Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Bugman114 Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:22 pm

Today i fixed a wierd fuel issue on tha 74 super. i kept running out if gas every 5 mins. the only thing that would get me going again, was to take the fuel line off, and let some gas run out, then hook it back up. it seems the vents on the tank were clogged. but i could even take the cap off, and it would make a light hiss noise, but not as bad as it usually does, and it still won't run unless i let the air out. soooooo, i replaced the vent lines, and it did the same thing again. wtf? but this time it didn't do the hiss noise when i unscrewed the gas cap. for the past 2 years the cap would always make a really loud hiss noise when i unscrewed it. anyhoo, i decided to replace the line going from the tank to the metal line. it was ther only line i haven't replaced with that expensive super awsome silicone line. i just happend to have a fuel line lying around, from when i removed it from the car from the metal line to the fuel pump. and viola, i drove from ellenwood to stockbridge and back (about 30 mins), and it ran great the whole time.

so i'm thinking since the vent line was clogged, but i could still drive for hours previously, i'm thinking the vent line was clogged in a way that only after a certain ammount of vacuume built up, the vent line would let air in, because weather i drove for 20 mins, or 3 hours, the cap would hiss about the same loudness. Soo i'm guessing after 2 years of that, the rubber fuel line, i hadn't replaced, must have finally started to collapse due to the constant vacumme.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 59suicide Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:40 am

Drove her to work today... just like every-other day, Funny thing is Its Veterans day and Im a Active duty veteran... gotta love the Marine Corps Cool
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Cleaned out all the trash that accumulated in it during the Florida trip. Then backed it out into the driveway and washed 5 pounds of bugs of the front end.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:33 pm

fluxcap wrote:Cleaned out all the trash that accumulated in it during the Florida trip. Then backed it out into the driveway and washed 5 pounds of bugs of the front end.

LOL!!! I think we all had to do that. And I'm here having a hardto with these foglights I gotin FL.
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:57 am

While you guys were enjoying the Fl sunshine, I was heading North to get an old friend back. Great reunion, and the Ratty Fatty is back home!!!!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Rattyfatty003
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Rattyfatty002
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Rattyfatty001
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Rattyfatty004
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:11 am

fluxcap wrote:Cleaned out all the trash that accumulated in it during the Florida trip. Then backed it out into the driveway and washed 5 pounds of bugs of the front end.

Smashed bugs are a badge of honor. If all you have is five pounds of bugs, you got off easy. Take it from the guy leading the pack in a bus.

As some of you know, I drove the buggy to the Sonic meet yesterday and then to work. Good idea at 2pm when it was in the 70s. Horrible idea @ 11pm when it was in the low 50s. I start to shiver just thinking about it.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:48 am

was driving home Friday and noticed second gear was revving kinda high for the speed i was going. I took a rd I hardly ever take home and well the clutch was slipping noticeably worse as the seconds went on, so for the sake of my flywheel I pulled over and called a tow truck... $45 for a hook up and $3 per mile, I'm about 30 miles from home Shocked so I told them no thank you I will walk and push the bug home... I called my bro to come get me so we can go get the truck and tailor. As I was standing there waiting a flatbed tow truck passed by with an blazer on the back and I was thinking to myself, the owner of that blazer is getting reamed right now. Well about 5 min later that same tow truck shows back up, and the first thing he asks me " You haven't found that chrome piece yet?" I then realized it was the owner of Toms VW on Austell Rd. Dave. Come to find out he is on his way home with a member of his churches blazer on the back... I felt like an ass, he lives 5 minutes from me so he towed it with the extra boom on the back. I rode with Him and he told me something told Him to take that way home also, god its good. He is also closing that shop on austell and opening a new one in NEBO a couple miles from home out of what he and a lot of my friends from work call Little Mexico. Cool

I KNEW THAT A VW DUDE WOULD STOP TO HELP ME BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WOULD cheers
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:04 pm

59suicide wrote:was driving home Friday and noticed second gear was revving kinda high for the speed i was going. I took a rd I hardly ever take home and well the clutch was slipping noticeably worse as the seconds went on, so for the sake of my flywheel I pulled over and called a tow truck... $45 for a hook up and $3 per mile, I'm about 30 miles from home Shocked so I told them no thank you I will walk and push the bug home... I called my bro to come get me so we can go get the truck and tailor. As I was standing there waiting a flatbed tow truck passed by with an blazer on the back and I was thinking to myself, the owner of that blazer is getting reamed right now. Well about 5 min later that same tow truck shows back up, and the first thing he asks me " You haven't found that chrome piece yet?" I then realized it was the owner of Toms VW on Austell Rd. Dave. Come to find out he is on his way home with a member of his churches blazer on the back... I felt like an ass, he lives 5 minutes from me so he towed it with the extra boom on the back. I rode with Him and he told me something told Him to take that way home also, god its good. He is also closing that shop on austell and opening a new one in NEBO a couple miles from home out of what he and a lot of my friends from work call Little Mexico. Cool

I KNEW THAT A VW DUDE WOULD STOP TO HELP ME BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WOULD cheers

where on nebo?
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:48 pm

Messed with Dads car a little bit. Got rid of the intake leak and got it idling. Also installed the turn signal switch that Eric gave me a long time ago in it. Haven't finished wiring it up though. Maybe I can finish wiring it up and the headlights tomorrow....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:13 pm

I tried to figure out which relay under the dash is for the blinkers. I failed...
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:30 pm

Found out it's cold when the sun goes down in the buggy. Laughing

Joe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://ATVW.COM

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Dead battery in Java. Fired up fine this morning and ran good. Got in the car after work and wouldn't start. Couldn't push it off either (at least not by myself). Got a jump and it fired right up and ran fine all the way home. Turned it off and went to start it again. It wouldn't crank. Changing batteries right now....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Sounds dumb but check your battery ground on the batt and the body my 74 tended to rattle loose started fine then all of a sudden nothing
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:15 pm

Yeah I checked all the connections before I got the jump. I switched batteries and it was fine. Drove to peachtree city and back after the swap.....
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Ragtop is home and off the trailer.... What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Icon_eek

On my way to get the club car!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Ragtop is home and off the trailer.... What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Icon_eek

i wanna see the rag
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:23 pm

buggin70 wrote:
Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Ragtop is home and off the trailer.... What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Icon_eek

i wanna see the rag

Maybe I should rephrase the piece of a ragtop shell is home....hahaha but I will try and get some pics tomorrow

Also the project car is here now. Towed it home with Java!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:
buggin70 wrote:

i wanna see the rag

Maybe I should rephrase the piece of a ragtop shell is home....hahaha but I will try and get some pics tomorrow

Also the project car is here now. Towed it home with Java!

o lol

well i wanna see the project car then lol
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:40 pm

buggin70 wrote:
well i wanna see the project car then lol
it is in this thread
http://forum.georgiadubs.com/aircooled-airheads-f7/anyone-up-for-a-club-project-car-t953-105.htm
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Towed it home with Java!

Too cool man!

I made the 1 1/2 inch adater for my torquemeister so I could get my oversized glandnut loose. Cut the head off an old 36mm gland nut and welded it to a 1 1/2 inch socket. I was then able to put the adapter in the short side of the torquemeister and get down to business.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 100_0957

Then I got the flywheel off and confirmed it was a leaky mainseal causing my oil leak.
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 100_0956

Dropped in a new mainseal and o-ring and then wanted to double check my endplay. Didn't have the correct tool so I had to improvise and make my own. It's rough, but it worked Laughing
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 100_0958

Removed the throw-out bearing and inspected the mainshaft seal on the transmission. It looked good and didn't appear to be leaking plus the transmission was still full, so I think I'll just leave that one alone for now. While the engine is out I pulled the sparkplugs and they were all pretty nasty and black, so I'm gonna get some new ones and see if I can't get the carb running a little leaner. Hope to get the engine back in on Monday and start on some other projects.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:25 pm

Nice work Eric!
If you need any help setting you carb let me know.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by 56HAVOC Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:02 pm

wow you had a rough day eric. but you got to do what you got to do,,
56HAVOC
56HAVOC
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:53 pm

made a little fuel tap extention- total cost $6 Very Happy

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 TapExtention
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:38 pm

zabo wrote:made a little fuel tap extention- total cost $6 Very Happy

Nice one, and way cheaper than finding an original used one!
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:20 pm

Put together an interior for the panel, then took it over into carolina to camp for the weekend. Great weekend in da woods!!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Oconee09027
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Oconee09028
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Oconee09029
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 Oconee09021

Before I left got the engine for the 68 done and installed. Will jump back on it tommorow and see if I can get it rolling! Got it installed and forgot that I had set it up with an electric pump, and had a coil mounted off to the side, so have to pull the coil and pump from the engine and should be able to hook up the fuel lines and cross the fingers!!
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 23 68engine006
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next