Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do to your volkswagen today?

+55
scott
peregrine67
vwgirl
drewBAKER
56rag
shaky
fried_chicken
DOODLE BUGG
vwtattooed
71Ghia
tarvw
buggin70
Stockornaut Restorations
Buss66
stasher1
goatfarmer67
buggin58
56HAVOC
skunk
Joe
panic_fan
Damn-it Don
mroberts
laith
Cambur
Johnny
Yaeger
BKiller
ASBug
daltondragger73
Grifspop
57RTOval
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
jshmnghm
fluxcap
59suicide
fearthefat138
vwovalchild
tito
VW12step
adams77
rpm750
65type2dailydriver
tronview
zabo
meinvw
bakertim2
39coupe
bumblebuggy
69panel
aircooledaddicts
71_georgia_beetle
Bugman114
Goped406
DiggerD
59 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 6 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by Cambur Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:00 pm

57RTOval wrote:
59 Euro Rag wrote:sold the 56 rag... Crying or Very sad

Wha???? Shocked

yep, it had to go... well it didn't have to, but the money is going to help with the 55, and with a few things on the jetta!!!! Twisted Evil
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 6 Empty Re: What did you do to your volkswagen today?

Post by zabo Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:35 pm

got it back down on all fours- bleeding brakes and broke off a bleeder valve Sad
try to get one from a flaps tomorrow
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:46 pm

did some grinding, welding, priming and sanding on the dune buggy chassis. Still unsure weather i want to shorten the chassis, or lengthen the body Question
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by laith Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:31 am

Pushed the truck into my mother in law's yard after the clutch wouldn't disengage. Exact opposite of the problem I just fixed. I am getting so tired of this.
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by fearthefat138 Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:57 am

laith wrote:Pushed the truck into my mother in law's yard after the clutch wouldn't disengage. Exact opposite of the problem I just fixed. I am getting so tired of this.
get an aircooled i had nothing but trouble for the short time i had watercooled Laughing
fearthefat138
fearthefat138
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by laith Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:08 am

fearthefat138 wrote:
laith wrote:Pushed the truck into my mother in law's yard after the clutch wouldn't disengage. Exact opposite of the problem I just fixed. I am getting so tired of this.
get an aircooled i had nothing but trouble for the short time i had watercooled Laughing

Frustrated yes, but not ready to throw in the towel. My watercooled cars have been extremely reliable....until now.
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by 69panel Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:33 pm

I took my doors apart on the waterbug and lubed everything up. I installed new felts and scrapers. While the doors were gutted I put sound deadener on all the bare metal. You would not believe how solid the doors sound when closing them. The widows roll up and down easier now. The door latch works easier as well.
69panel
69panel
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://sites.google.com/site/bertsguitarshop/

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Swapped carb set up on the 73 westy, went with a progressive, much better that the dual dells! Also pulled my oil pump since it was leaking, replaced the seal, leaked worse, pulled it off again and doubled the seal and used aircraft sealant. Next round pissed out 4 quarts in less than 60 seconds... Pulled again and then noticed the oil pump housing was cracked..... Was getting worse with each round of tourqe. So looking for a housing for i.
Got the beam in on the 67, a few adjustments and waiting on parts from stockornot to get it rolling.

Oh yeah, cleanned the garage up and put away all of my tools, it amazes me that for every 8 hours working on the v-dubs I end up with 16 hours of cleanning?????
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:44 pm

meinvw wrote: went with a progressive, much better that the dual dells!
Please forgive him, he had been smoking crack at the time he typed this comment. Very Happy
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:27 pm

dude, progressives are awsome when set up right. I have a progressive on my turbo bug, and it works excellent. i get 35 mpg when driving normally (1/2 throttle), and like 20 when i stomp on it (Full throttle). Great gas mileage when i want, Shit loads of power when i want Twisted Evil . Perhaps stockurnaut can properly tune a progressive. From what everyone says, they can do pretty much anything VW related. afro

Maybe i need to let you take the turbo bug out for a spin, maybe then you'll come over to the progressive side Twisted Evil
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:40 am

Adjusted the valves yesterday for the first time. Pretty easy job.
Changed the oil too. Now I am not the smartest guy on the planet but I would like to kill the person that invented the oil sump on my car. How is there no drain plug?? Taking off the 8 bolts without getting covered in oil is an impossible mission...
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:31 am

BKiller wrote:Adjusted the valves yesterday for the first time. Pretty easy job.
Changed the oil too. Now I am not the smartest guy on the planet but I would like to kill the person that invented the oil sump on my car. How is there no drain plug?? Taking off the 8 bolts without getting covered in oil is an impossible mission...

