Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+61
adams77
skunk
BKiller
fried_chicken
garomy
camch
mroberts
70VWKG
Hobug
Heinz57
sploval53
56rag
MellowMidget
Joe
65type2dailydriver
vwgirl
overspray
cavediver520
callahan
71Ghia
GhiaDD
vw57drvr
ShadetreeSHOguy
Cambur
57RTOval
tito
Muffler Bearing
smash
ladybugg
VW Chick
ASBug
vwovalchild
DiggerD
68buggirrl
buggin70
ibjamn
Johnny
ponycar25
peregrine67
DOODLE BUGG
drewBAKER
bakertim2
Goped406
zabo
39coupe
VW12step
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
aircooledaddicts
cylops80
bumblebuggy
meinvw
Grifspop
69panel
vwtattooed
Uglybug
Damn-it Don
fluxcap
56HAVOC
rpm750
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
65 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by ASBug Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 am

fried_chicken wrote:What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Bug10

traded my jeep for this 70 bug.... bounce neat little bug, no show car but its nice. has a narrowed beam and drop spindels (not installed)

Glad to see your back amoungst the living.
Now lets get together in NW Ga. for a cruise or somtheing...
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 30 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by fried_chicken Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:16 pm

yeah that would be cool.
fried_chicken
fried_chicken
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Rusty exhaust removed, new exhaust installed. The Thing is one step closer to being on the road.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:29 pm

new dist cap/wire,points and condenser. (thanks meinvw)
Also replaced the dist oring.

Ordered all the parts Bus Depot had on backorder from WW-shipped the same day.
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:35 pm

ANYONE ELSE NOT GETTING EMAILS ALERTS FOR NEW POSTS??? I haven't messed with my settings, so i don't think I did anything wrong. Is it just me?
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Bugman114 wrote:ANYONE ELSE NOT GETTING EMAILS ALERTS FOR NEW POSTS??? I haven't messed with my settings, so i don't think I did anything wrong. Is it just me?

I haven't got any alerts for a while now......
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:07 pm

DiggerD wrote:
Bugman114 wrote:ANYONE ELSE NOT GETTING EMAILS ALERTS FOR NEW POSTS??? I haven't messed with my settings, so i don't think I did anything wrong. Is it just me?

I haven't got any alerts for a while now......
My home computer started letting me hit the see newest post button yesterday, before it would go to a page that stated there were "no posts that met your search criteria..."
I wonder if this is related, I'll trade your update emails for my button usage any day...LOL.
I didn't need to even buy a MAC to get it to work...LOL.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:18 pm

i checked my preferences, just to see if they somehow got reset or something, but its still on YES for recieving notifications of reply's and PM's. Guess its a site thing, only the georga dub gods (bryce) can solve Laughing
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:27 am

good place for this discussion Rolling Eyes
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:01 pm

zabo wrote:good place for this discussion Rolling Eyes

I agree!!

So back on topic....... I sorta fixed an exhaust leak I developed on the way back from Knoxville the other day. I would need to do some welding to get it back 100%, but I am planning on a new exhaust in the near future so I will just roll with it for now......... Embarassed
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Back to top Go down

Post by VW12step Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:23 am

Got the needed parts to complete my pop-outs! (Thanks Jeff/56Rag), worked on tail lights, pedal cluster, front carpet, made a rain curtain for my passenger door, helped put an engine in a car my friend was working on. I had a busy day!
VW12step
VW12step
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by camch Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 am

installed a stage 3 pp due to breaking 2 stage 2's in the last month,,man i love that turbo
camch
camch
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-07-21

http://yubuggin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Picked up my gas tank from Sims Radiator. The inside is fantastic, but the outside looks like it was painted by a crack addicted monkey with a paint roller and some black Rustoleum mixed with beach sand. If you care what the outside looks like, you might want them to leave it unfinished.
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:40 pm

Grifspop wrote:Picked up my gas tank from Sims Radiator. The inside is fantastic, but the outside looks like it was painted by a crack addicted monkey with a paint roller and some black Rustoleum mixed with beach sand. If you care what the outside looks like, you might want them to leave it unfinished.

