Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rocker Assembly

4 posters

Go down

Rocker Assembly Empty Rocker Assembly

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed May 05, 2010 11:42 pm

I procured a new set of EMPI HI-PERFORMANCE 1.25 RATIO ROCKER assemblies. They fit, but can I and is it wise to use them on the SP 1600 that I'm rebuilding? It's being rebuilt stock. Better performance? Just better parts over stock? No way in hell? Advice please.
Rocker Assembly 21-2164-0A
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Rocker Assembly Empty Re: Rocker Assembly

Post by cavediver520 Thu May 06, 2010 6:47 am

You can use them although you will have to get shorter push rods i do believe. I have read that there is not enough noticeable difference with the 1.25's to go through the hassle of the install but that the higher ratio rockers are easier on the valve train than a high lift cam. Just a thought...
cavediver520
cavediver520
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by aircooledaddicts Thu May 06, 2010 8:35 am

You can use them no problem. You should be able to use the stock length pusrods no problem. You'll know as soon as you put them on if you are going to need to change pushrods. The rockers will give you a little more power but not enought to notice probably. They are stronger and more dependable than stock rockers though. So if you have them I would use them Cool
aircooledaddicts
aircooledaddicts
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1670
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://www.aircooledaddicts.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Thu May 06, 2010 8:53 pm

Those assemblies look almost identical to all the other rocker assemblies out there (scat, latest rage, bug pack, etc.). they are definately a higher perfoemance option then normal 1.25 rockers. they have solid shafts, and the adjustment on the pushrod side. and if they are the same as the others, then you will need shorter pushrods. i opted for a set of cut to length chromoly pushrods, because with those, you set the gap to loose 0. so it makes valve adjustments a breeze, lol. also be sure to set up the valve geometry correct. at half lift the adjusters should be perpendicular to the arm, and the same for the valve to pad. also the pad should hit the valve directly in the middle of the valve, and not to far back or forward. i love this pic, it explains it perfectly:

Rocker Assembly Halflift

this pic shows stock arms, with swivel foot porsche adjusters, but the concept is the same. this is what your half lift should look like.

with those, you will also have to change the studs in the heads as well. the new ones are a little longer. very easy to do. took me like 30 seconds, lol. just double nut them out, a dab of red locktite. its a good idea to let the loctite to dry, as if you don't they will turn as you tighten them, as they usually come with lock nuts.

sometimes you need either rocker shims or lash caps, but in my case, i haven't had to use either.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum