Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+61
adams77
skunk
BKiller
fried_chicken
garomy
camch
mroberts
70VWKG
Hobug
Heinz57
sploval53
56rag
MellowMidget
Joe
65type2dailydriver
vwgirl
overspray
cavediver520
callahan
71Ghia
GhiaDD
vw57drvr
ShadetreeSHOguy
Cambur
57RTOval
tito
Muffler Bearing
smash
ladybugg
VW Chick
ASBug
vwovalchild
DiggerD
68buggirrl
buggin70
ibjamn
Johnny
ponycar25
peregrine67
DOODLE BUGG
drewBAKER
bakertim2
Goped406
zabo
39coupe
VW12step
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
aircooledaddicts
cylops80
bumblebuggy
meinvw
Grifspop
69panel
vwtattooed
Uglybug
Damn-it Don
fluxcap
56HAVOC
rpm750
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
65 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 68buggirrl Sat May 15, 2010 10:48 am

Sanded down all the rust on the bug. Then took care of it. its black and blue now haha.
68buggirrl
68buggirrl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2010-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/bimmergirrl

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 56HAVOC Sat May 15, 2010 12:01 pm

So wht color are you going to paint it?
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 68buggirrl Sat May 15, 2010 10:08 pm

Well I would do Purple and white, lol. But Im keeping it OG as much as I can... Like im painting it the blue but adding some metallic to it. Smile

Mind isnt completely set yet..
68buggirrl
68buggirrl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Sun May 16, 2010 10:06 am

Melanie, i have a 3 inch narrowed adjustable beam ready to get that car down where it should be. lmk
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by 68buggirrl Sun May 16, 2010 11:27 am

Im totally down for it. We are planning on moving out of our house to Dallas/Hiram so money is tight right now.
I'll definitely let you know when I can get it together! Smile
68buggirrl
68buggirrl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Sun May 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Replaced my single circuit master cylinder with a dual circuit tonight. Installed new front brake shoes and will bleed the entire system tomorrow. Cool
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 65type2dailydriver Mon May 17, 2010 8:01 pm

DiggerD wrote:Replaced my single circuit master cylinder with a dual circuit tonight. Installed new front brake shoes and will bleed the entire system tomorrow. Cool
Nice! I want to do this as well. Did you get a kit, or find one from a 67?
65type2dailydriver
65type2dailydriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.gregoryalanclark.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Mon May 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Considered selling them all!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon May 17, 2010 8:22 pm

started working on my rail some more. did a little cleaning, and started to work on tha tranny. got it pretty much cleaned off. prolly gonna disassemble it, and change the gaskets.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Mon May 17, 2010 10:40 pm

65type2dailydriver wrote:
DiggerD wrote:Replaced my single circuit master cylinder with a dual circuit tonight. Installed new front brake shoes and will bleed the entire system tomorrow. Cool
Nice! I want to do this as well. Did you get a kit, or find one from a 67?

I already had a bay MC and a rabbit reservoir, so I ordered the kit with the spacer from CIP1. When the kit came in I saw it was a Wolfgang kit so I could have saved about 20.00 by getting it directly from them!! oh well. I still need to bleed the system and do some final adjustments.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Tue May 18, 2010 8:30 am

Swapped out my interiors and patched up and glassed the huge holes in the floor. So no more loosing stuff while driving!!! The Adventureareestyagen is comming together!
The old interior
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Busesbusesbuses008-1
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Busesbusesbuses007-1

And the new, opens it up quite a bit..
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Adventurareestyagen002

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Adventurareestyagen001
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue May 18, 2010 9:01 am

nice jerome cheers
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Tue May 18, 2010 9:52 am

Very nice. I never liked that huge blindspot cabinet on the right.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Wed May 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Recently located an amazing set of nearly NOS front walk-thru seats. Today I removed the scat pro-car buckets and was happy to find almost all the original mounting brackets still intact!! cheers Trimed the carpet to fit around the original mounts and the new,old seats slid in lika a charm! These seats were found in the rafters of an old junkyard storage building and appear to have only been used very briefly. Cool

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Installedseats1

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Installedseats2

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Installedseats4

All I am missing is the L shaped bracket that goes behind the passenger seat to support the right corner of the seat back. I will try to find an original one if possible, but it doesn't look like it would be very hard to fabricate one that was pretty close. This is the missing piece, this one is the driver side, which mine is missing also. The drivers side is not as critical as the passenger as the driver seat is one piece and doesn't need the extra support. (I will get/make one for this side as well for originality's sake).
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 662061
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed May 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Nice score on those seats! Every walk thru set I have had you needed a tetnis shot for! I need a good set for my 73, can see whats in the storage area thru mine...