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113115179 Wink
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:43 am

BKiller wrote:Adjusted the valves yesterday for the first time. Pretty easy job.

They make covers that have a plug in the center so you can drain 98% of the oil out.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D113%2D115%2D181%2DA

I promise I'll start reading all the other posts before I comment again. Rolling Eyes
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 59suicide Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:40 pm

nothing since its 400 miles away, I'm on vacation, haven't driven the bug in 10 days Evil or Very Mad I keep telling the wife we should have drove Toby up here vs. the GLI
59suicide
59suicide
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:45 pm

59 Euro Rag wrote:

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113115179 Wink

Yeah, my car has this though..

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=198
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by meinvw Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:42 am

71_georgia_beetle wrote:
meinvw wrote: went with a progressive, much better that the dual dells!
Please forgive him, he had been smoking crack at the time he typed this comment. Very Happy

The dells need some love, would rather run them but they have no choke and need a rebuild. So the progressive runs way better vs the dells in their shape. Will go thru the dells and clean and rebuild then put them back on and see how they do. Anyone ever put manual chokes on them? Or know what jet size they need to run on a 1.7?

Other than that went to a scrapyard yesterday and racked up on a few goodies, 2 tachs, oil temp gauge, 2 awning rails, headlights for the bug, 2 oil pumps for the bus, a bunch of westy tags, dealership badges, lights for the gon, wide 5 rims and tires, ton of small pieces parts needed for all my projects. One neat find is a speedostar govenor in an old bus. Ties into the speedo cable and retards the engine by vaccum when you hit a set speed. Seemed kinda odd in a bus!!
meinvw
meinvw
Complete Dub Addict

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2008-11-22

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/e/jeromeeldreth/

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:59 am

Bugman114 wrote:dude, progressives are awsome when set up right. I have a progressive on my turbo bug, and it works excellent. i get 35 mpg when driving normally (1/2 throttle), and like 20 when i stomp on it (Full throttle). Great gas mileage when i want, Shit loads of power when i want Twisted Evil . Perhaps stockurnaut can properly tune a progressive. From what everyone says, they can do pretty much anything VW related. afro

Maybe i need to let you take the turbo bug out for a spin, maybe then you'll come over to the progressive side Twisted Evil
Quite the opposite effect on a type IV.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Changed the Oil, Adjusted the clutch and put a different starter on.
Will be driving to Charlotte, NC. tomorrow after work!!!
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by laith Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 am

Pulled the tranny last night in my mother in law's driveway. Found the problem...I freaking hate Autozone crap. The clutch hub had separated from the outer friction surface. Ridiculous. The "flywheel side" marking hadn't even worn off and I hadn't launched the truck hard since doing the clutch.

Oh well, threw an old disk (Sachs..German) that I had around from when I upgraded the Jetta. Got the trans back in and ran out of daylight. Will finish it up and be back on the road tonight.
laith
laith
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:31 am

started getting a bad vibration/ knocking from the motor. I'm thinking its the flywheel getting loose, because the shifter was vibrating badly too. SO we'll see. hoping i didn't mess up the dowl pin holes in the crank. Don't really care about the flywheel. i'd rather it be the flywheel then the crank (well i'd rather it be neither, but you know what i mean, lol). Laughing . I'll be pulling the motor in a few mins to see whats up.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by BKiller Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Got the car all ready for the road finally. Even got the tag on Friday.. Now to find some car shows???

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 6 6560_1115482640613_1033352186_30299
BKiller
BKiller
Dub Crazy

Back to top Go down

Post by 57RTOval Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Brought home a used front beam for my 66. It's been torn down completely and the next step is to weld in some adjusters.
57RTOval
57RTOval
Dub Crazy

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebuggy Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:46 am

BKiller wrote:Got the car all ready for the road finally. Even got the tag on Friday.. Now to find some car shows???

What did you do to your volkswagen today? - Page 6 6560_1115482640613_1033352186_30299

Airheads met @ Sonic yesterday. Where was that?
bumblebuggy
bumblebuggy
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambur Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:26 am

57RTOval wrote:Brought home a used front beam for my 66. It's been torn down completely and the next step is to weld in some adjusters.

you gunna narrow the beam, Pete? or just leave it stock width?
Cambur
Cambur
Complete Dub Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rpm750 Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Just got back from Charlotte, NC. 662 total miles, averaged 34mpg, ran 65 - 70 mph. No problems at all, lots of thumbs up by the speed-r-bys!.
rpm750
rpm750
Dub God

Number of posts : 2258
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://forum.georgiadubs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next