I had sims do the tank in my '39. The tank in the '39 isn't visible so it's not a big deal. But in a bug, with it right up front, I would not let sims do the outside.
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Fixed my charging issue in the 71. Found a wire I knocked loose on the regulator when I was taking out the back seat......... Embarassed
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:53 pm

DiggerD wrote:Fixed my charging issue in the 71. Found a wire I knocked loose on the regulator when I was taking out the back seat......... Embarassed

That beats swapping out the generator
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:59 pm

today while driving I get the urge to do something stupid, so when the light turns green, i'm making a left turn, and decide to do a burnout, so i floor it, the wheels are spinning, and i get out the the turn, and BANG. Crap. i guess i blew the 2074cc. oh well. Well, just to see, i try to crank it, and it cranks and cranks and cranks, but doesn't fire??? no metallic clanking, so wow, guess all is well. Now i'm corn-fused. I pull into a gas station, get out, and everything looks good at first glance. I check the plug wires, all is well. check the fuel filter, gas is there. WTF??? Still won't start. i go back and realize there is no positive wire on the coil, lol. I put it back on, and its really loose. squeeze it with some pliers and i'm on my way. So it seems while burning out, the vibration caused the positive wire to pop off, and since the throttle was open, gas must have made its way thru the exhaust, and caused a huge backfire, making me think i blew the motor, lol. anyhoo did a burn out comming out of the gas station. I really need to get wider tires. sometimes in traffic, when i see a small opening in cars, I'll try to go for it, but the tires will just spin, and the car won't move fast enough, lol. lol! that gets annoying, but at the same time, I LOVE IT geek
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Grifspop wrote:
DiggerD wrote:Fixed my charging issue in the 71. Found a wire I knocked loose on the regulator when I was taking out the back seat......... Embarassed

You got that right!!

This seems the week for electrical woes. First the condensor on the bus and now this.........atleast both were easy fixes!! Wink
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:10 pm

I set off a bug-bomb in the squareback so I can start tearing out the interior tomorrow with less fear of spiders!
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:56 pm

BKiller wrote:I set off a bug-bomb in the squareback so I can start tearing out the interior tomorrow with less fear of spiders!
i set off three bombs in a at the house because of wasps an snakes in it it looked like a cheech an chong car in the driveway there was so much fog coming out of every rust hole
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Got home today and soaked down the Square with Simple Green. Then fired up the pressure washer. The whole family was scrubin by the time we were done. Looks a lot better with the mildew and mold off of it.
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:53 pm

BKiller wrote:Got home today and soaked down the Square with Simple Green. Then fired up the pressure washer. The whole family was scrubin by the time we were done. Looks a lot better with the mildew and mold off of it.

Pictures or it didn't happen! LoL
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:52 pm

rpm750 wrote:
BKiller wrote:Got home today and soaked down the Square with Simple Green. Then fired up the pressure washer. The whole family was scrubin by the time we were done. Looks a lot better with the mildew and mold off of it.

Pictures or it didn't happen! LoL

X2
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by VW12step Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Finished carpet, got started on a spot I need to repair in the headliner, got a door panel on, then had to pull the whole door apart because the FREAKIN aftermarket window regulator I put in failed! Cleaned and greased the old one and it worked like butter. Another lesson learned. (I'm getting really good at rebuilding doors other than the dang window felt!)
VW12step
VW12step
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:31 pm

DiggerD wrote:
Grifspop wrote:

You got that right!!

This seems the week for electrical woes. First the condensor on the bus and now this.........atleast both were easy fixes!! Wink

I've had charging probs for a week now. ended up being a bad gen, i tried three rebuilt gens from advance, then finally went to tims, and picked up the worst looking one there, and shazam! light is off and battery is charging!

now if i can just figure out my fuel/carb problem...
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next