Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+79
ggaagg57
LungTube
59suicide
720boy
vdubbers
SavannahVW
Do Work 93YJ
Beetle Bailey
macollins105
tronview
Laz
Johnny
shaky
blupuick
Clyde
39coupe
Major62
dirtyd73
56rag
panic_fan
vwkultur
bulldawgdude
ping349n
rican11
65type2dailydriver
Brooks424
Geib
57RTOval
laith
tmerritt
primer00
type901
fifty9singlecab
67vdub
Cave Man
jerryg66
Raggtop
rpm750
casey.adams
loves trim
vwtattooed
aircooledaddicts
86vwgti8v
johnvalkennedy
68buggirrl
68beetlebug
adams77
meinvw
stasher1
ASBug
buggin70
callahan
Wildo
drewBAKER
Muffler Bearing
pwmcguire
PeeWeeMan91
camch
DiggerD
jamrens
zabo
Hobug
frehstan
fried_chicken
sploval53
LB Bedwell
BKiller
bumblebuggy
Knumb Knucks
hly3rd
vwovalchild
Damn-it Don
bakertim2
DOODLE BUGG
Bugman114
Grifspop
fluxcap
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
peregrine67
83 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Grifspop Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:03 pm

peregrine67 wrote:New points, condenser and fuel pump and we crunk her up.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 434
She idled nice and smoothly.
Brought it home and reinstalled it.

Nice!! Very Happy Very Happy
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by BKiller Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Checked out the wheels I bought for the SP2 off the samba.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 B61b66d0
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Nice! Love those wheels
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Pedrini's, cool!

Did you get the lugnuts with them?

Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:50 am

Grifspop wrote:Pedrini's, cool!

Nope. Just the center caps. Still have to make the investment in lugs.
They aren't cheap! Shocked
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:47 am

BKiller wrote:
Grifspop wrote:Pedrini's, cool!

Nope. Just the center caps. Still have to make the investment in lugs.
They aren't cheap! Shocked

I purchased some for my 2.oL alloys from this guy on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-CHROME-LUG-BOLTS-LUGS-PORSCHE-914-ALLOY-WHEELS-/320744900901?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aade2c925#ht_1506wt_1079

The ones you need are for the Porsche ball seat, otherwise the lug bolt won't seat properly in the wheel

But that's what you have to deal with when running real Porsche wheels instead of the replicas

Good Luck!! The wheels should look really good on the SP2, they're an inch wider than the stock VW wheels, but the extra inch goes inside instead of sticking out
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:22 pm

worked on dads car today......changed one leaking wheel cylinder, did the rear brakes, changed 3 out of 4 brake hoses, and installed one lowered spring on the front

hope to finish up the rest tomorrow....repack bearings, grind the lip off the drums so the wheels will go on, install the other spring and brake hose, bleed and test drive
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Got an awful lot done on Judy today. Cleaned and replaced the fuel lines, replaced brake lines, almost completed rebuilding the brakes, new rear axle seal, oil change, etc.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Took a few minutes at lunch today and did a little work on the spare engine I picked up a while back. It had some chrome type3 cylinder tin on it and I wanted to go back to an all type I tin setup. Had to pull the heads and pushrod tubes to get the type3 tin off. Got my doghouse setup mounted and cleaned up some more of the case from where the oil cooler seals had leaked some time ago.

Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed when I pulled the heads and found 85.5 pistons instead of 87s. Looks like it's just a 1600 and not a 1641 after all Crying or Very sad. Still happy with it though! Very Happy

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 1195786353_photobucket_286_

Edit: Just to be clear, I was not disappointed with the person that sold me the engine. I'm good friends with the seller and wholeheartedly believe he thought it was a 1641 when he sold it. Just meant I was disappointed to learn I would have a little less power! Smile

