Georgia Dubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dual Oil Relief Cases

2 posters

Go down

Dual Oil Relief Cases Empty Dual Oil Relief Cases

Post by allan4570 Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:56 am

Guys, I need help quick. I am in the process of rebuilding my engine out of a 71 super beetle. I think, (I could be wrong) the rear oil relief galley(by the flywheel) has the plunger (valve) in upside down! The reason I state this, is when I compress the short spring, plunger and screw in plug together, they measure more than the depth of the galley. My measurement of the galley is 1.36 inches deep. I would like to ask of you guys, if you could measure a dual relief cases you have laying around and see if this is the same measurement you get. All I have is 36hp cases.
Thanks for your help!
allan4570
allan4570
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Dual Oil Relief Cases Empty Re: Dual Oil Relief Cases

Post by allan4570 Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:31 pm

No need for a reply. I got my answer from a fellow samba member. The valve (plunger) was indeed in upside down. I tried a magnet, but the valve (plunger) was stuck tight. So, I drilled into the center of the plug and when almost through the bit grab the plug and started spinning it. I then got a long sheet metal screw, got it started and simply pulled it right out. Now, I should have good oil pressure! cheers
allan4570
allan4570
Dub Noob

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Dual Oil Relief Cases Empty Re: Dual Oil Relief Cases

Post by Bugman114 Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Holy Crap Shocked . Good thing you didn't blow up Shocked
Bugman114
Bugman114
Dub God