Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 69panel Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:08 pm

On the waterbug I insulated the roof with foil bubble foil. Insulated under the back window with Quick Roof (Poor man's Dyna-mat). Installed moisture barrier on both doors and put door panels on.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by 57RTOval Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:21 pm

59 Euro Rag wrote:
57RTOval wrote:Brought home a used front beam for my 66. It's been torn down completely and the next step is to weld in some adjusters.

you gunna narrow the beam, Pete? or just leave it stock width?

This one is going to stay stock width. I'll see how I like it and then narrow one if needed.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:49 pm

bumblebuggy wrote:
BKiller wrote:Got the car all ready for the road finally. Even got the tag on Friday.. Now to find some car shows???

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 6560_1115482640613_1033352186_30299

Airheads met @ Sonic yesterday. Where was that?

Didn't get done buffing until Saturday night!! I should make the next meet..
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Didn't get to do anything on the bug this weekend. Spent the weekend rebuilding the master cylinder and getting brakes on the 39 chevy. Got it tuned up and cleaned up, running pretty good now. Drove it around a bit today, first time in over 10 years.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 DSC03152

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 DSC03154

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 DSC03159

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 DSC03160
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifspop Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Nice looking '39 Coupe
Grifspop
Grifspop
Dub God

Number of posts : 2323
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:00 pm

Finished putting the scrapers, rubber and windows back in the passenger side door. Put a new moisture barrier up and then re-installed the door panel and handles. All done except I need the hollow rivet for the vent wing hinge. Thought I had an extra laying around, but couldn't find it. Oh well, it's got a bolt/nut for now. I'll get the rivet on my next parts order.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:29 pm

I made armrests from Pine capped with Teak on top for my front doors. A little Walnut stain and padding Lacquer and they are presentable.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:06 pm

scrapers hard eric? Those are not far down on my list..
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 pm

Well little late but on Friday morning my car turned 87,000 miles. Then I went to Charlotte, NC.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 PIC-0130
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:26 am

zabo wrote:scrapers hard eric? Those are not far down on my list..

They can be a little tricky. You need to put a little tape along the outside of the door. The aluminum trim on the outside scraper will knick your paint if you let it get away from you. I got my new outside scraper from WW and it had good clips which snapped in easily. The inside scraper is more of a pain. It uses a thin wire to snap in place. You have a very narrow opening to work through and the wire always wants to flip up or down rather than in the holes. (may not make sense now, but when you start installing the new one, it will.) I started putting a drop off 3-n-1 oil on the clip sections of the wire, and that seemed to help them pop in place a little easier.

Here's a pic from the samba. This is how you'll want to tape your door up. You can also see the inner scraper and stupid wire.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 255186
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:42 pm

fluxcap wrote:
zabo wrote:scrapers hard eric? Those are not far down on my list..

They can be a little tricky. You need to put a little tape along the outside of the door. The aluminum trim on the outside scraper will knick your paint if you let it get away from you. I got my new outside scraper from WW and it had good clips which snapped in easily. The inside scraper is more of a pain. It uses a thin wire to snap in place. You have a very narrow opening to work through and the wire always wants to flip up or down rather than in the holes. (may not make sense now, but when you start installing the new one, it will.) I started putting a drop off 3-n-1 oil on the clip sections of the wire, and that seemed to help them pop in place a little easier.

Here's a pic from the samba. This is how you'll want to tape your door up. You can also see the inner scraper and stupid wire.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 255186
http://forum.georgiadubs.com/detailed-repairs-f19/how-to-replace-a-bay-outside-window-scraper-t584.htm
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:10 am

Took the 58 down to Columbus GA and traded it for a Vespa. Now back to work on the westy, everytime I fix an oil leak another pops up........ Waiting on all new brakes to come in and try and finish it up by next week so I can drive it up to High Country!! Hopefully Bus Depot will get my order right so I will have everything needed, usually gets here with something off or missing. Crossing my fingers and toes!!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:51 am

I started the buggy and ran it for about 15 minutes. It's not just loud. It's frickin SCREAMING LOUD. Gonna need a baffle or muffler or something. If this things bite is as bad as it's bark, I'm in trouble. Twisted Evil
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:42 am

bumblebuggy wrote:I started the buggy and ran it for about 15 minutes. It's not just loud. It's frickin SCREAMING LOUD. Gonna need a baffle or muffler or something. If this things bite is as bad as it's bark, I'm in trouble. Twisted Evil
My brother in law built one and ran into the same trouble. It was very squirrely because he had trouble keeping the front tires on the ground.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Started pulling Ashley's car apart today. Getting it ready for Billie at Stockornaut to hook up the metal work that needs to be done. Pulled all the the seats out in preparation for Inside Job (David) to cover.

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 S3010001-1
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 S3010002-1
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 S3010003
What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 S3010004
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Jacked my 66, pulled the front beam out, and tore it down to the bare beam. Time to get brave and try some cutting and welding later this week.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:03 am

Drove the buggy to work! cheers
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:50 am

nice^ Smile
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:31 pm

Built a Soda Blaster and blasted the corrosion and flaking chrome from a 1968 Automatic Stickshift emblem that I am going to put on the hood...
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:19 pm

I installed a power window on the driver's side on the waterbug. It was so frustratingly difficult scratch that I may not put one on the passenger side. Rolling Eyes
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by DiggerD Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:32 pm

Installed a new ground wire from the horn button to the horn since the original one was MIA. No Fishing the wire thru the steering box went better than expected so we had time for a test run around Winder honking at random people on the street........... Twisted Evil
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 39coupe Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Got some of my engine tins painted up and test fitted, hoping to get the engine together this weekend. Will have to wait on finishing it as I want to get some stainless screws for the tins, unless anyone has some I can pick up sooner?

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 DSC03183
39coupe
39coupe
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 455

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:37 pm

Looking good!
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by VW12step Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:21 pm

Changed the oil and put an axle on the Caddy, more sanding and priming on the Beetle.
VW12step
VW12step
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 499

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Pulled the 1641 because of a damaged case, put together another engine (1600DP) and went with a stock carb vs duals (easier to put in!). Finished up the brakes, had to go old school and have the wifey pump since the one man bleeder is getting worn out, but got the brakes working. Drove it up and down the street and was happy with it so washed it and went to town with some rattle can. Went to register it and its never been in GA so had to come home and drive it to the DMV to be checked out by a Sheriff, had a good physical, it passed and is legal now. Had only the drivers seat in it and the officer got a kick out of being able to see the asphalt thru the floorboards!! But his Dad owned a few when he was a kid and he got a big kick out of seeing one up close again.
Anyway, got it home and started work on the pans, pass seat was held in by 3/4" zip ties around the heat channels, so being cheap and broke did a job the next owner will post on abortions and look what the PO did threads. Hey I had no sheet metal other than my street signs and I am keeping those, so welded in braces from here to there and glassed the rest. It needs channels and full pans anyway so all work is easily removed for a proper fix. But its safe now and I can no longer pick up loose change at red-lights!!!!

Busy 2 days but have a driver again! The paint is rattle but $35 and 2 hrs vs 12hrs and $300+, hey its a ratt anyway right. anyway, heres 2 days of busting a$$.
First is it 3 days ago....

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 578627

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 578626

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 578625

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 7 578624
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next