Last edited by fluxcap on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Went to Pro Flow last night. Talk about service. They were closed and I called. They came back up to the store opened back up for me. Bought 36HP no heat dog house cooler shroud (new) oil pump, op switch, push rod tubes, flywheel dowel pins, and new pressure relief valves and springs.
Steve your the best!!! Thanks

Last edited by vwovalchild on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Then went to buffalo wild wings with Tim Baker. Here Tim is enjoying himself
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 67b8321f
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Is he throwing the peace sign? ................or just ordering two more beers! Razz
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:59 pm

YES!!!
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Both beers in the pic are his. Never seen anybody have trouble deciding weather bottle or tap. Laughing
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:35 pm

sooo i cut up the doner 2 for the patch panels and pan that i need for swampass stripping and cutting up the ghia tomorrow getting the disc brake balljoint beam out of the 67 GHIA PARTS ARE STARTING TO COME TOGETHER

its almost time to take scrap metal from old volks off....... sure to be fun
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:58 am

full flowed my 72 today. first time i ever did it with the motor still in the car. only took me about 5 hours (that includes trips to home depot, and advance). one thing i forgot to do is prime the pump. started it up and no pressure. realized what the problem was, and pumped some oil backwards to the oil pump and forwards past the filter (i had already filled the filter) to the engine, and all was well. nice oil pressure. next is to add a small 6 pass oil cooler i bought 3 years ago at BAP. It doesn't have a fan or anything, and its not a very efiecient cooler, so it shouldn't have any problems with oil getting to proper temp, but it should help a little on these really hot days.

I mounted the filter in the fender, and instead of trying to route rubber hoses past the exhaust, i bought a bunch of assorted 3/8 pipes and elbows, and routed the pipe past the exhaust. so i only have about 6 inches of rubber hose for the inlet and outlet. worked great. and i don't have to worry about the rubber hoses being too close to the exhaust.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by camch Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 pm

got my squareback out did alot of adjustin on the dual carbs and got it running great ,now just have to get out and drive the thing after seting for 3 years
camch
camch
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://yubuggin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWeeMan91 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 pm

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 5808de60
I changed my tire on my way to work.
PeeWeeMan91
PeeWeeMan91
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:54 am

wtf? never seen that before
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:09 am

I guess a 7/16 wrench is good for something.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWeeMan91 Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:25 am

Yeah it sucked
PeeWeeMan91
PeeWeeMan91
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:44 am

I know how it sounds when your driving down the road with a screw protruding from your tire (thud, thud, thud....). I can't imagine the sound you get with 3 inches of a wrench sticking out your tire. Shocked
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by PeeWeeMan91 Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:16 am

Not any pretty words
PeeWeeMan91
PeeWeeMan91
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by pwmcguire Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Bugman114 wrote:full flowed my 72 today. first time i ever did it with the motor still in the car. only took me about 5 hours (that includes trips to home depot, and advance). one thing i forgot to do is prime the pump. started it up and no pressure. realized what the problem was, and pumped some oil backwards to the oil pump and forwards past the filter (i had already filled the filter) to the engine, and all was well. nice oil pressure. next is to add a small 6 pass oil cooler i bought 3 years ago at BAP. It doesn't have a fan or anything, and its not a very efiecient cooler, so it shouldn't have any problems with oil getting to proper temp, but it should help a little on these really hot days.

I mounted the filter in the fender, and instead of trying to route rubber hoses past the exhaust, i bought a bunch of assorted 3/8 pipes and elbows, and routed the pipe past the exhaust. so i only have about 6 inches of rubber hose for the inlet and outlet. worked great. and i don't have to worry about the rubber hoses being too close to the exhaust.

Now I know who to ask when I do mine. Very Happy
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by frehstan Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:18 pm

PeeWeeMan91 wrote:What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 4 5808de60
I changed my tire on my way to work.

I once had to change a tire on I-185 on the way back from Florida with all family and luggage to remove to access tools and the spare. With I got the shreded tire replaced they handed part of a wrench and 2 screwdriver shafts. I know your pain...
frehstan
frehstan
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next