Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+79
ggaagg57
LungTube
59suicide
720boy
vdubbers
SavannahVW
Do Work 93YJ
Beetle Bailey
macollins105
tronview
Laz
Johnny
shaky
blupuick
Clyde
39coupe
Major62
dirtyd73
56rag
panic_fan
vwkultur
bulldawgdude
ping349n
rican11
65type2dailydriver
Brooks424
Geib
57RTOval
laith
tmerritt
primer00
type901
fifty9singlecab
67vdub
Cave Man
jerryg66
Raggtop
rpm750
casey.adams
loves trim
vwtattooed
aircooledaddicts
86vwgti8v
johnvalkennedy
68buggirrl
68beetlebug
adams77
meinvw
stasher1
ASBug
buggin70
callahan
Wildo
drewBAKER
Muffler Bearing
pwmcguire
PeeWeeMan91
camch
DiggerD
jamrens
zabo
Hobug
frehstan
fried_chicken
sploval53
LB Bedwell
BKiller
bumblebuggy
Knumb Knucks
hly3rd
vwovalchild
Damn-it Don
bakertim2
DOODLE BUGG
Bugman114
Grifspop
fluxcap
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
peregrine67
83 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Put the engine that came out of the single cab into Jade. I still have to put the rear tin on and rear bumper but the engine is in and running. Maybe tomorrow I can finish up everything and take it for a spin and see how well it runs.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:36 pm

fluxcap wrote:....then did some cruising around Newnan. Put just over 30 miles on it for it's first cruise. We were pretty high on fumes by the time we got over to Bob's house, so I really need to get the seal on the rear hatch. Need to get the seals on all the other doors as well to keep the rattles down, but man it was such a blast cruising around!!!!

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:49 am

fluxcap wrote:....but man it was such a blast cruising around!!!!

Thanks for stopping in and taking me for a spin. I'm ready to get the '70 rollin too.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Victory!!! After many months of fighting with the brakes, they bled easily and I can stop the car again. It was either the front to back line next to the tunnel or the crossover line over the trans that caused the problem. Glad I bought that bubble flare kit to make my own lines.

57RTOval wrote:Replaced most of the hard brake lines on the 66 Beetle plus installed the new gas tank. Hopefully, brake bleeding will go well and she'll have brakes again.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Installed the rear tin, rear apron and bumper on Jade. Also installed a starter relay on it. Now it starts with the key every time. I still need to clean up a breather for it, install some fresh air tubes, and give it a good bath!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Got pulled over by a Pike County Sheriff about O.B.'s year of make plate. Jerk followed me from Hill St. at 16 to the Pike County line so he could pull me over. Showed him the tag in the glove box and the tag office signed form and he still thought he was right. Oh and he is current on the laws and has been doing it for 35 years. Unfortunately I misplaced my copy of the law so I could prove him wrong right then. I now have copies of it thanks to Eric. I wanted to knock his freak'n head off. Evil or Very Mad He didn't write me a ticket though so.....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by vwkultur Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Hey can you put a copy on the site so we can download when needed? Very Happy
vwkultur
vwkultur
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:59 pm

vwkultur wrote:Hey can you put a copy on the site so we can download when needed? Very Happy

I just pasted it into the first post in the YOM wanted sticky
http://forum.georgiadubs.com/t2228-wanted-yom-tag-thread#19703
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Adjusted & bled the brakes for the ride down to Reynolds..... Cool
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:23 pm

put new seals on the cargo doors and front doors. Cargo doors are way to tight now. So tight in fact, that I was cranking down the outside door handle, and the effer just sheared right off!!! Shocked Something else to look for at the swapmeet I suppose. At least the lock cylinder is still intact, so I can just swap it out if I find a new handle. Ended up cutting some of the rubber to make it a little thinner and it works better now, but for the time being I have to shut the cargo doors from the inside. Rolling Eyes Laughing
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Damn-it Don Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Got a surprise phone call, and picked up my refreshed carb from ProFlow before he headed out to the Silver Dollar. Got it installed, and got the Knight out of the garage for the first time in.......well...... it's been too long! Still needs some fine tuning and adjusting, but the Knight is finally back!
cheers
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 TheKnight3_10_12
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Michael and I drove my hinge pin out of the driver's door, and put in a threaded pin so I can have a mirror-

Thanks, Bryce, for the use of that massive tool
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 65type2dailydriver Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Installed a Pertronix electronic ignition to replace the points. Boy does it run smooth Cool Should have done that years ago, oh well.
65type2dailydriver
65type2dailydriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.gregoryalanclark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:40 pm

65type2dailydriver wrote:Installed a Pertronix electronic ignition to replace the points. Boy does it run smooth Cool Should have done that years ago, oh well.

It's like having a brand new set of points everyday!
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Got the bus's title in the mail! First VW i ever had that was eligible for a title cheers
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by 65type2dailydriver Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Grifspop wrote:
65type2dailydriver wrote:Installed a Pertronix electronic ignition to replace the points. Boy does it run smooth Cool Should have done that years ago, oh well.

It's like having a brand new set of points everyday!

And not having to replace them ever again.
65type2dailydriver
65type2dailydriver
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Empty New Coil& electronic ignition on 66 HAWAIIN beetle

Post by bulldawgdude Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:00 pm

[img:a4fd]http://forum.georgiadubs.com/What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 102_0874[/img] Coil went out so put on a NEW bosch blue coil ..............and did electronic ignition (to eliminate the points & condenser ) the points were toast anyway......... THANKS DANNY (Danny Daniels / Grey GA)
bulldawgdude
bulldawgdude
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 65type2dailydriver Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 pm

bulldawgdude wrote: Coil went out so put on a NEW bosch blue coil ..............and did electronic ignition (to eliminate the points & condenser ) the points were toast anyway......... THANKS DANNY (Danny Daniels / Grey GA)

Do i see a trend? Good thing this isn't thesamba or we would have all the Electronic Ignition bashers chiming in on how great points are and how we are dumb for not using them. I have driven my bus for 16 years with points and i am now kicking myself for not switching to Electronic Ignition earlier after 1 day of driving with it. Hopefully it will work for the next 16 but if not I always have the old points and condenser as a back up.
65type2dailydriver
65type2dailydriver
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 pm

I don't even know how to adjust points. Been running a pertronix for 15 years.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 pm

I've heard that some of the Mexican and Brazilian distributors coming from Bosch have a cheap base metal that can cause the Pertronix to die- but the German distributors are O.K.
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Replaced the shocks, adjusted the valves, and replaced the front front bearings on the Jolly Rancher today. Gas adjust shocks make a hell of a difference.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Empty new brakes

Post by pwmcguire Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:24 am

Installed everything new that has to do with brakes on my 66 beetle. The whole system was trashed. The drums were still ok. I cleaned and painted everything in my path to slow the rust down.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Sh100016

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 Sh100017
pwmcguire
pwmcguire
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:45 am

^^^^^
Looks good!!! Cool
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Drove the Cabbie to work today...
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 03161210
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 03161211
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 03161213
Mocked up my direct bolt-on Western Turbines for Kermit...
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 03101210
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 03101211
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 22 03101212
Good day!
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Worked on gettin my car ready to haul my pop up to BAP. installed a set of inflatable air shocks to help with the load. unloaded at 35PSI, they ride really nice. at 100PSI it was too hard, when i hooked up my utility trailer loaded down with scrap metal, it rode SOO nice at 100PSI.

Also spent the better part of my paycheck at aircooled.net for a nice new intake for my single 44 IDF, some jets john recommended, and a new aluminum air filter because mine had broken, and fallen off Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next