Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+79
ggaagg57
LungTube
59suicide
720boy
vdubbers
SavannahVW
Do Work 93YJ
Beetle Bailey
macollins105
tronview
Laz
Johnny
shaky
blupuick
Clyde
39coupe
Major62
dirtyd73
56rag
panic_fan
vwkultur
bulldawgdude
ping349n
rican11
65type2dailydriver
Brooks424
Geib
57RTOval
laith
tmerritt
primer00
type901
fifty9singlecab
67vdub
Cave Man
jerryg66
Raggtop
rpm750
casey.adams
loves trim
vwtattooed
aircooledaddicts
86vwgti8v
johnvalkennedy
68buggirrl
68beetlebug
adams77
meinvw
stasher1
ASBug
buggin70
callahan
Wildo
drewBAKER
Muffler Bearing
pwmcguire
PeeWeeMan91
camch
DiggerD
jamrens
zabo
Hobug
frehstan
fried_chicken
sploval53
LB Bedwell
BKiller
bumblebuggy
Knumb Knucks
hly3rd
vwovalchild
Damn-it Don
bakertim2
DOODLE BUGG
Bugman114
Grifspop
fluxcap
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
peregrine67
83 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Broke fuel pump on the way to work tonight. Had to be rescued by the wife. Second fuel pump to crap out in two years. I'll be adding a spare to my emergency kit now.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by frehstan Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:16 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:Broke fuel pump on the way to work tonight. Had to be rescued by the wife. Second fuel pump to crap out in two years. I'll be adding a spare to my emergency kit now.

I had the pin fall out on the way to work two weeks ago. There it sat next to the Alternator stand, I was able to pull the pump enough to get the pin in and be on my way. I ment to swap it with a spare I had carried in the bus until about two months prior but didn't. Two nights later same thing happened and got a ride with a co-worker who stopped. Next morning I went back found the pin, put it in, got started turned around on the way home and made it about 150 yards before the pin fell out again. I tried to work on the pump for about 30 minutes before realizing the pivoting piece had wallowed out and even rigging with screws drill bits and the like would not get it to pump. I too called for backup, the wife, I took a pic of the pump on my phone set it to her and described the blue and yellow box it was in. She arrived in about 35 minutes I got it in and started and with the carb stuck on full throttle due to some rushed carb priming I made to a gas station to fix the carb and fill up. This is my third pump in about 5 years. I found the old leaking one with a good pin and will maybe make the wallowed one live again.
Sorry if this is a hi-jack.
frehstan
frehstan
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:51 am

I learned that POR15 is like poison ivy. you get any of that stuff on you and you keep it for a few weeks.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:39 am

After seeing several pins fall out of fuel pumps, I started peening and JB Welding the pins in.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:44 pm

i went electric, and never looked back, lol.

spent the day testing 2 different exhausts. I've been running just a header for a while now, and got tired of it. first tried a quietpack. the low end was nice, but on the top end it was struggling. yanked that shit off, and went with a welded up pipe from an old stinger flange. was running it before, but hated the horrible lack of power. discovered that the PO welded a big fat nut on the inside for some reason, and a smaller tube on the end that only had a 1/2'' hole. so all the exhaust had to flow thru that tiny hole. so i cut that stuff out so its clear, and now it runs MUCH better. nice bottom and top end. Its basically the same as running a stinger, cept has a deeper tone, but from the inside it sounds like a lawnmower Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:34 am

Broke two 1/2" breaker bars tryng to loosen up the 36mm bolts to do the rear brakes. Thanks for the help Pete. Sorry to break your tools.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:36 am

peregrine67 wrote:Broke two 1/2" breaker bars tryng to loosen up the 36mm bolts to do the rear brakes. Thanks for the help Pete. Sorry to break your tools.
You and Pete need to chip in $30 each, and get the torque tool to share. It's well worth the money and you'll use it for life!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:35 am

good idea.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 am

peregrine67 wrote:Broke two 1/2" breaker bars tryng to loosen up the 36mm bolts to do the rear brakes. Thanks for the help Pete. Sorry to break your tools.

Man, one of those rear brake drum bolts is really on there! The first 1/2 breaker bar that broke was a Snap On, the second one was a Matco- both strong tools- I suggested to Michael that we try the torque multiplier next
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fried_chicken Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 am

Wow.
fried_chicken
fried_chicken
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Grifspop wrote:

Man, one of those rear brake drum bolts is really on there! The first 1/2 breaker bar that broke was a Snap On, the second one was a Matco- both strong tools- I suggested to Michael that we try the torque multiplier next

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 7023 + What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 27521_123869950971683_9425_n =win

low tech but never fails

if you want to come by - i have one you could borrow
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:49 pm

i bent the hell out of a 3/4'' drive slider breaker bar gettin the nut off my 72. and also broke 2 1/2'' craftsman bars. it was so stuck on there, i had to stand on the end of a 6 foot pole on the 3/4'' breaker bar, and have two people sit in the backseat, because the tire kept sliding on the pavement. and i have 205's on the rear Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:05 pm

It's tough to keep the tire from spinning when you're trying to break it loose. We were lucky that Michael's emergency brake still worked somewhat on Judy. One side went pop, and loosened right up. Then 2 breaker bars went Pop, and that ended the project that evening.
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:08 am

i made a tool that works great for this i will post a pic later you dont even have to strain your self
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamrens Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:45 pm

i fit my rear fenders to my baja... Now i have got to finishing my motor and get a lower a pillar patch to get her back on the road.. god i miss my car...
jamrens
jamrens
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Put the motor in the back of my truck. Taking it to Doodle's tomorrow to get a pro to see what condition it's in.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:46 pm

iv done nothing to my vws in about 2 weeks other than fit my new wheels on my bus but ivbeen sweating doing grading an digging its going to pay off i got 18 yards of concrete coming at 7 am i hopeto have my shop up an running soon an there will be an open house an a bond fire the get together will probably be around 9/24/2011 keep your ears open you will hear about it
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 pm

With Jack's help, we got my Oval headed to Love's Trim Shop for the interior -

Should look real nice when Kip is finished with it!!!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 Ovaltrailer3

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 Ovaltrailer2

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 Ovaltrailer1

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 OvalatLoves2

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 OvalatLoves1

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 Lovestrim1
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Nice!! Can't wait to see it finished!! Cool
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:37 am

DOODLE BUGG wrote: i hopeto have my shop up an running soon an there will be an open house an a bond fire the get together will probably be around 9/24/2011 keep your ears open you will hear about it
definitely keep us all posted.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:39 am

DiggerD wrote:Nice!! Can't wait to see it finished!! Cool
X2
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:04 am

Kip loses 2 points for watching American Chopper!
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:23 am

BKiller wrote:Kip loses 2 points for watching American Chopper!

I think he was using American Chopper to lull his little girl to sleep
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:57 pm

American Chopper.............isn't that the show where the old one yells at the younger one and then the dumb one does something stupid?? scratch
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:57 pm

New points, condenser and fuel pump and we crunk her up.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 3 434
She idled nice and smoothly.
Brought it home and reinstalled it.

peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next