Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any info on this 66 bought in Dallas, Ga

+2
Knumb Knucks
benten_sc
6 posters

Go down

Any info on this 66 bought in Dallas, Ga Empty Any info on this 66 bought in Dallas, Ga

Post by benten_sc Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:51 am

Hi,

I bought this 66 back in January from a guy in Dallas. He had an ad on CL and I got a hand written 'bill of sale' from him. Well now Im having trouble registering in SC and I wondered if anyone knew who might have owned it previously. I would like to start working on it but I'm afraid to until I get the paperwork sorted out.

Any info on this 66 bought in Dallas, Ga 66-bug10

Thanks for any help you GA guys can give!
Ben

benten_sc
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-06-11

Back to top Go down

Any info on this 66 bought in Dallas, Ga Empty Re: Any info on this 66 bought in Dallas, Ga

Post by Knumb Knucks Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:54 am

I don't recognize the car. Maybe somebody will come forward.
Knumb Knucks
Knumb Knucks
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1768
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Any info on this 66 bought in Dallas, Ga Empty Re: Any info on this 66 bought in Dallas, Ga

Post by fluxcap Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Yeah, I don't recognize it either. Is there not a signature on the bill of sale? Does SC require titles for older vehicles?
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:11 pm

I remember the car from the craigslist ad but have no clue who owned it.

Last edited by Attorney Isaiah Loophole on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobug Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Bryce your link goes to an admin only forum.
Hobug
Hobug
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.athensvwclub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Oops....there is no info regarding the car anyway.....just peregrine67 asking about it for his brother
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by benten_sc Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:23 pm

SC requires the last registration from the last "titled owner in GA" which is a problem since it changed hands several times before I got it.

And yes we require titles on all cars here.

Ben

benten_sc
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:42 pm

wow man, that could be very tough. Georgia doesn't require titles on cars that old, so if that car came from another state to Georgia, it's quite possible a "titled owner in GA" doesn't even exist.

Looks like SC has an "older than 25 years" loophole though. Just looks like a lot of paperwork and waiting.
http://www.scdmvonline.com/dmvnew/default.aspx?n=titleandreg#Vehicles25YearsOldorOlderwithNoTitle

Hopefully you haven't already tried this and been shot down. confused
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857

Back to top Go down

Post by earlyvwfanatic Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Do you know anyone in Alabama? There is a way to get around it all if you know some in Alabama willing to register it in their name and then sign it back over to you. Alabama is easy to get a title and registration for a older model car...seen it done a few times:-) Last time one guy registered it in his name in Alabama and the new owner registered in his name in Fla the next day!!
earlyvwfanatic
earlyvwfanatic
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down