Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PayPal Question

5 posters

Go down

PayPal Question Empty PayPal Question

Post by panic_fan Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:52 pm

I have purchased and paid for things with PayPal before but never received payment from someone.

My question is what happens now? Does it go as a credit on my debit card or does it sit in paypal until I tell it what to do? Any help is appreciated.
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

PayPal Question Empty Re: PayPal Question

Post by stasher1 Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Mine just sits in my Paypal account until I spend it or have them cut me a check. As one of the people who got ripped off during the Ebay/Paypal merger, it'll be a cold day in hell before I give them access to any of my bank accounts.
stasher1
stasher1
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by zabo Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:08 pm

yea just sits in paypal until you either spend the dough on something else, or withdraw it by getting them to mail you a check or transferring it to your bank accnt.

btw CIP1 accepts paypal
zabo
zabo
Dub God

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.trustzabo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by panic_fan Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:49 pm

Cool, thanks. Thats what I thought. I dont want to give them my account number either so It can sit till I buy something else!
panic_fan
panic_fan
Dub Nut

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Attorney Isaiah Loophole Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:51 pm

You can get a debit card from paypal and use the money just like you do from your bank. That is what I do.
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Dub General

Number of posts : 4988
Registration date : 2008-07-20

https://georgiadubs.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by 71_georgia_beetle Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 pm

panic_fan wrote:Cool, thanks. Thats what I thought. I dont want to give them my account number either so It can sit till I buy something else!
I have been a power seller for 6 years and never had a problem with the security of my bank account. Most banks have unauthorized charge protection and Paypal has the same.
71_georgia_beetle
71_georgia_beetle
Dub Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://www.burelphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stasher1 Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:51 pm

I've had my PP account for roughly 10 years now and mine was one of the many that were "hacked" during the Ebay takeover. They hit me for a little over $1250. About $180 of that was auction payments sitting in my PP account, the rest was charged to the primary card on the account. My contact info had been changed, email notification disabled, and funds were transferred to somebody in Thailand. This all happened in a very short time span, and I only found out about it because I was checking my account balance to have them cut me a check for the $180 in my account.

Capital One was fantastic and took care of the $1050, but PP's fraud department was a royal PITA to deal with. I had to jump through hoops and supply them with signed and notarized affidavits stating I wasn't trying to rip them off. They conducted their own investigation which I was not privvy to and graciously decided to return my money roughly two months later. Rolling Eyes

Google PP class-action suit and you'll see that I wasn't the only one. There were many, many people ripped off during that time.

I still have a PP account and I use it on a fairly regular basis, but I will NEVER give them access to my bank accounts nor will I leave my debit card on the account as an active card. Had it been my primary card when I got ripped off, I could've been cleaned out and bouncing checks all over the place.
stasher1
stasher1
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down