Got the table in, need to take another 1/4" off the leg and polish it. Got my ladder and kayak rack on, as well as the strip for my awning. Now just need to put the cord on it so I can use it (red-neck awning, tarp and poles!). But almost finished with it. The sneetch is loving his new jacuzzi!!!!!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Moreadditions73003

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Newadditions73001

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Newadditions73002

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Newadditions73003

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Newadditions73004

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Moreadditions73005
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Wed May 19, 2010 4:34 pm

DiggerD wrote:

All I am missing is the L shaped bracket that goes behind the passenger seat to support the right corner of the seat back. I will try to find an original one if possible, but it doesn't look like it would be very hard to fabricate one that was pretty close. This is the missing piece, this one is the driver side, which mine is missing also. The drivers side is not as critical as the passenger as the driver seat is one piece and doesn't need the extra support. (I will get/make one for this side as well for originality's sake).
Are these the same setup as in the early bays?
Just a noob question, I have a set in my '68 that look alot like those .
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Wed May 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Nope, the bay window front seats mount differently than split window seats, especially the passenger front seat. The height of the front seat bottoms in a split window bus (walk-thru) is quite different from left to right. The passenger seat is two pieces and the backrest clips into the bulkhead, unlike the bay passenger seat which is adjustable.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 pm

finished welding the trans mounts on lady buggs car and welded the nut that holds the peddles on the tunnel for the automatic peddles try to post picks tomorrow
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1643
Registration date : 2008-12-01

http://bugglife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Thu May 20, 2010 9:04 am

DOODLE BUGG wrote:finished welding the trans mounts on lady buggs car and welded the nut that holds the peddles on the tunnel for the automatic peddles try to post picks tomorrow
Lady Bug:
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 16 Automa10
It'll be nice to have another ASBug on the fourum.

I have an extra AS setup and some misc. parts if you need any help / advice.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Thu May 20, 2010 9:21 am

its a fully auto out of the type 3
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Thu May 20, 2010 9:31 am

DOODLE BUGG wrote:its a fully auto out of the type 3
I always wondered how difficult that would be.
Are you taking photos?
Would it be possible to use an autostick peddle assembly for this application?
Just curious, thought about doing this in the future for a friend of mine who CANNOT drive a stick and is uneasy with my AStick setup...
Good luck,
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu May 20, 2010 11:24 am

there is a shriners dune buggy at import auto, with a fully auto type 3 tranny. they cut off the frame horns, and it seema like they simply welded together a box out of some 1/4 inch thick X 1 inch wide flat bar. the only problem is, the flat bar on one side is bending, so the engine and tranny is tilted down on the right. to me, it looks like the engine and tranny are about to break off. but i guess we'll see.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by DOODLE BUGG Thu May 20, 2010 2:57 pm

its not bad i cut off the wish bone an made a solid mount for the front an welded some 2x2 x1/4 square tubing i bent to the torchion tube an made a cross bar with removeable tabs for the bell housing an the auto stick pedels will work i just had to do some welding cause one hole was rusted away
DOODLE BUGG
DOODLE BUGG
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu May 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Got Ashley's 1300 bolted in Jade. Hope to drive it again tomorrow. Still have to hook up everything and if time allows do a little finishing work on the apron.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Fri May 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Started taking apart an IRS tranny for my rail. it was really crusty, and caked in oil, so the plan is to replace the gaskets, and any other parts that are worn, or broken. So far i've gotten the cv flanges off, the side cover, the nose cone, and the differential is out. I haven't seen anything bad yet. there was a small pile of powderd metal on the magnet on the drain plug, but that seems normal. no shavings or anything. and i suspect that the tranny prolly has never been taken apart because, who does that, except for poor people like me, who can't afford to just call up rancho and have them deliver a brand new tranny Laughing . and it seems that it has never had the fluid changed either, because it was about half empty, and the fluid was a very dark green, so i'm guessing it was prolly origional.

anyhoo, all i have left is to just pull the gear shaft assemblies out, and it'll be ready for a good cleaning.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next