Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 31 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Damn-it Don Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:14 pm

Combined parts of two fuel pumps, and got my car running! WOO-HOO cheers
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 31 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by bakertim2 Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:56 pm

Don Hall wrote:Combined parts of two fuel pumps, and got my car running! WOO-HOO cheers
YAY!!! Very Happy
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Nothing directly to the bus yet, but I did call the Tag office and my insurance company to see how much it's gonna cost me to get her legal again.

Last edited by peregrine67 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2010-01-27

http://freephilosophicaldiscussions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:22 pm

peregrine67 wrote:Nothing yet directly to the bus yet, but I did call the Tag office and my insurance company to see how much it's gonna cost me to get her legal again.
Tag should run around 20 bucks and I got full value replacement (my set value), antique auto insurance from State Farm for $250 bucks a year. 10, 000 mile a year limit but I don't see myself burning that up.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Got another carb to tinker with- something to play with!!
scott
scott
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:12 pm

I washed my fasty and my sedan... did anyone know my fastback was yellow? Laughing

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

vwgirl wrote:I washed my fasty and my sedan... did anyone know my fastback was yellow? Laughing

cheers about time, first bath since it left here, no wonder it did not want to leave! Poor thing, I thought I was going to have to call social services! Laughing
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by laith Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Installed the glass into the hatch. Thanks again Michael for the seal.
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:20 pm

meinvw wrote:
vwgirl wrote:I washed my fasty and my sedan... did anyone know my fastback was yellow? Laughing

cheers about time, first bath since it left here, no wonder it did not want to leave! Poor thing, I thought I was going to have to call social services! Laughing

It's been washed 2.5 times since I bought it 1.5 years ago... or something to that affect...

Hey the sedan hadn't been washed since it got painted... which was before (and after, and during) the time I got the fasty... so how bout that?

The paint on the fasty is in sad shape... all the many scratches like to hold that moldy stuff that grows on it to make it black Sad wish I had the money to paint her

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:21 am

Bought a rebuilt engine from a guy named Dave in Peachtree City. Seems like a nice guy. Engine looks good. We shall see how well it runs in the bus in a few days.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:45 am

bumblebuggy wrote:Bought a rebuilt engine from a guy named Dave in Peachtree City. Seems like a nice guy. Engine looks good. We shall see how well it runs in the bus in a few days.

Was that the one on CL a few days ago?
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:14 am

laith wrote:Installed the glass into the hatch. Thanks again Michael for the seal.

No prob, glad you got it sealed up! its fairly easy once you get the hang of it, now the windshield on the other hand, i'm still struggling with... Mad
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 am

vwgirl wrote:
meinvw wrote:

It's been washed 2.5 times since I bought it 1.5 years ago... or something to that affect...

Hey the sedan hadn't been washed since it got painted... which was before (and after, and during) the time I got the fasty... so how bout that?

The paint on the fasty is in sad shape... all the many scratches like to hold that moldy stuff that grows on it to make it black Sad wish I had the money to paint her

I have about a dozen cans of yellow spray-bomb you can have. Bought them for the old buggy and never used them, so some taqpe, a day and your rolling in shiney yellow for at least a week!!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:18 pm

fluxcap wrote:Was that the one on CL a few days ago?

Yea showed up on Sunday. Looks Legit. Nice and clean. End play looks good. Turns over by hand and seems to have good compression.
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Ordered my new rear fenders from Creative Car Craft. David was a big help. Should have them next week. I will put them on fill in the exhaust cut outs and continue the body work.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vwovalchild Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Trimmed the new panel tonight getting it ready for the front left quarter panel replacement. Now just need to transfer it to the car.
vwovalchild
vwovalchild
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-07-27

http://www.AirCooledArcheology.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bakertim2 Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:40 pm

I finished scraping the crappy tint off the windows and got the rear bumper mounted.
bakertim2
bakertim2
Dub God

Number of posts : 3230
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:57 am

Last night I popped the top up and heard this awful tearing sound. I looked up to find a 3' rip in the canvas. Oh well. It's last for 34 years, long over due for a replacement. It's a good thing I own an industrial sewing machine.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:34 am

peregrine67 wrote:Last night I popped the top up and heard this awful tearing sound. I looked up to find a 3' rip in the canvas. Oh well. It's last for 34 years, long over due for a replacement. It's a good thing I own an industrial sewing machine.

Dave on here has a bus that had a bad canvas, he used a polymer based paint and painted his. It gave it a rubberized coating and looks pretty cool. The holes he put in screen material which worked out really well. I think there are a few pics of the top in the pics from last years Beetles BBQ cruise. Its a 78 Brown westy with an american flag and yellow submarine mural on the canvas.
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by peregrine67 Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:42 pm

I've seen that bus around. I actually wouldn't mind making another one. I like sewing. I like the mural idea. I might just give my kids a bunch paint and Sharpies and let them have at before I reinstall it.
peregrine67
peregrine67
Out of Control Dubber

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 31 Empty I'M VENTING GET OVER IT!

Post by rpm750 Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:20 pm

AVOIDED YET ANOTHER F''''ING YOUNG DRIVER TALKING ON A GD CELL PHONE. JUST MOVED RIGHT OVER ON ME IN THE LEFT HAND LANE. SHE NEVER HAD A CLUE, BITCH IF YOU CAN'T SEE MY BRIGHT ASS ORANGE CAR GET OF THE GD ROAD! YOU DRIVE TALKING ON A PHONE ON A REGULAR BASIS. F''' YOU!!!! THIS MAKES THE THIRD TIME THIS HAS HAPPEN, ALL IN FAYETTE COUNTY.
That reminds me I need to fix my f''''ing horn!!!

Have a nice day!
Where is that smilie shooting a bird when you need it?
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:37 pm

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 31 Flip
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Well I had a suspicion that my left front shock was going bad, seems that I would bottom out the tire into the fenderwell more often that it had in the past. Today I got under there and pulled the old shocks off and replaced them with new KYB GR2's. It is like a whole new bus now!! Cool Not only was the left one bad the one on the right was pretty spongy too. I took it for a test ride this afternoon and hit all the old spots close to the house where it would bottom out and was not able to get it to scrape even once!! cheers I think it handles better at speed in the turns, but then that may just be my imagination. Anyway I am more than happy with the results. Cool The install went pretty much snag-free, the only problem was that the mounting pin on the Wagenswest beam does not allow you to use the metal collar in the shock eye, so I had to drill those out and remove them.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 31 Shocks2
New KYB installed.
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by vwgirl Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:36 pm

rpm750 wrote:AVOIDED YET ANOTHER F''''ING YOUNG DRIVER TALKING ON A GD CELL PHONE. JUST MOVED RIGHT OVER ON ME IN THE LEFT HAND LANE. SHE NEVER HAD A CLUE, BITCH IF YOU CAN'T SEE MY BRIGHT ASS ORANGE CAR GET OF THE GD ROAD! YOU DRIVE TALKING ON A PHONE ON A REGULAR BASIS. F''' YOU!!!! THIS MAKES THE THIRD TIME THIS HAS HAPPEN, ALL IN FAYETTE COUNTY.
That reminds me I need to fix my f''''ing horn!!!

Have a nice day!
Where is that smilie shooting a bird when you need it?

Funny thing is... driving while talking on a cell phone isn't exactly illegal... but somehow I think not having a functioning horn is... either way, I am right there with you on both counts!

vwgirl
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 pm

you should install a freight train horn, lol. that'll get their attention Twisted Evil
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next