Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

needing to rebuild my pedal assembly

5 posters

Go down

needing to rebuild my pedal assembly Empty needing to rebuild my pedal assembly

Post by bayboy87 Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:03 pm

i probally would be able to do it havent put much time in it yet with all thats been going on. got that stomach bug thats going around sunday oh it didnt start til i got to reynolds wasted my 30 dollars. this is for the rail im building is the spring about the only thing that can be replaced and ive lloked but is there a detailed breakdown of one
bayboy87
bayboy87
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2012-09-16

Back to top Go down

needing to rebuild my pedal assembly Empty Re: needing to rebuild my pedal assembly

Post by macollins105 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:18 pm

For this post, I will assume you have a standard VW bug pedal for your rail. You start at the base of the clutch pedal. Knock out the pin at the base of the clutch pedal that locks it to the shaft with a small punch. You are now able to remove the clutch pedal off the clutch pedal shaft. Once removed, you can knock the clutch pedal shaft out of the pedal assembly housing. This will only leave you with the gas pedal and brake pedal. The brake pedal is held on by a “C” clip and once removed; you can slide the brake pedal of the housing shaft. It is common for the brake pedal to get stuck and not want to slide over where the “C” clip use to be. I normally have use a small puller or hammer to get it off the assembly housing. Replace the brake return spring and put it all back together. I hope that made sense…
macollins105
macollins105
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Back to top Go down

needing to rebuild my pedal assembly Empty Re: needing to rebuild my pedal assembly

Post by DiggerD Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Bentley is your friend......... Wink
DiggerD
DiggerD
Appointed Forum Smartass

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bayboy87 Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 pm

yea im gonna try it out tom.
bayboy87
bayboy87
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabass Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:20 pm

You may have to drill out the pin. Use some very fine sand paper to make the pedals move on the shaft easier.
Gabass
Gabass
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2013-01-17

https://www.facebook.com/NorthGeorgiaSpeedometer?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayboy87 Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:40 pm

i guess it'd help if i got the springs and stuff i need to rebuild it but had a sales call by the house hopefully get by bugeyed tomorrow.
bayboy87
bayboy87
Dub Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookdriver Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:53 am

I use a c-clamp that i modified into a pin driver. Works great t get it started. Use p blaster and heat. The pin will go eventually. While you have it all apart tap the top side of the mount block assembly for a zerk fitting so you can give it a shot of grease every couple months.
Hookdriver
Hookdriver
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down