Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Anyone Identify This Transmission? <<SOLVED!!!>>

4 posters

Go down

Can Anyone Identify This Transmission? <<SOLVED!!!>> Empty Can Anyone Identify This Transmission? <<SOLVED!!!>>

Post by Bugman114 Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:22 pm

howdy yall. i got this transmission in a parts lot years ago, and was about to scrap it, but the more i look at it, the more i think it may have some use in a rail or baja or something. the CV's go in the left end of the transmission (in relation to the picture). in the second pic you can see the hole where the CV goes, and the other CV goes in the other side directly opposite of that hole. it IS a manual transmission. Also in the second pic you can see a differential cover on the end.

Can Anyone Identify This Transmission? <<SOLVED!!!>> 26457370038_large

Can Anyone Identify This Transmission? <<SOLVED!!!>> 26457370037_large

Can Anyone Identify This Transmission? <<SOLVED!!!>> 26457370036_large

and based on the configuration of the bellhousing, it came from a car that had the engine sitting straight (not left to right like a honda or something), and on the same end as the drive wheels. the only vehicles that come to mind that meet this criteria, is VW, porsche, and chevy corvairs, and non of them have a transmission that looks like this. any ideas? thanks Very Happy

Last edited by Bugman114 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : can't spell XD)
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Number of posts : 2461
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Can Anyone Identify This Transmission? <<SOLVED!!!>> Empty Re: Can Anyone Identify This Transmission? <<SOLVED!!!>>

Post by 56rag Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Socks with flip flops????? Shocked lol!
56rag
56rag
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Can Anyone Identify This Transmission? <<SOLVED!!!>> Empty Re: Can Anyone Identify This Transmission? <<SOLVED!!!>>

Post by buggin70 Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:57 pm

could be out of an old passat or quantum they looked like they were rwd under the hood but they were actually fwd
buggin70
buggin70
Out of Control Dubber

Number of posts : 1956
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 pm

i'll do a bit more reasearch but i can't seem to find any quantum or passat transmissions that look like that.

Also I don't see any markings on it anywhere. the only mark on it is on the very top, there's an "H" on it.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by fluxcap Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:50 am

56rag wrote:Socks with flip flops????? Shocked lol!
Busted! Laughing
fluxcap
fluxcap
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugman114 Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:11 pm

i was running a topic on thesamba as well and they figured it out. it seems it came out of a VW K70. never heard of it myself, but found it on wiki. apperently never sold in the US. no idea how the hell it got over to the states, lol. i may have to track down the guy i got the parts from, and see if he has the rest of the car, or know who does, lol.
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down