Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atlanta roads and rain...

+8
fluxcap
sploval53
dlandvw3
zabo
ASBug
MRJEL
Damn-it Don
taylorb
12 posters

Go down

Atlanta roads and rain... Empty Atlanta roads and rain...

Post by taylorb Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:37 am

I visited my mom this weekend after getting rid of my 71 bus for a 67 bug. On the way down I whent back roads to west GA and stopped by Herrals bug parts for some goodies Smile. That was about the only good part of the trip.

I decided to drive the highway back home to canton. It piss pored rian the whe time. With all the spray from car tires I couldn't see a damn thing!!! The pot holes were INSANE! There was multiples that I had to swerve to miss. My bug isn't lowered i fact my tires are one size bigger than stock.

Then to make it worse driving 60 on the highway a guy cuts me off one of my front tires locked up I had to brake so hard. Ugh. STUPID RAIN......STUPID POT HOLES......STUPID DRIVERS
taylorb
taylorb
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Atlanta roads and rain... Empty Re: Atlanta roads and rain...

Post by Damn-it Don Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:50 am

I recently had the .....'experience' of travelling southward on our Atlanta interstate system in my lowered bug. It was not a farfegnugen moment! Mad
In my 500 mile trip, the worst roadway conditions were, without a doubt, I-285 to I-75S. On I-75, things began to improve and by the time I got near Macon, I could relax my two-handed deathgrip on the steering wheel. After that it was a very enjoyable drive.
On the return trip, I went I-75 to I-20 in order to skip 285. It was well worth the detour.
Damn-it Don
Damn-it Don
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1692
Registration date : 2008-07-25

http://airwerxart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MRJEL Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:41 pm

The ONLY way I would ever enjoy driving in Atlanta would be in a Sherman tank!

I'll add many miles to a trip to avoid it!

MRJEL
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ASBug Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:20 pm

I just hate ATL in general, the roads are just icing on my hate cake.
KC
ASBug
ASBug
Dub God

Number of posts : 2185
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:59 pm

This thread makes me laugh

west atl is the best
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

I unfortunately have to drive through Atlanta, and 285 twice a week for work sometimes...from Macon that is. The only good thing is I'm in a big Freightliner when I do, cars tend to not get in the way as much as they do when I attempt it in the VW
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by sploval53 Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:31 am

I drive through atl every day u just get use to it. Ya get to where u can make your way through traffic with no prob
sploval53
sploval53
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:58 am

Yeah, I haven't daily driven a vw in a long time, but I did a long time ago for about 6-7 years, and I was in or around Atlanta constantly during that time span. It was just an everyday routine back then and felt normal no matter what the road conditions were. Potholes and rain don't bother me much at all anymore in my VWs, the only thing nowadays that really makes me put a death grip on the steering wheel is driving through construction zones with concrete barricades and no emergency shoulder.
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabass Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:47 pm

dlandvw3 wrote:I unfortunately have to drive through Atlanta, and 285 twice a week for work sometimes...from Macon that is.  The only good thing is I'm in a big Freightliner when I do, cars tend to not get in the way as much as they do when I attempt it in the VW
What kind of freightliner? Class 8 trucks are my favorite vehicles, next to VWs Cool 
Gabass
Gabass
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2013-01-17

https://www.facebook.com/NorthGeorgiaSpeedometer?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by dlandvw3 Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:18 pm

M class, huge thing with a big lift. We have to transport our lithotripsy (kidney stone blaster) machine to each O.R. We work in
dlandvw3
dlandvw3
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Knumb Knucks Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 am

zabo wrote:This thread makes me laugh

west atl is the best
rds in west Atlanta are the best.lol
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:46 am

I hate driving on 285 in my personal car, and it sucks just as bad in my freightliner cascadia (well not MINE, company truck, lol). So many friggin potholes, anything on my shelves usually ends up on the floor, Especially if I have an empty trailer. but 18 wheelers aren't allowed inside the perimeter, so we don't have a choice :/
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by damon23 Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:10 pm

How many times are they going to pave 285 on the west side north of Paces Ferry? They need to redo it from 285 to Paces. The 1-20 west to 285 north interchange is horrible. The expansion joints open up so much they'll swallow a wheel. What makes it worse is the numb skulls that drive the same speed, pull the same mercy merge high speed maneuvers in the rain. Clueless drivers. As a service manager I go from customer site to customer site everyday. I drive a F150 and rack up about 200 miles a day on 285 and surrounding roads. What people pull in the wet and dry just amaze me. Like the woman that tried to get off I20 west onto Fairburn road from the far left lane going well over 65mph. You all know how that went, flipped seven times and kill 2-3 kids in the car? And that was in the dry.

And can anyone answer why when people are coming off I20 west on to 285 north in the rain they always wreck and tear up that guard rail? It almost never fails when it is raining that the accident is in the exact same spot.

damon23
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down