug wrote:Fifteen dollar admission ? DANG

I'm thinking the same thing. $15 x 2 of us + food + gas = no money left for swap meet or anything else. scratch

I think I'm gonna miss this one.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Dude. Renting the track to supply the racing entertainment cost money. $15 is as much as a movie. This is live entertainment. Your going to spend $$ on food that day somewhere anyway. Bring your own cooler if you want. No rules against it. Where else can you hangout with nice VW folk and some cool dubs on hopefully a nice day. $10 bucks to show your ride is also pretty cheap. Most shows start at $20 and up.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:44 pm

SavannahVW wrote:Dude. Renting the track to supply the racing entertainment cost money. $15 is as much as a movie. This is live entertainment. Your going to spend $$ on food that day somewhere anyway. Bring your own cooler if you want. No rules against it. Where else can you hangout with nice VW folk and some cool dubs on hopefully a nice day. $10 bucks to show your ride is also pretty cheap. Most shows start at $20 and up.

Well, I don't go to movies because they cost too much, I eat at home, I have nothing to show, and I have to save my $$ so Jeff will build me an engine. Twisted Evil

Seriously, with the cost of everything these days, I have to pick and choose the shows I go to.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggtop Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:49 pm

lol True True!
Raggtop
Raggtop
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2010-12-30

http://dkk-savannah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SavannahVW Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Well....you will get your $$ worth with the Autohaus build. Just thought I would try to talk you into coming if you were on the fence. See ya next time.
SavannahVW
SavannahVW
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:55 am

I think I may pass on this one as well, especially with the rising gas prices! Shocked

BTW, what is an "autohaus" build?
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:10 am

DiggerD wrote:

BTW, what is an "autohaus" build?

That is Jeff's (Type4Revoltion) shop. Once I raise some more $$ Jeff is going to build my type 4 for the Westy.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 am

Oh ok, now it makes sense...... Razz
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm

I think on still going !! Digger if you want to ride with me let me know lol taking the minivan lol.
scott
scott
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:41 pm

We'll be there for sure. We'll be bringing the 72 Super that we're doing the 7 Day rebuild on. We'll finish is the Thursday before and we're taking it to a few car shows before we donate it to the Children's Home to Auction! Can't wait, should be camping too that Saturday night
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by redneck_davis Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 am

Raising money for jeffs wallet here too. Looks like the new 1641 is dead. .
How late yall working everyday? Gnna roll up fri afternoon its looking like. Maybe earlier for a full day to help the build. Dukefest saturday and hoping to stop by the show sunday on the way home.itll be nice to put a few faces with the screenamnes
redneck_davis
redneck_davis
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by type4revolution Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Sounds like a good time lookiing forward to seeing you all there / FYI for those of you that have booked an engine build by 10 march. I will be paying your entry to the track day of show as appreciation to keeping you local vw guy alive. cheers
type4revolution
type4revolution
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by southeastvw Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:53 pm

I am sorry to hear that some of you guys can't make it. I understand about the gas prices, but we are only here one time a year and we certainly appreciate your support to keep these events going for the future.

Most of you will not need a motel, since this event is close to you. But if you do, here is our Host motel
For Silver Dollar Showdown this Sunday in Reynolds, Ga
For those of you that will need a motel....check this one out. We have used them for quite a few years and you get a Buffet Breakfast with it.
Ramada Inn Perry, Ga exit 136
$69.99 + tax
Free Hot Buffet Breakfast!
http://www.ramada.com/hotels/georgia/perry/ramada-perry-hotel-and-conference-center/hotel-overview?partner_id&hotel_id=24973&campaign_code&propId=RA24973&checkout_date=03%2F10%2F2013&brand_id=RA&children=0&corporate_id&ratePlan=BAR&teens=0&affiliate_id&iata&rate_code&adults=2&checkin_date=03%2F09%2F2013&rooms=1

There are also plenty of other hotels at exit 136 or if you are coming from the North check the Bryon Exit 149

Saturday March 9th happenings
- 3pm Cruise-In at Steak n Shake in Warner Robins
2999 Watson Blvd, Warner Robins, Ga

- Camping & Vendor Setup Silver Dollar Raceway Saturday evening 7-11pm.
If you wish to park your race trailer, setup your vending spot or camp, please come out within the times above. For those staying overnight, we will collect Admission money from you and give you a ticket for Sunday's event. There is an event that day at the track, so we will not be able to setup until they are done. If you arrive before 6pm, you may still have to pay their admission to the event.
southeastvw
southeastvw
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by stick29 Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:50 pm

this will be my first trip down there will there be a lot of venders selling parts
stick29
stick29
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:09 pm

I'll be headed out Sunday morning. Dad and I will meet at the McDonalds on 19/41 in Griffin (Across from Ingles) where 19 and 41 split. At 9:00am we will leave and cruise down hwy 19 to the show. All are encouraged to to join the convoy.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:11 am

Looks like I"m going to miss this year. Still working on the bus.

Joe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 219

http://ATVW.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum