Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by BKiller Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:49 pm

meinvw wrote:
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 68engine006

Nice Exhaust! Wink
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by BKiller Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:28 pm

I started sorting out the 3 huge boxes of parts I got from my grandfather with the car. I guess Grandpa liked spark plugs and distributors!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 E902ac62
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:04 am

BKiller wrote:I started sorting out the 3 huge boxes of parts I got from my grandfather with the car. I guess Grandpa liked spark plugs and distributors!

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 E902ac62
Exhaust does look familar eh! If you decide to get rid of any of those dizzys and plugs let me know. Love to have the vaccum ones!!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:14 pm

Changed the oil in the jetta today. Also cleaned out all the junk I have accumulated in it. I had a narrowed beam, saw-zaw, clothes, vw trends, shoes, drop spindles and more....hahaha

Also pulled the bolt on valve covers off of jade and put on some stock covers.

Yesterday I picked up a sweet powder coated gas tank and a centerline wheel! Got to get the tank in java soon!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:50 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Changed the oil in the jetta today. Also cleaned out all the junk I have accumulated in it. I had a narrowed beam, saw-zaw, clothes, vw trends, shoes, drop spindles and more....hahaha

Also pulled the bolt on valve covers off of jade and put on some stock covers.

Yesterday I picked up a sweet powder coated gas tank and a centerline wheel! Got to get the tank in java soon!
I always hated those bolt on valve covers!
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:25 am

Got the engine in the 68 running yesterday. First time in years that it fired over after the intial install of a new engine. Sounds great! Took it up and down the road a few times, went this morning to the dmv and its now road legal, so a bit more tweaking and adjustments and the Ratty Fatty will be a daily once more!!! Going to install a pressure reg today and run it about to get evrything set right. Hopefully put enough miles on it today to re-adjust the valves, check the head tourqe, and break in the rings. Then I guess its time to start on the new bus!! When will I ever learn??
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:25 pm

Monday I messed with my front end again trying to get it raised back up about an inch so I could turn without feeling like I was going to rip my passenger fender off. I had tried before but the top adjuster just wouldn't go up all the way for some reason. Found out it was the shocks. I needed to disconnect them cause they were limiting the travel when I jacked the car up and the wheels would fall.

Today I swapped out my passenger hinge pin for a threaded one. Used the club tool and it worked perfectly. Only got a few big chips on the top side of the hinge. I'll touch them up with some extra paint but mirror should cover most of it anyways.

Did more welding on my vert decklid, getting close to ready for paint!

Unfortunately I haven't got my engine back in yet. I know the main seal was leaking pretty bad so I got that fixed, but on the Florida trip it seemed like the clutch wasn't disengaging all the way sometimes. I removed my pedal cluster and clutch cable, those seemed fine. I tried my hardest to get any play in the clutch tube to see if a spot weld had broken loose and that seemed fine too. I decided to just go on and replace the pressure plate, clutch and throwout bearing now just to be on the safe side. Only problem is nobody I have called the last two days has the early style in stock. Herrells said they should get some in this afternoon, but I was really hoping to have one this morning (engine install take me a while Laughing ). Oh well, just a few more days and I should get it back on the road.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:32 pm

did you check the pilot bearing in the flywheel gland nut? i had the same problem a while back. it noticed it a bit at first, but got so bad, that when i went to shift it would grind bad. checked the gland nut and the rollers inside were worn down flat, causeing a lot of friction causeing the engine to constantly turn the input shaft on the tranny. i replaced the nut and all was good, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Yeah Mike, I did look at that bearing. I stuck my pinky in there and it seemed to roll pretty well. I will definitely take a closer look at it though.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:15 pm

Finally got some pics of the ragtop. I am still undecided what I am going to do with it.....
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 S3010236
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 S3010237
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 S3010238
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 S3010239
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 24 S3010240
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Its an August of 62 car, very early 63 model
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by buggin70 Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:52 pm

Attorney Isaiah Loophole wrote:Its an August of 62 car, very early 63 model

what hit it haha
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:55 pm

Whoa, it looks like a chia bug with all the green growing on it. Looks like it is pretty gutted, but any idea what the extra dash knob was for?
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Nice. is the damage just to the hood, or is the body hurt any? can't really see in tha pics.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:09 pm

Bugman114 wrote:Nice. is the damage just to the hood, or is the body hurt any? can't really see in tha pics.

Needs a front clip for sure.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:00 pm

My son, who lives in TX, was home for Thanksgiving and we went for a ride in the waterbug. He liked it a lot.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Worked on the '64 pan a bit. Pulled the beam apart to see what makes it tic! Made a list of parts that I'll need to make it road worthy.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by laith Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Put new shocks and strut inserts in the Jetta. Went back to the stock springs, this ride height is going to take some getting used to. Put on a rear motor mount too as I had it hanging around.
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:06 pm

I have cleaned the engine and tranny, and I'm still working on the body. Mainly waiting on a wheel arch repair panel hopefully I can get some pics of the engine/tranny later tonight
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by laith Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:18 pm

59 Euro Rag wrote:I have cleaned the engine and tranny

Is this on the Rabbit? If so, what engine/trans?
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Put in a new engine to body seal, then re-installed the engine. It was getting late so I didn't get the decklid back on, but I drove it back to my house and put a fresh piece of cardboard under the engine. Just checked and so far no oil drips Very Happy . I only drove it a few miles, but I didn't have any of the clutch issues I had in Florida, so hopefully the new pressure plate did the trick. Need to put a few more miles on it before I know for sure though.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:10 pm

I've just decided to use the 8v and tranny out of the 78 for now I can always swap engines later I just have to get ahold of a 8v wiring harness and a carb set up
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtattooed Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:38 pm

WHAT HARNESS WOULD YOU NEED IF YOU ARE CONVERTING TO CARB? RUN A PERTRONIX IGNITOR IN THE DIZZY AND WIRE UP THE COIL WITH SWITCH POWER...WHAT ELSE? IF IT IS AN EARLY STYLE ALTERNATOR IT IS ONE WIRE HOOK UP.
vwtattooed
vwtattooed
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Santa came today, got my new tires for the '64. Can't wait to get the wheels and have them mounted!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

vwtattooed wrote:WHAT HARNESS WOULD YOU NEED IF YOU ARE CONVERTING TO CARB? RUN A PERTRONIX IGNITOR IN THE DIZZY AND WIRE UP THE COIL WITH SWITCH POWER...WHAT ELSE? IF IT IS AN EARLY STYLE ALTERNATOR IT IS ONE WIRE HOOK UP.

I think there are some sensors that need to be wired up and the front lights may also run through the Harness I'm not sure laith prob knows for sure
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next